Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3828903;
    Tonight should be very telling. If Jake doesn't allow Ali to come back, what are his reasons? Did he know she wasn't his F1, was he mad at her for leaving and refused to give her a second chance, is it just a continuation of last Monday's conversation leading nowhere since Ali couldn't come back anyway? Or is it to provide closure and the equivalent of not getting a rose to pave the way for the bachette?
    I think they will just play it has too little, too late. He doesn't trust her anymore.

Can't you see in the future Fleiss killing someone off and then bringing them back..you know like the soaps.
    thatsaaalotaawords...

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3829196;
    Not gonna happen. Read post 3030 from the Spoiler Media Thread about the story from the 2/14/2010 New York Post in the Media thread. Fleiss believes that recycling jilted bachelor/ettes is part of the winning formula and it gets people to tune in. I guess he thinks the seasons that had really low ratings were because the principals were unknown to the viewing public.

He so much as said that beginning with Trista, they recycled past contestants.

Thanks for bringing this over with the links. I'd been trying to find them to add to this discussion. Recycling, according to Fleiss, is not just good for the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3829246;
    Thanks for bringing this over with the links. I'd been trying to find them to add to this discussion. Recycling, according to Fleiss, is not just good for the environment.
    don't throw things....but I'm getting used to the recycling and really don't mind it. It's easier to get into the season when you know a little about them, especially as a boardie, you know a lot more about them than the average viewer.

I'd love an Ali season
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

So what the heck is the vampy "I'm going to give Jake a 'gift' but first I have to put on my lingerie" routine, saying about the F1? Brazen and blatant....
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3829861;
    So what the heck is the vampy "I'm going to give Jake a 'gift' but first I have to put on my lingerie" routine, saying about the F1? Brazen and blatant....
    Sorry, I can't resist this. I notice you like JED. I didn't last season, Reid fan here, but what is the difference in what Vienna did tonight and what Jilly did last season with Ed? Very skimpy lingerie (by primetime standards) when she came out of the BR or wherever. I'm honestly curious. I've come around to realize that Jillian and Ed is none of my business and they obviousely have something. I respect that. They have weathered the storm of tabloids and such.

Who does Vienna's hair, make-up and such? I am sure she is very attractive in person, but the hair and wardrobe people are doing a terrible job! I dont want to be mean, cause I sort of like Vienna but it makes me wonder how that fits with her interesting edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3829997;
    Who does Vienna's hair, make-up and such? I am sure she is very attractive in person, but the hair and wardrobe people are doing a terrible job! I dont want to be mean, cause I sort of like Vienna but it makes me wonder how that fits with her interesting edit.
    She does her own - just like all the gals do
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I can't help but note that the edit tonight left some opportunities for an ATFR surprise - but not with Ali. Gia is the one that is a possible candidate for Jake to turn to, should he choose no one at the FRC. Gia was constantly portrayed as a mature lady ready for a relationship, who, Jake thought, was "beyond him". Even in defeat she behaved gallantly and expressed positive thoughts.

I am not saying that is how the show will progress but it does seem like a big waste of time for TPTB to edit Gia this way if there was not an ulterior motive. Of course, that motive could also be that Gia is a candidate for the new Bachelorette.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3830005;
    I can't help but note that the edit tonight left some opportunities for an ATFR surprise - but not with Ali. Gia is the one that is a possible candidate for Jake to turn to, should he choose no one at the FRC. Gia was constantly portrayed as a mature lady ready for a relationship, who, Jake thought, was "beyond him". Even in defeat she behaved gallantly and expressed positive thoughts.

I am not saying that is how the show will progress but it does seem like a big waste of time for TPTB to edit Gia this way if there was not an ulterior motive. Of course, that motive could also be that Gia is a candidate for the new Bachelorette.
    or it's b/c Gia is actually like that...anyways all signs point to Ali as the new bachelorette. Gia is apparently dating someone else, an old boyfriend.