Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3827885;
    Sometimes, though, a cigar is just a cigar.
    Bloomers, tag line got me thinking about the line "Sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke." So I googled it and take a look at the book that is quoted!!! (Note I edited 2 "P" words just in case.")

: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" is attributed to Sigmund Freud. But there is no evidence that he actually said it. It means that sometimes a cigar is what it is and not a ph"xx" symbol -- an elongated object representing a pe"xx"s. "This line is beloved by showboat psychology professors who imitate Groucho Marx while telling students that Freud said that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." From "Nice Guys Finish Seventh: False Phrases, Spurious Sayings, and Familiar Misquotations" by Ralph Keyes (HarperPerennial, 1993).
    Thanks for that explanation - now everytime I see a cigar, I am going to think about the male anatomy.

To me the saying always meant something mundane like,"Yep! it's just like it appears to be - no more, no less."
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Spectacular means that the view of the Pitons (a UN World Heritage Site)from one of the world's most exclusive resorts will be a stunning site. I don't think they are teasing anything about his choice of companion (or not).

The main reason I feel like Jake is not engaged to the one he picks if he picks one is because I feel like he isn't sure what he wants. I mean to me Vienna and Tenley are two completely different people.
    ______________________________ _____
    Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3827843;
    We see the pic of the F3 Rose Ceremony lineup, and Ali is not there. Jake could have included Ali if he wanted to. He had the option, but she is not there.
    Did Jake want Ali?
    What conclusion do we draw?
    Jake is mad at Ali for skipping the Fantasy Date.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Not sure, but perhaps this is a reference to the ATFR bombshell Vienna supposedly drops, per a comment posted in response to RS' latest blog?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3828039;
    Jake is mad at Ali for skipping the Fantasy Date.
    You might be right at that...
    It seems as though she had a few days before she had to be back at work.** Do we know if that would have been enough to have made it through the Fantasy Date section of the process?
    So do we know if Jake knew exactly when she had to be back?

** All of this, of course, is neither here nor there in actuality. If she knew that she was not going to be able to complete the process because her (very real) job (in her life) by necessity had to take priority, then the more mature emotional decision was to go sooner rather than later.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3828047;
    Not sure, but perhaps this is a reference to the ATFR bombshell Vienna supposedly drops, per a comment posted in response to RS' latest blog?
    can you summarize the comment here, I can't bear to go wade through RS's site...

C4Real, post 2338:

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3827577;
    It says that Vienna and Jake have gone their seperate ways. The poster claims he lives near Vienna and a friend of his has been dating her for a couple of weeks. He claims Vienna said the whole show was a goof to her and she had no interest in a long term relationship with him. Claims she said they are obligated by contract to pretend to be together until the ATFR taping and that she's going to drop a bombshell at the ATFR. No information on what the bombshell is.

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr;3828055;
    C4Real, post 2338:
    Oh gawd...more crapola to make us watch till the bitter end.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3827577;
    It says that Vienna and Jake have gone their seperate ways. The poster claims he lives near Vienna and a friend of his has been dating her for a couple of weeks. He claims Vienna said the whole show was a goof to her and she had no interest in a long term relationship with him. Claims she said they are obligated by contract to pretend to be together until the ATFR taping and that she's going to drop a bombshell at the ATFR. No information on what the bombshell is.
    First, didn't someone say that this very same poster claimed a while ago that both girls were rejected? Do we know anything about this poster from any other posts?

What bothers me first about this post is that supposedly
    Vienna says they are to "pretend" they are together until the ATFR, yet she is also supposedly already dating someone else. Those two don't mesh together.

However, if you take it literally, then you might can look at as possibly he chose her as F1, but there was no marriage proposal. If it was just a "Let's date and see where it goes," and it didn't go , then she could be dating someone else. Thus, she may indeed have seen it as a "goof" (good time), and she's not interested in a long term relationship with Jake simply because it is already over.