Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3827807;
    And I think the new buzzz for this season is supposed to be ''the most SPECTACULAR'' frc ever...............
    I hear spectacular and always think fireworks...perhaps they're going to be a different sort of fireworks during the FRC...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mpls. girl;3827833;
    His choice was no one--then Ali.
    I think it is important for edit analysis to remember that this storyline was played out in the edit last season when Ed, who left and missed the Hometowns, told Jill he had made the wrong choice and asked to come back. Jillian re-inserted him back into the Rose Ceremony line-up. She then chose to allow Ed to advance at the expense of one of the other contenders who had been through the hometowns when Ed had not.

Ali calls Jake, and we hear her tell him she has made the wrong choice. (The producers have given her his number!) Since Jillian accepted Ed back, we know that if Jake chooses to, even though Ali has missed the Fantasy Dates, Jake can have Ali join the other 3 girls in the F3 Rose Ceremony. At that point, regardless of who has been through the Fantasy Dates, he will choose 2 or the 4 of them.

We see the pic of the F3 Rose Ceremony lineup, and Ali is not there. Jake could have included Ali if he wanted to. He had the option, but she is not there.
    Did Jake want Ali?
    What conclusion do we draw?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Regular

all is not as it seems.....

FORT Regular

They're foolin' with the sleuthers this year!

Quote Originally Posted by mpls. girl;3827844;
    all is not as it seems.....
    Why do you say this? Bloomers has a great reasoning while Ali wasn't F1. Why do you think she was?

I can reach no other conclusion from the edit than that it's going to be spectacular in the way my Aunt Bessie used the word: "That boy's going to make a Spectacle of himself on national television."
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3827878;
    I can reach no other conclusion from the edit than that it's going to be spectacular in the way my Aunt Bessie used the word: "That boy's going to make a Spectacle of himself on national television."
    ROFL - now THAT is a great depiction of the FRC............ great visual too LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Sometimes, though, a cigar is just a cigar.
    Bloomers, tag line got me thinking about the line "Sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke." So I googled it and take a look at the book that is quoted!!! (Note I edited 2 "P" words just in case.")

: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" is attributed to Sigmund Freud. But there is no evidence that he actually said it. It means that sometimes a cigar is what it is and not a ph"xx" symbol -- an elongated object representing a pe"xx"s. "This line is beloved by showboat psychology professors who imitate Groucho Marx while telling students that Freud said that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." From "Nice Guys Finish Seventh: False Phrases, Spurious Sayings, and Familiar Misquotations" by Ralph Keyes (HarperPerennial, 1993).

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3827839;
    I hear spectacular and always think fireworks...perhaps they're going to be a different sort of fireworks during the FRC...
    That's what I think of too. The word spectacular is usually used in association with a showy display of something. Like you said, fireworks or also a Broadway play, or an entertainers performance etc. Maybe with a dud ending, they decided to bring in Jeffrey Osborne in to sing On the Wings of Love

but after Ali getting the original played during her date..... it would be just tacky to play it for V ***gag***
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3827839;
    The commercial on the mother board says "There's just three weeks left until the spectacular Bachelor Finale" and then Vienna says "bam, fireworks".