Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3827697;
    On edit- there have been many questions on why V's edit was so "bad" for an F1. Well she was signed up to provide drama on the show due to her personality. They knew she would give them a lot to work with for the show. They did not expect J to go for her. They could not not use all her drama and hide her because nothing else was happening in the house without her at the center. So they had to "make her look bad" to keep the show interesting. IMO. A sidebar to this:Reading a book on 2008 election and they said the public views of who Elizabeth Edwards was and who she is were totally opposite. They spin real life as well as this show.
    They edited V bad, because she is, and they already knew that she and Jake were splitsville before the season even started. TPTB have had a blast this season with their editing because they were free to do so. They didn't have to clean the F1 up because she was already history. They had a field day with V/Ali and the rating skyrocketed.

I read somewhere that a friend said Ali was perturbed that her edit made her look catty and a biotch when she is such a sweet girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3827687;
    Technically, you are always one of our ace sources of info, and I always want to acknowledge that. Thank you for your patience as I tried to sort out this bit of potentially important information.

The next part is in general and is not directed at jlccaz :

Some people can act unconscionably and take advantage of others' naivete', and with so much info sometimes out there, it is also difficult at times to know what is real and what is bogus. I have received a couple of PMs that have helped me to understand that the reshoot is simply a rumor -albeit one that can hurt the people rumored and most definitely the ones who believed it.

I have stated before that I was on this board during DeAnna's season when I think almost all of us got taken by bad inside info coming from several directions including from a couple quite significant contenders themselves. The sleuthers who might have escaped (if any) surely might have gotten caught in the haul a few seasons before that one.
    We live and learn.
    I throw that out there for anybody who got hurt by this one and might be reading and to help those of you who are learning.
    Agreed. Parroting pseudonymous insiders was never the way to go in "sleuthing" whatever that word means anyway. If one doesn't have the information from a percipient witness, of known -- not pseudonymous identity -- who is revealing it in a way that is inherently reliable (or the information is corroborated by indisputable fact), one doesn't have a source worth repeating except as pure rumor. Journalism / Fact Investigation 101.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3827650;
    If what she said is true, what does it matter?? we've heard others say they went on the show for the fun/adventure/exposure/whatever - they all know they only have a 1 in 25 chance of being picked or even liking the guy doing the choosing - so if you can get the time to go and do it, have some fun, get to ride in a helicopter, go to San Fran/St. Lucia - why the heck not?? Of course the prerequisite of looking fabo in a bikini is very important
    Which would disqualify me, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3827758;
    Chris said millions of fans are going to be dissapointed, but Jake will be happy with the outcome.
    And I think the new buzzz for this season is supposed to be ''the most SPECTACULAR'' frc ever...............
    Last edited by Capegal; 02-13-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3827807;
    And I think the new buzzz for this season is supposed to be ''the most SPECTULAR'' frc ever...............
    So it's disappointing and that's Spectacular? CH is very confusing with his adjectives this season, is it intentional? Maybe he wanted to mix it up a little bit after 18 seasons with people complaining about it being the most dramatic FRC when it didn't turn out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3827815;
    So it's disappointing and that's Spectacular? CH is very confusing with his adjectives this season, is it intentional? Maybe he wanted to mix it up a little bit after 18 seasons with people complaining about it being the most dramatic FRC when it didn't turn out that way.
    CH never said it was disappointing. He quoted Jake saying some people were disappointed with his choice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3827819;
    CH never said it was disappointing. He quoted Jake saying some people were disappointed with his choice.
    Saying that some people will be disappointed with his choice lines up with the remarks of having to be the one to live with his decision, etc., so I don't see much new content here. They are both preparing the majority of the viewing audience for the F1 to be the least likely or the least favorite fan choice the way that I am reading it.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Regular

His choice was no one--then Ali.

I think "spectacular" was what MF said in describing Jason's FRC. Someone got the dates mixed up and used a 2009 article. I don't think MF has said anything about this season's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3827836;
    I think "spectacular" was what MF said in describing Jason's FRC. Someone got the dates mixed up and used a 2009 article. I don't think MF has said anything about this season's ending.
    I think CH used Dramatic in last weeks show.