Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3818471;
    Indeed why Noobslueth!!!! Is this Jake's way of getting ABC to cover Vienna's back since he cannot come right out and say anything until the final rose ceremony is shown. Vienna is certainly the most sincere of the girls in her feelings about Jake and hopefully if they are together or not all this digging into her past will cease soon. Maybe Jason & Molly's wedding in March will help ease this negative press for Vienna & Jake they deserve to be happy too.
    If Jillian & Ed can survive the press storm they went through I hope Jake & Vienna will be able to do the same. I am worried for Vienna, she seems more vulnerable due to her age.
    Jake has been giving abc and the producers ratings galore I would hope they could help him out now, other than Trista season the ratings have never been so good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3818471;
    Indeed why Noobslueth!!!! Is this Jake's way of getting ABC to cover Vienna's back since he cannot come right out and say anything until the final rose ceremony is shown. Vienna is certainly the most sincere of the girls in her feelings about Jake and hopefully if they are together or not all this digging into her past will cease soon. Maybe Jason & Molly's wedding in March will help ease this negative press for Vienna & Jake they deserve to be happy too.
    If Jillian & Ed can survive the press storm they went through I hope Jake & Vienna will be able to do the same. I am worried for Vienna, she seems more vulnerable due to her age.
    Both Jillian and Ed are socially savvy in that they know how to deal with "storms" from life's experiences plus they are at least a decade older than Vienna who talks before she thinks and Jake doesn't seem like a "strong" person to lean upon to weather the storm from what we have been shown of him in two seasons. Maybe he will surprise everyone IF and when his future is at stake. Often people unexpectedly rise to the occasion when they have something to hold on to in life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3818112;
    I'm late to this party and don't even know if this is where to post this, but here goes my random, rambling thoughts, mostly about Vienna....

I just watched this past Monday's episode today, as well as the first episode. While "On the Wings of Love" serves as background music in varying tempos, the recurring them seems to be "fairy tale", "Prince Charming", "happily-ever-after", etc. That would be especially fitting if Tenley were to "win", given her past role as a Disney Princess and ABC owning Disney. However, Vienna has also mentioned that her Daddy treats her like a princess, she feels like a princess and I'm assuming it's V's father on the hometown who says Jake needs to treat his daughter like a princess.

I'm not quite sure what it means to be treated like a princess or a queen or any of the other royal titles that are thrown around on this show. I would hope - even if it's not aired - that Jake does ask follow up questions of the father to determine what exactly it means to be treated like a princess.

Even though Vienna claims that her Daddy treats her like a princess, she seems genuinely in awe of 5 star hotel suite in which she is staying, as well as being in a famous city. She was "scared" being in the "dungeon" (what we'd call the wine cellar) in the Vineyard castle and I believe she has mentioned more than once that Jake is her knight in shining armour. Of all the women, she's probably most in need of Jake "saving" her (from the full time workforce, no doubt) and yet she has also drawn from within to be strong for Jake when he was vulnerable and needed it most (at the bungee jump). Of what we are shown, she seems to the one who is most focused on Jake as a man and hitting all the right spots as far as helping him feel strong and needed, while also demonstrating that she will be there for him when he needs it most. I'm not sure she has the depth or maturity to consistently provide that, but of the women there and still left she seems to be providing the balance of what he has said he wants in a partner.

When Vienna went off to look for Jake when he was with Gia, it struck me that she does not do well with alone time, at all. To me that is a red flag that she will depend on Jake or a future partner too much to provide for her needs, rather than developing some independence and self-insight to grow and mature herself. The "princess" term may also mean that she is not self-sufficient and she is dependent on a man to provide that for her. She may not have the talent, maturity or inclination to do that for herself.

Finally, I believe that both Tenley and Vienna lack the filter to know when it is appropriate to express certain thoughts out loud. However, Tenley does it in sweet, baby voice and so it doesn't come across nearly as abrasively as it does with Vienna. Since Tenley's outward package is softer on the eyes, I believe her words and actions fall under the halo effect while Vienna's suffers from the horn effect.
    Before the RC when she was sent home Jesse said something to that effect to Jake that Vienna could be looking for a "daddy" (to pay her bills like her daddy did when she wrecked her cars). While there is little to no chance that Jake is going to be bungee jumping periodically (he may never do it again if he is that terrified) Vienna being there for him in that context may not be needed. On previous seasons we have seen women being there as emotional support to the bach/ette in a few instances that I don't recall Vienna doing on this season so far. On the other hand, Jake "treating her like a princess" (if that means catering to her every whim and fancy and, letting her have her way about every little thing) could and possibly would be a daily or weekly occurence if Vienna is even 25-50% the way she has been portrayed/edited on this show. There is a huge "gulf" of a difference here, Jake may well have more on his plate than he anticipated in real life if that's the case.JMO!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3818666;
    Before the RC when she was sent home Jesse said something to that effect to Jake that Vienna could be looking for a "daddy" (to pay her bills like her daddy did when she wrecked her cars). While there is little to no chance that Jake is going to be bungee jumping periodically (he may never do it again if he is that terrified) Vienna being there for him in that context may not be needed. On previous seasons we have seen women being there as emotional support to the bach/ette in a few instances that I don't recall Vienna doing on this season so far. On the other hand, Jake "treating her like a princess" (if that means catering to her every whim and fancy and, letting her have her way about every little thing) could and possibly would be a daily or weekly occurence if Vienna is even 25-50% the way she has been portrayed/edited on this show. There is a huge "gulf" of a difference here, Jake may well have more on his plate than he anticipated in real life if that's the case.JMO!

Didnt Vienna family member said that out of the 5 car wreck only one Vienna was responsible for the othe 4 was not her fault?
    We are seeing a character on tv we do not know who or what pressure she can stand and by the looks of things when Ali was attacking at the RC she listen but said nothing that takes guts if you ask me. I dont want to get ban else i would say more let me slink back in to lurking.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3818394;
    You are on the money. I am wondering if they are now thinking that they let their edit and spin get a little too out of control? Is that why we are hearing Chris Harrison going in behind and really trying to patch up behind them - Chris Harrison who is also an employee of the same bunch who overly trashed her to begin with?

The outside stuff, of course, is bad, but the edit has been ridiculous. We were shown this girl who basically had the "loose lips that could sink the ship". She talked way too much about herself and her date with Jake. She didn't think of what it was going to sound like before she said it, and she talked behind others' backs ( I guess worse than they did behind hers...).
    As I have told kids over the years, "What goes on in your head, does not necessarily need to come out of your mouth."
    Whatever she was thinking came out of her mouth, unfiltered, and with a lack of diplomacy.
    However, she was not mean spirited, cruel, conniving, or devious.
    Her mouth was her problem, and granted it was a problem. However, she was not Attila the Hun by any stretch.

Now what did the edit try in a quick and stupid move to do? In their ABC preview clips, they tried to make her into a sophisticated maneating vixen that had Jake wrapped around her claws.

In their zest and enthusiasm, somebody went way over the top, and now they have to go back and do some damage control.

On a lighter note, Chris Harrison is having to earn his money! In days of old his primary job was just to do his little shots on the show. Now he has to do all kinds of PR work, including damage control.
    She has been edited as being somewhat manipulative, "all in the name of love" as she put it. She didn't help herself by giving the PTB all that "gold" on film to use the way they fancied.

In this economy, even CH has to earn his paycheck. They probably didn't use other PR sources this time, got CH to do it instead.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3818682;
    She has been edited as being somewhat manipulative, "all in the name of love" as she put it. She didn't help herself by giving the PTB all that "gold" on film to use the way they fancied.

In this economy, even CH has to earn his paycheck. They probably didn't use other PR sources this time, got CH to do it instead.
    Still, when you compare Vienna to vixens like Trish or Kirsten, that showing in Ep. 5 was very weak.
    Her greatest flaw is speaking her immediate thoughts without considering possible ramifications.

I come from a military family, and although it is not very nice, I have heard the following many times: He/she let her mouth overload her a**. That is the way the guys in the military would view it.
    Probably, though, most of us have done that at least one time or the other ourselves.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3818705;
    Still, when you compare Vienna to vixens like Trish or Kirsten, that showing in Ep. 5 was very weak.
    Her greatest flaw is speaking her immediate thoughts without considering possible ramifications.
    I guess no one thought her to listen more and speak less as a child. The filter between the brain and the mouth is lacking. I wonder how it really went with Jake's family during "meet the parents" date. Maybe once Ali leaves she figured she was going to be the f1 and change her strategy..

I noticed something she did in a couple of episodes.....anytime she has an interaction that doesn't favor her, her facial expression goes blank, then within a few seconds you see her facial expressions as if she is trying to figure things out. Maybe it's the edit but it's rather odd.

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=brittyiswitty;3818674;]Didnt Vienna family member said that out of the 5 car wreck only one Vienna was responsible for the othe 4 was not her fault?

I am pretty sure that was a poster on this board posing a hypothetical...

FORT Fanatic

[QUOTE=kitten mittens;3818728;]
    Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3818674;
    Didnt Vienna family member said that out of the 5 car wreck only one Vienna was responsible for the othe 4 was not her fault?

I am pretty sure that was a poster on this board posing a hypothetical...
    No it was lisadawne who said it

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=brittyiswitty;3818731;]
    Quote Originally Posted by kitten mittens;3818728;

No it was lisadawne who said it
    You're right. I did not notice who posted it and from reading the post it does not come across as being a statement of fact. I guess I just interpreted it wrong within the conversation that was going on...

ETA: however, this doesn't negate the fact that what Vienna told Jessie (and/or the rest of the girls) about wrecking 5 cars and having her dad just write checks whenever she needs money...

I guess what I am saying is that if Vienna didn't want to come across as a spoiled, irresponsible person she shouldn't have shared the info in the first place, especially knowing she is on a reality tv show and it could/most likely would be taken in another context than what she meant...
    Last edited by kitten mittens; 02-04-2010 at 10:45 PM.