Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3816920;
    Corrie said in an interview that Vienna was the first girl she hugged bye. The show just edited that out!!!!!
    The same thing happened to Jeremy in DeAnna's season. They were editing him to be the one "on the outs" with all the rest of the guys in the Boys Club. When somebody (I think it was big Brian) left, they edited out Jeremy and Brian shaking hands. They were standing right next to each other, and were the first to shake hands. This came out in a post-season interview. It's all about the editing -- Jeremy and Brian being buds didn't fit their storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3816920;
    Corrie said in an interview that Vienna was the first girl she hugged bye. The show just edited that out!!!!!
    But why? If they want to increase her acceptibility heading into the HTDs? Why am I continually asking myself "Why?" with this whole edit.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Why with the whole edit?

Ratings = $$ and most viewers quit watching this show for a love story a long time ago. It is far more fun just to snark on everyone, get all worked up and discuss the show around the water cooler or at the park. This show is getting great ratings and there is nothing at all interesting about any of it Go figure ....
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3817748;
    But why? If they want to increase her acceptibility heading into the HTDs? Why am I continually asking myself "Why?" with this whole edit.

Thats just it, they don't. They want drama. Really there have been people saying they know V from H.S. and say she is not a bad person at all. There also have been people on the show that say the same. I think most of the posters (me included) get caught up in the positive and negative that people post. I do think V is on the Immature side but with that being said that does not make her a mean, vicious or a whore. All those comments about her ex...remember we have only heard one side. Her step mother explained the money (apparently V's dad gave them 2k to move and another 2k for a place to stay etc). The ex had a different account with over 5k in it that V left. I think anyone that goes on this show is nuts...really the things people say about people and quite a few are lies...it is sad really...its suppose to be a love story and all the public seems to do is to turn it around to a hate story.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3817852;
    Thats just it, they don't. They want drama. Really there have been people saying they know V from H.S. and say she is not a bad person at all. There also have been people on the show that say the same. I think most of the posters (me included) get caught up in the positive and negative that people post. I do think V is on the Immature side but with that being said that does not make her a mean, vicious or a whore. All those comments about her ex...remember we have only heard one side. Her step mother explained the money (apparently V's dad gave them 2k to move and another 2k for a place to stay etc). The ex had a different account with over 5k in it that V left. I think anyone that goes on this show is nuts...really the things people say about people and quite a few are lies...it is sad really...its suppose to be a love story and all the public seems to do is to turn it around to a hate story.
    So if Vienna father gave them 4000 and the other account Vienna left behind then she took what her father gave them no crime in that? She left behind the 5000 I see nothing wrong her father work for the money he gave them. What is the world coming to, I feel sorry for her.
    Last edited by brittyiswitty; 02-04-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3817888;
    So if Vienna father gave them 4000 and the other account Vienna left behind then she took what her father them no crime in that? She left behind the 5000 I see nothing wrong her father work for the money he gave them. What is the world coming to, I feel sorry for her.
    Go over the to the new contract thread, you want to talk negotiations....I don't see how anyone signs up for this reading what they can and can't do for you..
    thatsaaalotaawords...

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3817852;
    I agree with your post, and particularly the bolded. If a love story actually happens on this show it's in spite of it, not because of it. Jillian and Ed are fast becoming my favorites and I give them all the respect in the world for making it this far, and for seeming to be very happy together. It's like a trial by fire, right off the bat. How many normal relationships could survive this kind of stuff this early? Not many.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3817748;
    They do not want to show the "good" side of Vienna in the edit; therefore, we don't see included the screencaps where she has her arms intertwined with the other girls. We don't see where Corrie hugged her first on the way out, and we don't see where Vienna cooked or painted other girls' toenails.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3817922;
    They do not want to show the "good" side of Vienna in the edit; therefore, we don't see included the screencaps where she has her arms intertwined with the other girls. We don't see where Corrie hugged her first on the way out, and we don't see where Vienna cooked or painted other girls' toenails.

It keeps the boards hopping and hence people watching the next show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3817922;
    Do you think it's possible that TPTB have viewing parties where a group of random people come in a views the episode before it airs then based on their responses to girls is edited one way or another. I could see something like that going on. It's crazy how Ali's edit changed from episode 2 to 3.