Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Interesting isn't it that after 18 seasons they still manage to entice/sucker even some intelligent women to come on the show. What are the dangling in front of them that they are end up on the show? Are they willing, able and ready to take the "EDIT" however it turns out for just a few trips and fantasy time on the show?
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-03-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3816600;
    Interesting isn't it that after 18 seasons they still manage to entice/sucker even some intelligent women to come on the show. What are the dangling in front of them that they are end up on the show? Are they willing, able and ready to take the "EDIT" however it turns out for just a few trips and fantasy time on the show?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they dangle a large sum of money.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3816606;
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they dangle a large sum of money.
    Not everyone gets mucho bucks it's just f4 isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3816609;
    Not everyone gets mucho bucks it's just f4 isn't it?
    I have NO CLUE. I would think they all get paid something. I'm sure the F4, F3, F2, and F1 get paid well and it increases the higher up the food chain you get.

Maybe Ali left because what she got paid for at F4 was good enough for her and she really didn't like Jake and he really didn't like her.

FORT Fogey

I have a different take on the Ali/Vienna scenario. Vienna's edit shows a self-absorbed immature women. Gia tried to draw her attention to her behavior that was ticking the other women off with her comments. Shooting one's mouth off in the name of honesty with women she barely met is not a smart choice. When they try to clue her in on it she stomps off calling them a fake and ****** (much like a little children tantrum when they don't get their way).

I think Gia and Ali were the two people who really cared enough to CLUE her in about her behavior with their comments and Vienna should thank them for it. (Gia) "You are calling me a fake when I am the only one who is trying to be your friend". Vienna being insecure and somewhat obsessed with Jake early on didn't want to hear it. Ali, when she asked Vienna to tell her to her face what she had to say was also challenging her to grow up. Elizabeth "you should use your time wisely with Jake" comment as true as it was didnt' sit well with Vienna. For someone who has been catered to every whim often don't like to be told they need to address something in their behavior. Why would they want to rock the boat when they get their way,are "treated like princesses"? They want the world to change for them. They don't want to hear "NO" in any form.

How would Vienna handled had Jake taken her to f1 and not proposed to her?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3816610;
    I have NO CLUE. I would think they all get paid something. I'm sure the F4, F3, F2, and F1 get paid well and it increases the higher up the food chain you get.

Maybe Ali left because what she got paid for at F4 was good enough for her and she really didn't like Jake and he really didn't like her.
    I see it as Ali who was excited on her first 1-1 date about Jake and the first half of her 1-1 date went "whatever rocks your world, dude" once Jake defended Vienna's "virtues" to Ali. She checked out right then and there and you could see the sparkle in her eyes go out. She told Jake (summary) do what you want, I'm okay with it. I am done with this stuff with Vienna and you (implied). At least that's the way I saw it and that was the beginning of her exit from the show. She got a free trip back home courtesy of the network. She was smart to walk out on her own when she knew he wasn't going to pick her. She "turned the tables" on Jake, that's her edit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3816300;
    My thoughts too...Ali got to see her family and hometown on ABC's dime. Smart woman, good on her ....her supposed fear of flying perhaps ended her proceeding further to keep her from a free trip to St. Lucia. I am thinking now that Bloomers was right all along that Ali was hired to go to the F4....being the reality show wannabe participant that we are just finding out about tonight. Her edited horrible personality and fights with Vienna, I am guessing were part of her script, and I doubt she is like that in real life. I truly hope not. JMHO of course. Thanks
    Karey
    Here's what I think:

We have now been told by RS that Ali has applied to other reality tv shows. I stated much earlier on that it looked like she was very possibly cast to be the Graham of the season. She actually came out of the limo the same as she was edited which is #3 - Graham's same number. Her edit mirrors his in that she gets the very first date - it is obvious that Jake is very attracted to Ali just as it was obvious that DeAnna was very attracted to Graham - and like Graham, Ali is going to leave after the Hometown Date. Like Graham, until she leaves, although we see others rising in the storyline, she is still the frontrunner. However, both she and Graham will leave the show as F4.

Although she does absolutely - no doubt - get caught up emotionally in all of it, nevertheless, I have to highly suspect that Ali was deliberately CAST as F4 to leave precisely when she does for the storyline.

**If so and this is true, then it is also true that she took off of work for a specified time ( to correlate with the F4 departure) and has to be back at work at a given time. Thus, it would be true that she "has to leave for work purposes."

Tenley has F2 written all over her, but I don't think she had any idea of that. Jake may have know from the word go that Tenley was still too new and raw to be the final one, but that is speculation. However, she starts out at the Meet and Greet with F2 qualities: Molly's list, including the part about being a good kisser which sets the stage for the physical attraction.
    Also, as an aside, did anyone else notice on Jake's blog that like Molly F2 Tenley did not like the "different" food at China Town? If you remember, Molly wanted only fast foods, and Jason talked about getting her to try other kinds of foods.

What I think about Vienna may surprise you, may have you saying, "No way," or may have you saying, "I never thought of that, but maybe...."

I have to set the stage a bit, so bear with me....

Ella? Remember the single Mom? Ella comes out of the limo in the same spot as many F4s. I am thinking that Ella was possibly meant to go into the final 4 and when Ali left move up somewhere, but Jason just simply did not SEE it with her.
    He told Chris in an interview recently he just didn't see Ella as his wife.

Now, Vienna.......
    Vienna and Ella had the same episode date - episode 3. This is the date that usually single parents and often the people who are going to be humiliatingly cut have. I am thinking that Vienna was cast to be the season's main DRAMA QUEEN like Robin or Marshana.
    I am even thinking that when they heard her say that she was afraid of heights, they put her on that date hoping for great drama from her - she would freak out! Maybe even they could get her humiliately cut on the BRIDGE to NOWHERE.
    The problem was that not only did she not freak out, but she got Jake through it, and Jake adhered to her.

Fast Forward.....I am thinking perhaps that since he didn't cut Vienna on that date, she was supposed to maybe go on the 2-1 and be cut as we have seen happen with Holly, but Jake didn't want it. Maybe he was supposed to cut her on that 4th RC when he struggled so badly over that last name.
    Jake simply wanted Vienna.

I think Vienna was always intended by the producers to be the drama person for the season as opposed to one of the F4. When Ella was cut ( as Jake was cut), Vienna moved into the bottom slot which is why you heard her name called LAST so much. The producers decide the order, and they saw Vienna finally as F4, and F4s are generally called last most of the time.
    I think some of this plays into RS's statement that Jake told Ali not to worry about Vienna ( implying she'd be gone) as well as sdl's source's remark that Jake said he would do something, but then he didn't.
    We also hear from Jake that we won't understand some of his decisions.

DeAnna said her original intention was (and the producers always knew this) :Graham F1, Jeremy F2, Jesse F3, and Jason F4.
    After Graham left, for some reason she scrambled the order up, or maybe she chose who she wanted for the final 1, and they chose what the other final places were going to be.
    That would make sense especially if they had their eye on Jason as the single dad for the next Bachelor. They would make him F2 for the maximum exposure.

Back to the point here...How does Vienna get to F1? This is purely speculation...
    Jake has said that Gia is gorgeous. Surely he has asked her about past relationships and what she does for a living. Maybe he decides that Gia is just out of his league? Therefore, he goes with what he is more comfortable.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3816770;
    Back to the point here...How does Vienna get to F1? This is purely speculation...
    Jake has said that Gia is gorgeous. Surely he has asked her about past relationships and what she does for a living. Maybe he decides that Gia is just out of his league? Therefore, he goes with what he is more comfortable.
    She doesn't IMHO
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3816047;
    So, no, I don't think Vienna's terrible. I think she's deliberate, not as stoopid as we think, manipulative, and needs a class on getting along with women, but I also think she's got her game on. If this were Bachelorette Survivor, she'd win - she's outwitting and outplaying, and looks like she's outlasting. And the reason they're doing this? This is the only story they've got. When you only have deuces and treys, that's all you can play.
    Good point! With all of my questioning, you've made things very clear for me! I think she knows exactly what she's doing, and I also think she's known from early on what her fate would be. Is he really looking at her as a future wife? Only the two of them know. He may be acting this as much as she is - when he realized there was no one there he wanted to fall in love with.

Bloomers - your post was so interesting and easy to follow! "Jake simply wanted Vienna" --- maybe that explains everything we're hearing about TPTB being upset with him and giving him - and Vienna - the edit they are. He simply "bucked the system"? It made it easy for me to see how things compare with previous seasons. I'll have to pay more attention to that in the future. Did DeAnna ever say how SOON she knew her order? Of course, I was one of the ones who wanted Graham. I just couldn't see Jesse at all!

I still think Vienna is playing the game to win. IDK, maybe they really are another Jillian and Ed. Maybe Jake really fell for her right away. I don't for a minute believe "he put the brakes on" with her as he has said. I think it's more that we're not seeing the scenes that would reveal more. Who knows?

The fact that he's not acting IN LOVE on the talk show circuit is still very telling to me.