Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1;3816477;
    Her parents are divorced. Her mother remarried and that is the she wants to have the same type of relationship her mother has with her step-father, because they are so in love.
    Everyone has a right to dream. IF Jake at some point decides to walk away from her will she let him? Will her dad step in and make sure that his girl who is to be "treated like a princess every day" gets what she wants and that's Jake. Hope he never has to deal with that! Why does it sound like a story from a movie I've seen before?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3816495;
    It's also called Borderline Personality Disorder. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I've met a few people who personified that diagnosis, and you have my sympathies. I can only imagine it would be even more painful watching your child having to deal with that in a spouse.

This is what I saw with Vienna as well, it is something beyond mere narcissism. It's too calculated and too tailored to be mere hurt feelings etc.
    Noticed that at the 2-1 date when he walked away with Gia. Didn't seem PTB needed to instigate much with her, she was already talking about how to go get him away from Gia. Didn't seem like someone who came to see if she could find love, more like he was her man and it was going to be them in the end. That's the edit we were given of her, someone obsessing about him.

Don't they give personality tests to the contestants before they are signed on?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3816505;
    Noticed that at the 2-1 date when he walked away with Gia. Didn't seem PTB needed to instigate much with her, she was already talking about how to go get him away from Gia. Didn't seem like someone who came to see if she could find love, more like he was her man and it was going to be them in the end. That's the edit we were given of her, someone obsessing about him.

Don't they give personality tests to the contestants before they are signed on?
    I don't think so, and those tests aren't to diagnose personality disorders. For the most part we're all a nice little balance of quite a few of these disorders :-D Reading the DSM can kinda freak you out a bit. But that particular edit I think showed a little of what the girls were talking about, right after the date. Her attitude towards Jake and her talking about him and whatever went on between them ad nauseum. She really couldn't see that the others might feel pain from her revelations in the same way she did from all her spying.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3816491;
    Daughter In Law
    oh, that makes sense.... all i could think of was distant in law!!
    thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3816436;
    So sorry you had to deal with that from a former DIL!
    On TV tonight they did say that Vienna ( true or not, who knows) may have swiped thousands from her ex while he was deployed and bought breast implants, and cheated on the guy.
    If her eyes tell all, I can say this much for sure; Most of her tears have been faked.
    Thanks, just trying to understand youth today...migraine much!! Well the DIL stole $21,000 not just from son but 15 month old daughter. Worries me for the future.. And this is reality TV at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3816438;
    Hi and welcome.

Good point about there being no edit.
    again thank you... I have admired all of you for your insight and abilities in ferreting out the most minute of details. Hats off to all you super sluethes.
    I deal with people on a daily basis. Waitress...my job to read people...eyes are most definitely the mirror to the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3816070;
    I'm with you as well Sweetpea. I've wanted to respond to any number of yours posts but I just don't have the time I'd like to have to respond to some of the really great posts I read on here. I think Vienna is young and certainly has her faults, but I think she's a good girl. And I even think she's really beautiful. Her smile completely lights up the room and her eyes are full of sparkle and life. Her hairdo last night was not good however, and her make-up is not always the best, but she does have a really beautiful smile!
    Vienna does have a beautiful smile, and a classic beauty. On reviewing the tape of Monday's show, I noticed that Gia winked at Vienna, when Jake was taking her for one on one time at the Rose Ceremony. He took her to see the room where he was staying, and the night time views of the city. Jillian took Ed to her room during her season, and I think that this was an indication that Vienna is the final one. Also, Gia is kind and supportive of Vienna. That is nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized;3816538;
    Vienna does have a beautiful smile, and a classic beauty. On reviewing the tape of Monday's show, I noticed that Gia winked at Vienna, when Jake was taking her for one on one time at the Rose Ceremony. He took her to see the room where he was staying, and the night time views of the city. Jillian took Ed to her room during her season, and I think that this was an indication that Vienna is the final one. Also, Gia is kind and supportive of Vienna. That is nice to see.
    Thanks Specialized. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Vienna has a beautiful smile.

I missed the wink you mention Gia gave Vienna. I'll definately take a look for that. Thanks!

Just wanted to point out a couple of things I noticed that show Vienna in a little different light than we've typically been shown.

She has a warm regard for Gia as we heard her say in a VO, I think, while reflecting back on her 2:1 with Gia and Jake. She commented that 'as much as she loves Gia, she doesn't think Gia is right for Jake' - loosely quoted.
    She also commented on how beautiful Gia is and her intelligence and said something along the lines of 'what guy wouldn't want to be with her'.

So Vienna clearly knows she has competition and I doubt she feels Gia is the only competition she had. In fact she also said at the cocktail party that she felt anyone could go home that night. It certainly sounded as though she included herself in that statement.

Jake said he pulled back from Vienna because of the comments from the other girls and Vienna on a number of occasions expressed doubt as to what Jake was feeling towards her. She's not in a bubble thinking she's got him all wrapped up.

I also noticed that when Tenley got her date card Vienna seemed to be the one MOST sharing in Tenley's excitement! She had a broad smile and even used a pillow to fan Tenley down when Tenley started to feel nervous about it.

I also think that Vienna and Ali buried the hatchet so to speak - at least to the extent they could given the nastiness of their rivalry. There were a number of indications of this, I can't recall each incident, and I wouldn't go so far as to say they are friends but during the rolling of the credits from Monday's show while the girls were singing on the couch, everyone was involved and laughing histerically and singing, but the edit only showed 4 of the women - leaving Vienna out. At one point all four were in view on the couch and in a chair to the left of the couch. I believe Vienna was in a chair off to the right of the couch which the camera didn't capture, but Ali - sitting at that end of the couch was looking at someone who was sitting there and she was laughing with her. So it looked to me as though all 5 girls were in on the fun and having a good time but Vienna was deliberately edited out of the scene.

Just a few oberservations that came to mind.

I did some fact checking on my post above and some of my recollections aren't quite pristine .

I'll post an update later that is more accurate.