Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3816007;
    I've been on FORT for a long time, through many Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, and I honestly don't remember a contestant being as universally despised as Vienna, not even Ed! I just don't see the basis for all the "most-hated" attributes...like the contestants who have given interviews after they left, I see Vienna as immature and probably annoying as heck, but not as despicable as others seem to see her. I wonder what it is about her, and the edit of her, or this show, or Jake, or the way the entire storyline is being edited, that is causing this?

Am I all alone here in thinking she's not really as bad as all that? I truly don't get it.
    You are not alone! I do not understand all the Vienna hate here, or anywhere. She is perhaps a bit misguided....a bit immature, but she has not been edited to be any of the despicable things she is being called here....right down to be labelled a sociopath!

I see some actual chemistry between Jaenna...more then with any of the other women. Maybe I just am favouring the underdog, but I hate to see anyone beaten down unfairly as she has been here. Vienna has never been edited as being mean spirited, or anything even close. The woman who appeared the most jealous of her, being Ali,...now there is a woman who has been edited to be a total b*tch...horrible to Vienna, making her cry, ridiculing her, mean spirited, just plain foul and ugly. Now Ali is probably getting the closest edit to DeAnna that any woman has gotten, but Ali's is far worse.....just foul and ugly and even DeAnna did not rag on Jade and Hilliary,( 2 totally ugly women) to Brad....yet Ali has shown such an horrible, b*tchy, controlling, and ugly spirit....yet some here are reverring this woman!!! I do not understand....Ali does not deserve any one's reverence. JMHO of course. BTW...I actually like Gia best...just not her voice...and I wonder when OK, or People or Us or some mag is going to publish her explicit videos/pics. Anyway Vienna...the underdog....I am on her side, as are all of my nonspoiled friends, who are hating on Ali the Queen of Mean big time. Thanks
    Karey PS...I don't believe Ali in real life, is as big a witch as they are portraying here. Editing!!!
    Last edited by KareyR2; 02-02-2010 at 11:15 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3816066;
    I agree. Did she stay for a free visit home and then leave the show after she was able to see her Mom?
    My thoughts too...Ali got to see her family and hometown on ABC's dime. Smart woman, good on her ....her supposed fear of flying perhaps ended her proceeding further to keep her from a free trip to St. Lucia. I am thinking now that Bloomers was right all along that Ali was hired to go to the F4....being the reality show wannabe participant that we are just finding out about tonight. Her edited horrible personality and fights with Vienna, I am guessing were part of her script, and I doubt she is like that in real life. I truly hope not. JMHO of course. Thanks
    Karey

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies, everyone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3815729;
    I thought men liked the chase? Where are sdl and the other male posters here? I'd like to get their take on this.

ETA: I thought men liked "to do" the chasing - not the other way around. (I've been married too long!)
    I think a man who preferred to do the chasing would not be so eager to put himself in a situation where he has 25 women fawning all over him and competing for him. Maybe he felt like he did the chasing on The Bach'ette, and now it's his turn to be on the receiving end of all the attention. The winner of the "fawning contest" so far is Vienna, or at least that's the edit we're seeing. Bottom line is on this show, the star of the show is getting major ego stroking by being the sought-after prize of 25-30 attractive members of the opposite sex.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3815913;
    Quick question, you know the PIs when Vienna talks and it's that pink background. She has MANY PIs, talked about riding in the RVs, talked about San Fran (never been to a big city?? sure....). where is that PI taken at?
    Looks like they took her VO from her first time in LA (never been to a big city before) and stuck it in there in SF. All about editing. Imagine how many sound bites got chopped, dissected, spun and then strung together to produce the audio for this show.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3815836;
    I hope you also noticed that V wanted to take the conversation with Tenley and Gia - elsewhere - excluding Ali completely - and Ali countered with ''say it in front of me'' - so V standing her ground was a joke - she was as condescending as all git out to Ali.................maturity and class?!?!? I think not!
    I thought this whole part was interesting because we have seen and been told that Vienna easily speaks her mind; but suddenly she didn't want to. It struck me as slightly bizarre/out-of-character for her.

Also, I have to agree with whoever it was that brought up Vienna's immature idea of marriage and what it should be. I am sure that we just saw part of that conversation; but, she does realize that it's not all fun and excitement, right?

Also, I can kind of see TPTB curbing Vienna's edit so that she won't be a huge F1 surprise. Although the editing, overall, is still confusing to me.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Wow, sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same show (meant in the most respectful way). How can Ali get skewered for (possibly) being hired to be on the show when there were claims Jake was hired too? Yet there are people here who think the best of him and have said he's better than they thought he would be (not including myself here-LOL!)

If anyone, I would think Vienna would be the paid Bachelorette. How hard would it be for anyone to come on a show and be a spoof of themselves -- a me, me, me version of who they really are?? Seems much easier to pull off to me. Wasn't the 'hired' bachelorette supposed to have a sob story? How 'sad' is Ali's?? Not very much to me -- it seems fairly typical (sad as that might be) and we barely saw her telling her story-- all we got was a snippet of it in her intro; not her conversation with Jake about it (if they even had one.) Yet we saw both Vienna and Tenley in tears...so, to me, that would imply that either of them was the hired girl. And if it was Tenley, then give that girl an Oscar! Which brings us back to Vienna.

I don't care for the edited version of Vienna. I shudder to think what the camera would've captured if I'd been stuck in a house with her...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3816252;
    You are not alone! I do not understand all the Vienna hate here, or anywhere. She is perhaps a bit misguided....a bit immature, but she has not been edited to be any of the despicable things she is being called here....right down to be labelled a sociopath!

I see some actual chemistry between Jaenna...more then with any of the other women. Maybe I just am favouring the underdog, but I hate to see anyone beaten down unfairly as she has been here. Vienna has never been edited as being mean spirited, or anything even close. The woman who appeared the most jealous of her, being Ali,...now there is a woman who has been edited to be a total b*tch...horrible to Vienna, making her cry, ridiculing her, mean spirited, just plain foul and ugly. Now Ali is probably getting the closest edit to DeAnna that any woman has gotten, but Ali's is far worse.....just foul and ugly and even DeAnna did not rag on Jade and Hilliary,( 2 totally ugly women) to Brad....yet Ali has shown such an horrible, b*tchy, controlling, and ugly spirit....yet some here are reverring this woman!!! I do not understand....Ali does not deserve any one's reverence. JMHO of course. BTW...I actually like Gia best...just not her voice...and I wonder when OK, or People or Us or some mag is going to publish her explicit videos/pics. Anyway Vienna...the underdog....I am on her side, as are all of my nonspoiled friends, who are hating on Ali the Queen of Mean big time. Thanks
    Karey PS...I don't believe Ali in real life, is as big a witch as they are portraying here. Editing!!!
    Some of us see Ali as the one being unfairly attacked, reviled, beaten to a bloody pulp, while Vienna is excused for everything she ever does. It's not so much a let's revile Vienna thing as it is a "what's with the double standards?" Vienna has upset and abused other women to their faces and behind their backs, she has caused tears and hurt feelings when she is excused for all of this behavior due to her "youth", and Ali is reviled due to her edit (and that's what it was til her understandable outburst last week.)

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;3816300;
    My thoughts too...Ali got to see her family and hometown on ABC's dime. Smart woman, good on her ....her supposed fear of flying perhaps ended her proceeding further to keep her from a free trip to St. Lucia. I am thinking now that Bloomers was right all along that Ali was hired to go to the F4....being the reality show wannabe participant that we are just finding out about tonight. Her edited horrible personality and fights with Vienna, I am guessing were part of her script, and I doubt she is like that in real life. I truly hope not. JMHO of course. Thanks
    Karey
    Right but how did Ali get to her hometown from San Fran? I'm assuming they flew. I'm utterly convinced that Ali's storyline was scripted from the get-go including stirring up a war with Vienna.

Her leaving has nothing to do with flying regardless of what we're shown or told.

Did anyone hear in the beginning of last night's show Ali say "I do not think I want kids."? I thought I heard that but it all seems to go by quickly when you try to concentrate.