Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3815932;
    I thought it was funny last night when Corrie was saying goodbye to the girls, Vienna was standing right next to her and she went right on by Vienna to hug Tenley and Ali. I really believe they don't like this girl.
    No, Corrie did give Vienna a hug. She simply walked over to the farthest girl to begin hugging each girl in turn. The edit kept the camera on the girls while Corrie hugged Tenley and Ali and then it panned to Jake while she hugged Vienna - so the audience wouldn't see it, and then back to the girls as Corrie was hugging Gia.

When Corrie left the room all the girls, including Vienna, were waving good-bye to her with sad looks on their faces. If Corrie had snubbed Vienna that way Vienna would not have waved to her. She would have stood there looking hurt holding her rose. And, Corrie has far too much class to snub someone that way. And to do it in front of Jake and camera - no way.

Also, it was Corrie who grabbed Vienna and brought her back to the couch not wanting Vienna to go off hurt when she realized the joke she pulled while reading the date card for Gia and Vienna caused pain for both Ali and Vienna.

The editing is throwing Vienna under the bus. Never more clear than this particular edit job.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3815116;
    The other was Ali....... She told him she wouldn't rush into something, her work was important. His defense of Vienna during their 1-1 date combined with her belief that she wasn't the one for him if he was also interested in Vienna sealed the deal for her. You could see the resolve in her eyes at the end of the RC. She was leaving next week. whether work came calling or not she may have decided he wasn't worth all that to give up her life.
    I completely 100% agree and posted as much. She was done, and very noticeably so.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3816057;
    I completely 100% agree and posted as much. She was done, and very noticeably so.
    I agree. Did she stay for a free visit home and then leave the show after she was able to see her Mom?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3816007;
    I've been on FORT for a long time, through many Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, and I honestly don't remember a contestant being as universally despised as Vienna, not even Ed! I just don't see the basis for all the "most-hated" attributes...like the contestants who have given interviews after they left, I see Vienna as immature and probably annoying as heck, but not as despicable as others seem to see her. I wonder what it is about her, and the edit of her, or this show, or Jake, or the way the entire storyline is being edited, that is causing this?

Am I all alone here in thinking she's not really as bad as all that? I truly don't get it.
    I'm with you as well Sweetpea. I've wanted to respond to any number of yours posts but I just don't have the time I'd like to have to respond to some of the really great posts I read on here. I think Vienna is young and certainly has her faults, but I think she's a good girl. And I even think she's really beautiful. Her smile completely lights up the room and her eyes are full of sparkle and life. Her hairdo last night was not good however, and her make-up is not always the best, but she does have a really beautiful smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3816066;
    I agree. Did she stay for a free visit home and then leave the show after she was able to see her Mom?
    I think the little birdies likely convinced her to stay, that she would no longer have to be around Vienna and that during the HTD things would get more serious and show her exactly where Jake stands. I think she would have bowed out last night if not for some sort of [albeit possibly minor] intervention. Even if you look at her body language just prior to the Rc, all slumped down in the couch. At first I thought she had just had too much to drink. But she looked seriously down and seriously done.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that the end for her was last night. Whether you think she was in the right or wrong in regards to Vienna, Jake's defense of Vienna during their 1:1 date sealed the deal imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3816093;
    I think the little birdies likely convinced her to stay, that she would no longer have to be around Vienna and that during the HTD things would get more serious and show her exactly where Jake stands. I think she would have bowed out last night if not for some sort of [albeit possibly minor] intervention. Even if you look at her body language just prior to the Rc, all slumped down in the couch. At first I thought she had just had too much to drink. But she looked seriously down and seriously done.

I'd bet my bottom dollar that the end for her was last night. Whether you think she was in the right or wrong in regards to Vienna, Jake's defense of Vienna during their 1:1 date sealed the deal imo.
    Perhaps so. I read a re-cap and was really shocked how that went about.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3816040;
    I dont "hate" her or any of the girls on this show because I dont even know them but Vienna annoys the hell out of me for a couple of reasons.

1) The baby talk every episode
    2) The fact that she thinks she's a princess and that she seems like she gets everything she wants
    3) She is so incredibly self absorbed and doest think before she talks like last night when her and Gia were in the limo she said "Oh well Jake and I have the best relationship" not even thinking for a second that she might have hurt Gia's feelings.
    4) She seems so incredibly fake like she has two personalities she acts one way with the girls and she is totally different when she is with Jake.
    5) She is incredibly Immature

This is all JM2c of why I cant stand her
    My recollection is that Vienna said that she and Jake have a really STRONG relationship - not 'the BEST relationship' and that was why it was going to be difficult to be on a 2 on 1. This was in response to Gia saying that she was uncomfortable being on a 2:1.

I do agree it was insenstive. This is definatley one of Vienna's faults. I think this will be a learning experience for Vienna as she may have never really seen herself before in the light that she's being shown on TV. Even if the edit is unfair I think there are things she will learn from this. Whether she will try to change some of that, who knows.

I also noted that Vienna said 'as much as I love Gia' she didn't think Gia was the right girl for Jake. She also commented that Gia was beautiful and smart and something else I think and that 'who wouldn't want to be with her' - or something like that. I'd have to check it out again to get it exactly but it showed she has a high opinion of Gia and recognizes that Gia might turn Jake's head a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3816007;
    I've been on FORT for a long time, through many Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, and I honestly don't remember a contestant being as universally despised as Vienna, not even Ed! I just don't see the basis for all the "most-hated" attributes...like the contestants who have given interviews after they left, I see Vienna as immature and probably annoying as heck, but not as despicable as others seem to see her. I wonder what it is about her, and the edit of her, or this show, or Jake, or the way the entire storyline is being edited, that is causing this?

Am I all alone here in thinking she's not really as bad as all that? I truly don't get it.
    The producers did their job very, very well and provided an edit that has been bought hook line and sinker.. Vienna wasn't as hated in the house as the edit says. Corrie in her tv interview said she like Vienna and got along well with her. That her skit at the comedy club was a joke and she told Vienna about it..

It's not entirely the edit. She's been openly pouty, insecure, immature and manipulative. These are not attractive qualities, whether you are living with the person or watching them on television. Honestly, given what Jake would have us believe about himself, I have no idea how she got herself into the pool of women they selected for him.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3816147;
    The producers did their job very, very well and provided an edit that has been bought hook line and sinker.. Vienna wasn't as hated in the house as the edit says. Corrie in her tv interview said she like Vienna and got along well with her. That her skit at the comedy club was a joke and she told Vienna about it..
    I don't think everyone hated her. Hate is a pretty strong word. But the girl only has one oar in the water when it comes to social insight or judgement. She's craste. If she were *just* immature I think people might cut her some slack, but my 13 year old daughter has better judgement and foresight. It's kind of sad really, it's as though she's contantly outsourcing her self-esteem. I doubt that Vienna is 100% her edit, everyone has some redeeming quailties [though they may not be redeeming to everyone]. However, she certainly is some of her edit, through and through.... and she just rubs people the wrong way - and understandably so. Some of the things I saw just last night had me going "Did she seriously just say/do that?", I watch Vienna with something akin to disbelief. And this is stuff I'm seeing with my own eyes, not spliced and diced.