Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3815965;
    I bet Corrie did hug her and it was taken out. Corrie is too kind hearted.
    exactly, atem

I've been on FORT for a long time, through many Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, and I honestly don't remember a contestant being as universally despised as Vienna, not even Ed! I just don't see the basis for all the "most-hated" attributes...like the contestants who have given interviews after they left, I see Vienna as immature and probably annoying as heck, but not as despicable as others seem to see her. I wonder what it is about her, and the edit of her, or this show, or Jake, or the way the entire storyline is being edited, that is causing this?

Am I all alone here in thinking she's not really as bad as all that? I truly don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3816007;
    I've been on FORT for a long time, through many Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons, and I honestly don't remember a contestant being as universally despised as Vienna, not even Ed! I just don't see the basis for all the "most-hated" attributes...like the contestants who have given interviews after they left, I see Vienna as immature and probably annoying as heck, but not as despicable as others seem to see her. I wonder what it is about her, and the edit of her, or this show, or Jake, or the way the entire storyline is being edited, that is causing this?

Am I all alone here in thinking she's not really as bad as all that? I truly don't get it.
    I am with you Sweetpea. I really don't think she is as bad as she is portrayed. Young immature....yes. I am not a fan and I think *gasp* all the girls have faults but I don't think Vienna deserves all the hatred she has received. I am actually starting to feel bad for her. I am not a fan but I don't see the hatred either. She can't do anything right per many people here.

Definitely not alone! I don't get it either.

sweetpea,
    I'm in your corner. Though new to FORT, I'm well aware of the hachet job known as editing done by the show. Many do not trust the exit interviews as the departed are still under the show's monitoring, but none of the girls have truly bad-mouthed Vienna, which to me is just plain confusing. Chris has been the only one to actually make somewhat negative remarks about Vienna (Ellen). He's towing the company line; if the girls were also mandated to do the same, why would their exit interviews not reflect severe disdain.

Last night, I found it curious how quickly the Ali-Vienna conflict dissolved. Foremost, the real beef Ali seemed to have with Vienna was her "talking behind the girls' back," a habit in which all of the girls partook. I thought it interesting that while Ali was confronting V, she had her hand over her mouth and kept playing with her lips as if to stop from laughing. Truly, I think the "feud" was encouraged by Ali's handler. It makes little sense how simply both V and Ali ended up dropping it by show's end, both stating the same thing: it's Jake's decision.

The show wants the most shocking ending. To vilify Vienna and then to have her be the last one standing is shocking to the average viewer. Is that the long and short of it? No clue. The next 3 episodes will be rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3816026;
    Definitely not alone! I don't get it either.
    It may become apparent over the next week tho
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

BINGO! Thanks Sweet Pea- things are very nasty!!!!

I dont "hate" her or any of the girls on this show because I dont even know them but Vienna annoys the hell out of me for a couple of reasons.

1) The baby talk every episode
    2) The fact that she thinks she's a princess and that she seems like she gets everything she wants
    3) She is so incredibly self absorbed and doest think before she talks like last night when her and Gia were in the limo she said "Oh well Jake and I have the best relationship" not even thinking for a second that she might have hurt Gia's feelings.
    4) She seems so incredibly fake like she has two personalities she acts one way with the girls and she is totally different when she is with Jake.
    5) She is incredibly Immature

This is all JM2c of why I cant stand her
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Does anyone think we're being set up for a double rejection at the FRC? I know it's been done, but Vienna's PI's last night seemed to focus on her desperation for Jake as well as the devastation she'd feel if he did not give her a rose. I think she said that twice. We do have Tenley fretting as well, considering if Jake could be her husband but her lines more closely approximate Kip's from last season...lots of "maybe", "coulds".

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Thanks, sweetpea... a roundabout answer/comment to your question. Let's compare this season and last.

Didn't we say that Reid was much better for Jillian, that Ed was a three-timing d*bag? JED was destined, in some minds, to be a trainwreck. Sweet F3 gets together with video-crass Ed? Whaaat? But JED seems to be doing just fine, thank you very much. They are living together and partying more than working, if you believe all the photos of them together and mutually smitten. Looking back on it, Reid would not have been the best playah in this game - he was going to be *our* fantasy match, but not Jillian's.

And now, for this season: didn't we say that Jake lacked maturity [hello, why did you come back, crying-over-the-rail-boy?]? and didn't we say he was annoying in his perfection? If we're looking for a match for a cheesy, h*dog, somewhat(?) vain, little insecure, church-goin' but co-habitatin' dude, what better match than a almost-pretty, very vain, maybe desperate hanger-on? And her little dog, too? She's certainly not going to out-perfect him. But she will adore him until... well, your guess is as good as mine as to what happens IRL. But I'll bet a ride from your house to mine in LRSC that this little fairy tale will not have a matrimonial blissful ending....

So, no, I don't think Vienna's terrible. I think she's deliberate, not as stoopid as we think, manipulative, and needs a class on getting along with women, but I also think she's got her game on. If this were Bachelorette Survivor, she'd win - she's outwitting and outplaying, and looks like she's outlasting. And the reason they're doing this? This is the only story they've got. When you only have deuces and treys, that's all you can play.