Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3815718;
    I thought that was a strange choice of words, too. Why is it dirty? They probably both need therapy. Maybe he is really as childish and immature as she is, so they are a perfect match after all. Her baby-voiced description of marriage as two kids playing and having fun forever is pretty childish and immature, as well.
    Thanks, that's exactly it. If I was single at 31 (you're thirty-one, dude!) regardless of my sexual behavior (even if that behavior were a choice not to engage), I would feel very immature to refer to sexual attraction as "dirty."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3815729;
    I thought men liked the chase? Where are sdl and the other male posters here? I'd like to get their take on this.

ETA: I thought men liked "to do" the chasing - not the other way around. (I've been married too long!)
    Men typically do I think, but in Jake's case, I suspect his unease with women and lack of ability or success at reading them, probably makes him more comfortable in an environment where he is being pursued (no wonder he was chomping at the bit to be TB). Because of this, I think he is most likely to choose the one who pursues him the hardest (Vienna) and misinterpret this as love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3815705;
    Interesting that of the five women, the one most viewers consider the least attractive is the one Jake is having the dirty thoughts about. It makes me wonder if "Virtuous Jake" has a bit of a madonna/whore complex, and since Vienna looks and acts cheaper/easier than the others, he is reserving his naughty lust for her. Might also explain why he picked her, if he really got near the end and knew none of these women were the future Mrs. Pavelka anyway.
    I think you are right Ironcat. These types are the easiest kinds of women to discard as well when you are finished with them (unfortunately treated more like objects than people).

I still believe that his true F1 was Ali, but when she left and the show had to go on, he went a totally different route.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3815662;
    Agree. And her argument, when confronted by the other ladies in the house, that she's only telling the truth doesn't quite wash either. She speaks without a filter, and she really needs a filter. Her blatant 'truths' come off as disrespectful.
    Technically Ali could have used the very same arguments as well, she merely spoke the truth and everyone else has said the very same thing, so why is it okay for Vienna and not okay for Ali?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3815771;
    Technically Ali could have used the very same arguments as well, she merely spoke the truth and everyone else has said the very same thing, so why is it okay for Vienna and not okay for Ali?
    Maybe you misunderstood -- I probably didn't state my post clearly.

Not OK for Vienna to claim she's only telling the truth -- it's hurtful to the others the way she does it. She needs a filter. She needs to show respect to others. She can't just barrel ahead with her own agenda, oblivious to others around her that will be affected by her actions (mouth).

I always appreciate the truth, but it should be told respectfully.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3815777;
    Maybe you misunderstood -- I probably didn't state my post clearly.

Not OK for Vienna to claim she's only telling the truth -- it's hurtful to the others the way she does it. She needs a filter. She needs to show respect to others. She can't just barrel ahead with her own agenda, oblivious to others around her that will be affected by her actions (mouth).

I always appreciate the truth, but it should be told respectfully.
    Sorry, that wasn't directed at you

But it seems that in the general chatter out there, what's understood and excused in Vienna are the very things (at times in a milder form) for which Ali is ripped apart.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3815050;
    I agree. I have to hand it to TPTB for editing her to the point where a lot of people felt that she was lower than Satan. I saw a totally different Vienna tonight and I can see why Jake falls for her and picks her. She is totally into him.

I noticed in the beginning at the hotel when Ali tried to put Vienna on the spot about talking about her..it was Ali that quickly tried to down play the situation and really couldn't give a good explanation as to why she didn't like Vienna. And Vienna didn't run away crying she stood her ground and in a very polite way let Ali know she does the exact thing she is accusing her of doing. And when Ali apologize Vienna a wasn't a total biotch and said Sorry I don't believe you blah blah blah. Vienna showed a lot maturity and class.
    I hope you also noticed that V wanted to take the conversation with Tenley and Gia - elsewhere - excluding Ali completely - and Ali countered with ''say it in front of me'' - so V standing her ground was a joke - she was as condescending as all git out to Ali.................maturity and class?!?!? I think not!
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3815046;
    It only takes one person to open a door.

Vienna has a very idealized version of marriage.
    Right about the door - it usually is only ONE who answers it anyways - so no biggie
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3815836;
    I hope you also noticed that V wanted to take the conversation with Tenley and Gia - elsewhere - excluding Ali completely - and Ali countered with ''say it in front of me'' - so V standing her ground was a joke - she was as condescending as all git out to Ali.................maturity and class?!?!? I think not!
    I concur. That is a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesies;3815863;
    I concur. That is a good read.
    Heartily agree