Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3815539;
    They emotionally bonded on that horrible, horrible ( my not at all humble opinion)jump which should have given them both on the spot fox hole religion. Because she encourages him in what Chris Harrison said was a 30 minute psych up job needed to make the jump at all, he now sees her as strong and acknowledges that he needs someone else to be strong when he can't be.
    Whether you like her or not - which hasn't got squat to do with this particular point anyway -that is a tremendously powerful sentiment for a man.

In my more humble opinion, that is the biggest single attribute she has going for her. Yes, he thinks she is exciting, and yes he thinks she is honest and is there for him, but the fact that she can be strong ( and powerful) in those times when he can't ( thus, she is one ups him in something that is very important to him) makes her so impressive to him that she is going to the front of the line.
    ITA with this, and you notice last night he even said what he's looking for is a woman who always has his back. I thought that was pretty revealing in terms of pointing towards Vienna as his choice based on the bungee date, as well as an unusual requirement for a man to announce out loud. Given this, as well as Vienna declaring herself to have 100% fallen for him ... all the adoring google eyes she makes at him (did you see how she looked at him when he gave her the rose last night? blecch, made me want to ), the childlike whining about how she doesn't want to share him, which all adds up to a lot of ego-flattery which many men seem to need ... you can see why she is the frontrunner. No one else is chasing, adoring, and throwing herself at him as she is. Instead of being the mature, perceptive one, he is falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Good luck, Jake. She's the low-rent version of Erica the Princess from PLo's season.

I have to say that I was somewhat bothered by that "dirty thoughts" comment. I dunno....sort of childish and immature to consider sexual attraction "dirty," isn't it? Even if you are not going act on that attraction, it is really pretty normal to have thoughts about it in serious dating, isn't it? I would have rather he let it alone at just saying he thought she was sexy. I can't say I get his attraction to her, but hey, if he feels it, it's really pretty normal and reasonable -- after all, she has plopped herself in bed with him.

Maybe he was joking and I missed the joke?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jacks_mom;3815691;
    The comment that Jake has "dirty thoughts" of Vienna goes along with what sdl told us from his source about Jake being the horniest bachelor they've dealt with. Also keep in mind that sdl also told us that Jake says things he has no intention of doing - I wonder if that has already happened if it's still going to happen.
    Interesting that of the five women, the one most viewers consider the least attractive is the one Jake is having the dirty thoughts about. It makes me wonder if "Virtuous Jake" has a bit of a madonna/whore complex, and since Vienna looks and acts cheaper/easier than the others, he is reserving his naughty lust for her. Might also explain why he picked her, if he really got near the end and knew none of these women were the future Mrs. Pavelka anyway.

Fan of the Love Story

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3815701;
    I have to say that I was somewhat bothered by that "dirty thoughts" comment. I dunno....sort of childish and immature to consider sexual attraction "dirty," isn't it? Even if you are not going act on that attraction, it is really pretty normal to have thoughts about it in serious dating, isn't it? I would have rather he let it alone at just saying he thought she was sexy. I can't say I get his attraction to her, but hey, if he feels it, it's really pretty normal and reasonable -- after all, she has plopped herself in bed with him.

I think we can probably attribute that comment to his upbringing--Christian values in the south, Bible belt, sex before marriage="dirty", etc.
    "Don't make me come down there." ~God :nono

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3815643;
    Interesting, the whole "she is strong" angle Jake has on Vienna. I see her as bull in a china shop, push ahead no matter who gets hurt "strong". She is strong-willed, yes. She is willing to do almost anything for him "strong". However, in terms of basic self-discipline (a core requirement for true internal strength) hmmmmm not so much. She is young and she seems young and this edit isn't doin' her any favors.
    One thing I've picked up on in her edit is that when she is saying all of these things, she is usually doing it with a smile on her face. It just reminds me of the movies the kids watch where the mean girl will stab you in the back and smile the whole time. I think I would trust her more if her face was more sincere. (OK - I know I'm being picky, but that's what I think!). I can see her saying, "I don't care who I hurt - I'm going to win him!" And saying it with a smile. So can we trust the smile??

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3815203;
    well really, what else is he supposed to say?
    gia: i'm scared to fall
    jake: you should be, those other girls are stiff competition. i mean, vienna and i went bungee jumping and let's face it, you're no disney princess like tenley. i wouldn't take your odds in vegas

but you see my point - how else could he answer, other than in the affirmative?
    I thought the moment was really sweet. I think Jake is hugely attracted to Gia, knows she is out of his league, and just wants to enjoy her while he can. I really don't see any way these two would make it in RL.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3815701;

I thought that was a strange choice of words, too. Why is it dirty? They probably both need therapy. Maybe he is really as childish and immature as she is, so they are a perfect match after all. Her baby-voiced description of marriage as two kids playing and having fun forever is pretty childish and immature, as well.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3815328;
    My hubby and I were discussing that last night as well. They "hate" each other sooo much but there are many instances where I saw them sitting next to each other probably engaged in meaningless conversation.

Ali: so did you like bungee jumping?
    Vienna: OMG I love it I do it all the time
    Ali: really? when this show is over we should go sometime.
    Vienna: yeah Jake was no fun he just cried on my shoulder the whole time
    Hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgauntt1;3815706;
    I think we can probably attribute that comment to his upbringing--Christian values in the south, Bible belt, sex before marriage="dirty", etc.
    Yeah, I totally get that because, to be honest, that is my upbringing (I'm a Texan, too) and those are my values. What was not part of my upbringing and is not part of my values, however, is the idea that sexual attraction is dirty. I think it's just the use of the word "dirty" that is bothering me for some reason.....
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3815697;
    ITA with this, and you notice last night he even said what he's looking for is a woman who always has his back. I thought that was pretty revealing in terms of pointing towards Vienna as his choice based on the bungee date, as well as an unusual requirement for a man to announce out loud. Given this, as well as Vienna declaring herself to have 100% fallen for him ... all the adoring google eyes she makes at him (did you see how she looked at him when he gave her the rose last night? blecch, made me want to ), the childlike whining about how she doesn't want to share him, which all adds up to a lot of ego-flattery which many men seem to need ... you can see why she is the frontrunner. No one else is chasing, adoring, and throwing herself at him as she is. Instead of being the mature, perceptive one, he is falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Good luck, Jake. She's the low-rent version of Erica the Princess from PLo's season.
    I thought men liked the chase? Where are sdl and the other male posters here? I'd like to get their take on this.

ETA: I thought men liked "to do" the chasing - not the other way around. (I've been married too long!)
    Last edited by Beachmom; 02-02-2010 at 04:26 PM.