Page 19 of 297 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by thebachbuzz;3793654;
    PLEASE tell me there is some way that Ali could still be in it. I know she left, but whats with the rose in Jake's bedroom? Couldn't it be a last rose saved for her...like she had something to work out and he only loves her?!?!?
    Me three! Since there are so many allusions to "Top Gun," might the trajectory of that love story give us some clues?

Yes, RS said that Vienna is the last one standing, but, if I read it correctly, that wasn't an infallible, rock-solid assurance that they're engaged. On the ABC board, Jake says in his "tell all," that he fell in love with several girls during the show. Presently, I buy RS's predictions; but even he's not 100% certain of the details.

After tonight, it's pretty hard to watch.

I felt as though they softened Vienna last night, it will be interesting to see how she is shown next week. Will they show her as confrontational with the rest of the girls or was that just splice and dice in the previews. I picked up on the reference Ali made to being able to stay for the long haul (I'm paraphrasing), they must be giving us clues on her departure.

FORT Regular

I continue to believe the aerobatic plane doing a spiral nose dive on the first night's show it an indication to how the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3793528;
    Thanks everyone for your input in this my favorite thread. Last week I was unable to contribute but maybe this week will be better.

My first observation tonight for episode two was how the roses were given out. Ali got one on her 1 on 1. Then at the RC roses went to Vienna first, then Gia and then Tenely. I suspect that this tells us something. It reminds me how often you will see F1 thru F3 lined up in order at a RC with their roses. I remember that in Jasons season at the episode 2 RC. There were Jillian, Molly and Melissa with roses before the RC started. In Jillians season it happened at one RC as well with her F3.

Then during the women's time alone after Roz-Gate was announced, Vienna had the first PI followed by Tenely with a PI. They panned the camera around the girls for reaction shots and it seemed to me that with Gia and Ali especially they slowed down to catch a tear. They made a point of showing the F4 a lot tonignt. And Vienna seemed to have her edit softened a bit in her PI's. I think she is showing a genuine concern about some of the other girls.
    I also noticed those very same points especially the bolded. Would they be so blatent about the rose order? I was very surprised to see that and wondered. Do we know if that has ever happened in previous seasons?

Although Ali is very sweet and pretty, I just did not see the romantic connection there at all, reminded me of Jason/Jillian.

I'm not sure if that's a set up for the next bachelorette or not, but I think she would be able to handle it as opposed to Tenley. IMO

In last night's show I noticed how Gia and Roz really stood out at the photo shoot. Both were so beautiful and comfortable. I am wondering if TPTB had Rozgate on air rather than behind the scenes in part to make Gia's slightly racy background a little more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord;3793688;
    I felt as though they softened Vienna last night, it will be interesting to see how she is shown next week. Will they show her as confrontational with the rest of the girls or was that just splice and dice in the previews. I picked up on the reference Ali made to being able to stay for the long haul (I'm paraphrasing), they must be giving us clues on her departure.
    I, too, noticed the very same thing about both Vienna and Ali. I posted something about it on the sleuthing thread. And Ali kept repeating the sentiment (3 times I think I counted). "I'm not going to give up on Jake." "I'm in this for the long haul" "I'm going to stay and fight for Jake." I took that as TPTB's way of subtly preparing the audience for when she leaves voluntarily.

So far in the snippets during the credits, Vienna has gotten all the cute punchlines.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3793717;
    I also noticed those very same points especially the bolded. Would they be so blatent about the rose order? I was very surprised to see that and wondered. Do we know if that has ever happened in previous seasons?

Although Ali is very sweet and pretty, I just did not see the romantic connection there at all, reminded me of Jason/Jillian.
    I'm not sure if that's a set up for the next bachelorette or not, but I think she would be able to handle it as opposed to Tenley. IMO
    I saw this as well. 100% of the conversation presented on air (read:story line) was Bachelor Show gobble-tee-gook (invented spelling ... works in 1st grade, why not here, LOL).

"I like you." "I like you too."
    "I'm glad I did this." "I'm glad you did too."
    "This [view/band/date/experience] is [amazing, beautiful, wonderful, unbelievable.]"
    "On Cloud Nine." "Flying high."

No "story" that would suggest why the "connection" is a lasting one, as opposed to the experience being a memorable moment.

That has Also Ran all over it.

But Ali is very, very appealing on camera as a character, and came across as "real".

I would make the same comment about Gia. The camera loves that girl, and she presents pretty well. Her story is starting too late to be an F1 story, but you can "see" the F3 glow about her even now. She might have a future in TV, you never know.

Tenley --yuck, although that Giraffe thing was hilarious in a "laugh at her" but still she has appeal sort of way.

Vienna did not grow on me at all as a character. No camera appeal. Has a sort of narration-only role at this point. It was so bizarre how they edited her big reveal to Jake to be completely cut off. I wondered if "normal" viewers would even have gotten the gist of it. And by the way, pretending for a moment that there is anything real about Jake's on-air search for a mate? That Vienna story is a huge red flag to someone with impulse control issues that could be very complicating, disruptive to marriage. Not that there isn't someone for everyone, but that story SCREAMS 'I need therapy' and 'I have Daddy issues.'

End rant.

Makes me go hmmmmm. Jake got that very special 1 on 1 date with Jillian, (I like to think of this as his screentest) and then pretty much disappeared until his starring role in Wesgate. Could it be possible that Chicago date was Ali's test? She is so cute and likable though, she really didn't need to be tested. Could she be pre-selected to be the next Bachelorette, with Gia there just in case Ali doesn't become the fan favorite?

I believe it was done for Jason's season. Right off the bat they showed who the final 3 were in episode 2.