Page 18 of 297 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 2962

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

  1. #171
    Gone Fishin' eowenc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Thanks everyone for your input in this my favorite thread. Last week I was unable to contribute but maybe this week will be better.

    My first observation tonight for episode two was how the roses were given out. Ali got one on her 1 on 1. Then at the RC roses went to Vienna first, then Gia and then Tenely. I suspect that this tells us something. It reminds me how often you will see F1 thru F3 lined up in order at a RC with their roses. I remember that in Jasons season at the episode 2 RC. There were Jillian, Molly and Melissa with roses before the RC started. In Jillians season it happened at one RC as well with her F3.

    Then during the women's time alone after Roz-Gate was announced, Vienna had the first PI followed by Tenely with a PI. They panned the camera around the girls for reaction shots and it seemed to me that with Gia and Ali especially they slowed down to catch a tear. They made a point of showing the F4 a lot tonignt. And Vienna seemed to have her edit softened a bit in her PI's. I think she is showing a genuine concern about some of the other girls.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

    Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

  2. #172
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3792593;

    Dadgum this show! Whether the portrayals were fair or even true, before Matt's season (with the exception of Ian) we could always count on the Bach/ette making the right choice when you had a good vs not good ( in some way) selection.
    I realize that the producers manipulated and exaggerated to get the negative edit for the F2, but we had Andrew choose the angelic Jen over the vixen and often witchy Kirsten. Charlie selected the cute, little Sara Bee over both of the other dominating and forward F3 girls. Travis selected the schoolteacher Sarah Stone over the flamboyant but emotionally appearing unstable Moana. Andy picked Tessa who had no faults over Bevin who seemed to have one of each fault they could find to give her.

    Beginning with Matt, we have the F1 often edited so that we wonder why the lead chooses that one? Shayne was edited as a spoiled Hollywood brat. Jesse showed up at the M&G dressed like Bozo the Clown and had poor social manners as well as was there to promote his products and had an internet girlfriend with whom Fort members were communicating. Melissa was clingy, and Ed came in with negative info about his social life, plus all of the controversy about leaving the show and his girlfriends.

    The complete change in the trend in the way F1 is edited and even the choice of F1 is deplorable. No doubt the producers' part is intentional; Fleiss has said he think the success of reality tv is dependent upon trash. They are, therefore, exuberant over the hype while at the same time viewers such as the FORT are to a large part dismayed.
    So... so true. Well, the key word here is "flawed". The producers like the F1 to be "flawed" so that the outcome is less predictable. The obsession lately for having a "shocking" finale has consumed this franchise. They could care less whether or not the viewers actually "like" the one chosen, as long as (s)he is the "surprise choice". One reason many of us (speaking for myself, of course) were rooting for the wrong "dude" during Jillian's season was because we were backtracking TOO far in our edit analysis... back to pre-Matt seasons, when the F1 was basically "flawless". (Also, the edit in this case did have many "F1 qualities".)

    Obviously, I'm referring to the show's edit, not the people themselves.

    Speaking of the pre-Matt F1s: Ian wasn't edited too poorly, but I guess everybody remembers it that way for some reason. Unfortunately, many of the past shows are not accessible these days; re-watching them may change our perceptions of them after several years. The F2 his season... another Matt... was "too settled" a.k.a. Jake. His comment about wanting to drive around in his pickup truck with "cosmopolitan" Meredith spawned much snickering at the time. One way of looking at that season is that it was one of the first with the Surprise Ending Obsession and... EGAD... a sign-of-things-to-come.

    If Vienna is F1, they are making sure we see her hypercritical "catty" side early on... not that it makes her necessarily "bad", but because we "assume" she's not in the running on account of her competitiveness. Since Reality Steve may have "spilled the beans" (if he is correct), let's just see how far they will go in putting her "flaws" out on the clothesline. I have the feeling, though, that the unflattering editing will stop mid-season, just as it did for Ed after the Seville date (excluding the Fantasy Suite "fiasco", of course, which was simply a cover for other "things").

    Some of us suspect that Jake was not always the conservative "family values" Republican he appears now. Vienna's backstory certainly peaked his interest in her. He has a backstory of his own, no doubt. Once he learns to keep his shirt on and stay less focused on his abs, Jake is very much the communication-type who "talks out" problems.

    SURVIVOR is a much easier show to de-code. Who needs seasonal previews? You can pretty much nail which contestant gets their torch snuffed next simply by counting the minutes they have on their final episode. (In fact, THE BACHELOR is following the same route... notice that the girls with the most screen time in this episode are now gone.) Also, SURVIVOR is more blatant in its "good" vs. "not so good" edit... how many of us KNEW that Russell would NOT win this season? They WANT us to support JT or Natalie. On this franchise, they could care less if we all want to root for Vienna.

    On a different note, I hope this season gets more interesting. It is starting to take the shape of boring Jesse Palmer already. It is a real challenge to come up with new imput for the forum this season.

  3. #173
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3793537;
    If Vienna is F1, they are making sure we see her hypercritical "catty" side early on... not that it makes her necessarily "bad", but because we "assume" she's not in the running on account of her competitiveness. Since Reality Steve may have "spilled the beans" (if he is correct), let's just see how far they will go in putting her "flaws" out on the clothesline. I have the feeling, though, that the unflattering editing will stop mid-season, just as it did for Ed after the Seville date (excluding the Fantasy Suite "fiasco", of course, which was simply a cover for other "things").


    What was this a cover for?

  4. #174
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,970

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3793537;
    So... so true. Well, the key word here is "flawed". The producers like the F1 to be "flawed" so that the outcome is less predictable. The obsession lately for having a "shocking" finale has consumed this franchise. They could care less whether or not the viewers actually "like" the one chosen, as long as (s)he is the "surprise choice". One reason many of us (speaking for myself, of course) were rooting for the wrong "dude" during Jillian's season was because we were backtracking TOO far in our edit analysis... back to pre-Matt seasons, when the F1 was basically "flawless". (Also, the edit in this case did have many "F1 qualities".)

    Obviously, I'm referring to the show's edit, not the people themselves.

    Speaking of the pre-Matt F1s: Ian wasn't edited too poorly, but I guess everybody remembers it that way for some reason. Unfortunately, many of the past shows are not accessible these days; re-watching them may change our perceptions of them after several years. The F2 his season... another Matt... was "too settled" a.k.a. Jake. His comment about wanting to drive around in his pickup truck with "cosmopolitan" Meredith spawned much snickering at the time. One way of looking at that season is that it was one of the first with the Surprise Ending Obsession and... EGAD... a sign-of-things-to-come.

    If Vienna is F1, they are making sure we see her hypercritical "catty" side early on... not that it makes her necessarily "bad", but because we "assume" she's not in the running on account of her competitiveness. Since Reality Steve may have "spilled the beans" (if he is correct), let's just see how far they will go in putting her "flaws" out on the clothesline. I have the feeling, though, that the unflattering editing will stop mid-season, just as it did for Ed after the Seville date (excluding the Fantasy Suite "fiasco", of course, which was simply a cover for other "things").

    Some of us suspect that Jake was not always the conservative "family values" Republican he appears now. Vienna's backstory certainly peaked his interest in her. He has a backstory of his own, no doubt. Once he learns to keep his shirt on and stay less focused on his abs, Jake is very much the communication-type who "talks out" problems.

    SURVIVOR is a much easier show to de-code. Who needs seasonal previews? You can pretty much nail which contestant gets their torch snuffed next simply by counting the minutes they have on their final episode. (In fact, THE BACHELOR is following the same route... notice that the girls with the most screen time in this episode are now gone.) Also, SURVIVOR is more blatant in its "good" vs. "not so good" edit... how many of us KNEW that Russell would NOT win this season? They WANT us to support JT or Natalie. On this franchise, they could care less if we all want to root for Vienna.

    On a different note, I hope this season gets more interesting. It is starting to take the shape of boring Jesse Palmer already. It is a real challenge to come up with new imput for the forum this season.
    Palmer seemed interesting after one of the gals crashed the dinner date. This time they had to create a "gate" to start the drama early on since the bach doesn't carry the show well. And there were those that thought Jason was boring. Go figure! When was the last time we had a bach with a personality to boot? Anyone remember or was it so far back, may be Ian or AndyF?

  5. #175
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3793540;
    What was this a cover for?
    You'll have to forgive me for getting too wordy at times.

    Many "speculated" that Jillian and Ed discussed his "girlfriend issue" in Maui. We will never know for sure, but the whole "failure to launch" in the Fantasy Suite was an editor's trick which Jillian laughed off in interviews as just a sunburn-and-exhaustion issue. Obviously, most realized there was more to the story. In other words, the editors created a "new" story to "cover" a story they didn't want to show the viewers at the time.

    This is old news, but it can be applied to the editing of any season. They are out to create a story that is hardly "reality". Like the whole Rozlyn business appearing worse than it was.

  6. #176
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3793583;
    You'll have to forgive me for getting too wordy at times.

    Many "speculated" that Jillian and Ed discussed his "girlfriend issue" in Maui. We will never know for sure, but the whole "failure to launch" in the Fantasy Suite was an editor's trick which Jillian laughed off in interviews as just a sunburn-and-exhaustion issue. Obviously, most realized there was more to the story. In other words, the editors created a "new" story to "cover" a story they didn't want to show the viewers at the time.

    This is old news, but it can be applied to the editing of any season. They are out to create a story that is hardly "reality". Like the whole Rozlyn business appearing worse than it was.
    Thank you for your input JackBennyFan, ITA about the editors creating a "new" story to "cover" a story they didn't want to show at the time, it's just that this season, it sounds like they're just making stuff up/exaggerating everything. Seriously, Chris needs major acting lessons.

  7. #177
    FORT Regular jacee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    the dome
    Posts
    75

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3793583;
    You'll have to forgive me for getting too wordy at times.

    Many "speculated" that Jillian and Ed discussed his "girlfriend issue" in Maui. We will never know for sure, but the whole "failure to launch" in the Fantasy Suite was an editor's trick which Jillian laughed off in interviews as just a sunburn-and-exhaustion issue. Obviously, most realized there was more to the story. In other words, the editors created a "new" story to "cover" a story they didn't want to show the viewers at the time.

    This is old news, but it can be applied to the editing of any season. They are out to create a story that is hardly "reality". Like the whole Rozlyn business appearing worse than it was.
    JBF! Glad to see you back...your analysis last season was amazing. Thanks for pointing out the bait and switch tactics that have been used again and again in past seasons!
    Things are not as they seem...

  8. #178
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3793541;
    Palmer seemed interesting after one of the gals crashed the dinner date. This time they had to create a "gate" to start the drama early on since the bach doesn't carry the show well. And there were those that thought Jason was boring. Go figure! When was the last time we had a bach with a personality to boot? Anyone remember or was it so far back, may be Ian or AndyF?
    Aww... I loved "Trashy" Trish! She MADE that season... along with the famous puking out of the limo scene in the finale. As you can see... I'm only proving your point. We pretty much forget what Jesse Palmer even looks like after all these years; so dependent he was on his Supporting Cast.

    I'm OK with Jake when his shirt is on and he is not being oggled at by his bevy. One reason I was thankful that Kiptyn wasn't The Bachelor was similar... they wouldn't have shown all of his charity work, just his abs. It isn't that these men are really boring... they are just edited that way. Yes, they have every reason to be proud of the work they've done with their surfboard stomachs, but is that what all of the women on this show really seek? Did I miss the recap footage of Jake's trip to Austin to save his "angel" from Wes or did they not show any? They may need to reinsert this to liven up the precedings.

    But enough with my snarky-isms...

  9. #179
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    15

    Re: Edit Analysis

    PLEASE tell me there is some way that Ali could still be in it. I know she left, but whats with the rose in Jake's bedroom? Couldn't it be a last rose saved for her...like she had something to work out and he only loves her?!?!?

  10. #180
    FORT Fan wmweeza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    278

    Re: Edit Analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by thebachbuzz;3793654;
    PLEASE tell me there is some way that Ali could still be in it. I know she left, but whats with the rose in Jake's bedroom? Couldn't it be a last rose saved for her...like she had something to work out and he only loves her?!?!?
    I too am hopeful ( perhaps I should quite reading here then...lol)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.