Page 17 of 297 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis

Brought over from Sleuthing the Final 15 thread:

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3792491;
    Then to me that's saying that either Tenley is in on it or they are directing Jake to make her F2.

I don't think Tenley was in on it. She doesn't appear to have what it takes to pull off that kind of a deception. Does Jake know? Now, that is highly possible...

Kip was given the F2 edit from the word "go". He came out of the limo edited and in real time as the first one out. The edit started immediately showing him as the physical attraction. We heard how attractive she thought he was, etc.

What we have heard is the idea that they cast F4 -F6 and then what I call the character (drama) roles. My guess is that Tanner was one last season. He played the part of the foot fetish/BF instigator. It was obvious there was no attraction between Jillian and him.

What I think happens (because the way the dates of the F4 are parceled out) is that some time after meeting the the 25, Jake is asked who he thinks he likes in what order. ( Now we DO know that at least some of the leads have gotten to study the pictures and maybe bios as well of the 25 before ever meeting them, so they may already have an idea of what they think they want - even within the cast 6).
    It is appearing to me that this show is becoming increasingly scripted as we go along. Perhaps Jake was asked even prior to the M& G who he thought his top 6 in what order might be, and they were able to script Tenley's Meet & Greet role.
    Before we say that would never happen, we might want to consider the odds of Jake selecting someone as precious, naive and inexperienced in life as Tenley seems to be?
    Also, could it be possible that Jillian was told that Kip had said on an interview that he had never had a broken heart, so therefore she decided ahead of time that regardless of how good-looking he was, she wasn't going to risk her chance on him and getting a broken heart?

To answer your question, I am not sure how it is done, but I do believe that the contender starts out knowing who he thinks he/she wants. Some of the contenders we think have been hired with the idea that they will get to go to a certain distance (maybe no further) for the exposure, but I don't think that most of them know they are going to be F2 or F3, etc.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Bloomer do you think Jake chose Vienna first night and never move from that position. I ask because she was the only one he said intrigue him>

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3792522;
    Brought over from Sleuthing the Final 15 thread:

I don't think Tenley was in on it. She doesn't appear to have what it takes to pull off that kind of a deception. Does Jake know? Now, that is highly possible...

Kip was given the F2 edit from the word "go". He came out of the limo edited and in real time as the first one out. The edit started immediately showing him as the physical attraction. We heard how attractive she thought he was, etc.

What we have heard is the idea that they cast F4 -F6 and then what I call the character (drama) roles. My guess is that Tanner was one last season. He played the part of the foot fetish/BF instigator. It was obvious there was no attraction between Jillian and him.

What I think happens (because the way the dates of the F4 are parceled out) is that some time after meeting the the 25, Jake is asked who he thinks he likes in what order. ( Now we DO know that at least some of the leads have gotten to study the pictures and maybe bios as well of the 25 before ever meeting them, so they may already have an idea of what they think they want - even within the cast 6).
    It is appearing to me that this show is becoming increasingly scripted as we go along. Perhaps Jake was asked even prior to the M& G who he thought his top 6 in what order might be, and they were able to script Tenley's Meet & Greet role.
    Before we say that would never happen, we might want to consider the odds of Jake selecting someone as precious, naive and inexperienced in life as Tenley seems to be?
    Also, could it be possible that Jillian was told that Kip had said on an interview that he had never had a broken heart, so therefore she decided ahead of time that regardless of how good-looking he was, she wasn't going to risk her chance on him and getting a broken heart?

To answer your question, I am not sure how it is done, but I do believe that the contender starts out knowing who he thinks he/she wants. Some of the contenders we think have been hired with the idea that they will get to go to a certain distance (maybe no further) for the exposure, but I don't think that most of them know they are going to be F2 or F3, etc.
    The are definately editing Tenley as such but in reality....but in this case unlike the edit on Amanda in Matt's season, she does have experience in life....she works, has been married before & gone thru a breakup. On the surface, her only possible fault is that she's just a sweet Christian person. With what Jake has constantly spoken....he wants someone with a heart of gold & we know his faith in God is important....I don't know Bloomer.... I don't know why Tenley wouldn't fit that. But that brings Jake coming into what he really wanted despite what he alluded in his words to want.....someone for the long haul or a perhaps wild child....

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3792534;
    Bloomer do you think Jake chose Vienna first night and never move from that position. I ask because she was the only one he said intrigue him>
    I'm beginning to think she had to be on his radar. I read an interview with him where he mentioned that he was horrible at remembering names & had forgotten hers & she reminded him to remember Vienna sausages. That is a catchy way to remember her....

[QUOTE=BachNoFoolMe;3792539;]The are definately editing Tenley as such but in reality....but in this case unlike the edit on Amanda in Matt's season, she does have experience in life....she works, has been married before & gone thru a breakup. On the surface, her only possible fault is that she's just a sweet Christian person. With what Jake has constantly spoken....he wants someone with a heart of gold & we know his faith in God is important....I don't know Bloomer.... I don't know why Tenley wouldn't fit that. But that brings Jake coming into what he really wanted despite what he alluded in his words to want.....someone for the long haul or a perhaps wild child....[/QUOTE]

The bolded is so true, I really thought Jake wanted to find someone and from what we've seen (I know only one epi) so far, Tenley does fit what he says he's looking for. I hope Tenley doesn't fall too hard for him, cause if I were Tenley and it came down to me and Vienna, I would think I was a shoe in. It makes me hope maybe Tenley is playing a role and I wouldn't feel so bad for her.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3792539;
    The are definately editing Tenley as such but in reality....but in this case unlike the edit on Amanda in Matt's season, she does have experience in life....she works, has been married before & gone thru a breakup. On the surface, her only possible fault is that she's just a sweet Christian person. With what Jake has constantly spoken....he wants someone with a heart of gold & we know his faith in God is important....I don't know Bloomer.... I don't know why Tenley wouldn't fit that. But that brings Jake coming into what he really wanted despite what he alluded in his words to want.....someone for the long haul or a perhaps wild child....
    There are life experiences and then there are life experiences. Tenley and her husband were both virgins when they married, and they were married for a short time before divorcing. She kissed no one since.

I am not going to quibble that Jake has Christian views; I am going to accept that as true despite some of the info found as I believe that the two can exist simultaneously and especially w/o my judgement call. That said, when we were sleuthing we came up with homeowners associations' reports that eventually yielded the info that Jake had lived with his girlfriend for a several years. Jake is also several years older than Tenley and is a male to boot.
    My personal opinion is that the Tenley I saw last Monday is much more naive and inexperienced than Jake.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=valley54;3792553;]
    Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3792539;
    The are definately editing Tenley as such but in reality....but in this case unlike the edit on Amanda in Matt's season, she does have experience in life....she works, has been married before & gone thru a breakup. On the surface, her only possible fault is that she's just a sweet Christian person. With what Jake has constantly spoken....he wants someone with a heart of gold & we know his faith in God is important....I don't know Bloomer.... I don't know why Tenley wouldn't fit that. But that brings Jake coming into what he really wanted despite what he alluded in his words to want.....someone for the long haul or a perhaps wild child....[/QUOTE]

The bolded is so true, I really thought Jake wanted to find someone and from what we've seen (I know only one epi) so far, Tenley does fit what he says he's looking for. I hope Tenley doesn't fall too hard for him, cause if I were Tenley and it came down to me and Vienna, I would think I was a shoe in. It makes me hope maybe Tenley is playing a role and I wouldn't feel so bad for her.
    Dadgum this show! Whether the portrayals were fair or even true, before Matt's season (with the exception of Ian) we could always count on the Bach/ette making the right choice when you had a good vs not good ( in some way) selection.
    I realize that the producers manipulated and exaggerated to get the negative edit for the F2, but we had Andrew choose the angelic Jen over the vixen and often witchy Kirsten. Charlie selected the cute, little Sara Bee over both of the other dominating and forward F3 girls. Travis selected the schoolteacher Sarah Stone over the flamboyant but emotionally appearing unstable Moana. Andy picked Tessa who had no faults over Bevin who seemed to have one of each fault they could find to give her.

Beginning with Matt, we have the F1 often edited so that we wonder why the lead chooses that one? Shayne was edited as a spoiled Hollywood brat. Jesse showed up at the M&G dressed like Bozo the Clown and had poor social manners as well as was there to promote his products and had an internet girlfriend with whom Fort members were communicating. Melissa was clingy, and Ed came in with negative info about his social life, plus all of the controversy about leaving the show and his girlfriends.

The complete change in the trend in the way F1 is edited and even the choice of F1 is deplorable. No doubt the producers' part is intentional; Fleiss has said he think the success of reality tv is dependent upon trash. They are, therefore, exuberant over the hype while at the same time viewers such as the FORT are to a large part dismayed.

I'm not contributing much here, but I'm learning tons. Great, thread, a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn!

Support our Troops

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3792448;
    If you don't feel like searching around a zillion threads, honestly, you can read the same information in more detail on the original blog. Not the sort of first hand source I find terribly reliable, but whatever.

Tales of a Frumpy Mocha Princess

The blog author worked at an ice skating rink where Vienna briefly dated her co worker.

She has blasted this all over twitter.

Anyone can find it.

She is (you can see from her blog) one of the "sources" on the whole story about using her GI husband's money for plastic surgery, etc. I don't buy it so far and find her blog rather ugly and juvenile.
    Just a little behind on the reading, but she would not be able to use her husband's GI Bill money........it is not set up to be able to pull money out...I should know...I have the GI Bill

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3792774;
    I'm not contributing much here, but I'm learning tons. Great, thread, a wonderful opportunity for everyone to learn!
    Me too GA. I'm starting to understand the edits a little bit......after it's pointed out to me.

ETA That's what I was thinking too jonsmom. I know someone who is finally using her GI bill & even she can't get it all...her monies were cut in half at the beginning of this year. I also wasn't aware that someone could make that much money in such a short amount of time in the Marine Corp, unless they were pretty high ranking. If we're talking boob job & plastic surgery for Mom..that's a lot of $$$.
    Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 01-11-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow