Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

To all of you who can't understand why TPTB are editing the show to make the viewers think that one of the contestants is a B-word. This is what makes it a series and not a movie of the week on Lifetime Network. Seriously, if 25 women show up and they are all so sweet and pretty and wonderful. but the bachelor is immediatly drwn to one in a "love at first sight" kind of way, why would it take weeks for him to know it she was the one for him?
    In order for the viewer to remain interested they have to have a "bad seed" element. I am pretty sure he ends up with Ali, but I keep watching because I wanna see the train wreck if he doesn't end up with Ali. It is called good Tv.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3811056;
    RS calls her a Class A Biotch because one of his sources told him she was and because he doesn't like her, plain and simple, and he's a viewer just like the rest of us, with his favourites and the ones he doesn't like. Just because he reports it doesn't make it fact, is all I'm trying to say. He gets scoops, but this kind of scoop is a little different than the Molly/Melissa switcheroo, because that was a fact. It happened. This is a perception, right or wrong, about someone's character. What some might call super annoying, his source calls a super biotch. I'm not going to take that kind of stuff as gospel from him, frankly. If he has scoop on something that actually happens in the show, then I'd say there's a good chance he's right based on past events. But his opinions of someone based on hearsay and what everyone is "saying" - nope.

Seriously, don't get me wrong, Vienna could very well be a cow. But something about this edit and the viewer's reaction to it just doesn't sit well with me. If they want me to buy the fact that she's that bad, then they need to show me, not just tell me. :nono

Reality Steve has facts which can be proven, and then he has opinions ( like the rest of us) which are his thoughts. To me a "Grade A B****" is someone like the scripted women on tv programs who plot and scheme in extremely devious ways, not a woman who talks too much and irritates the dickens out of other women.
    Also, his idea of a b**** on this show and mine aren't even the same. I am thinking back of a girl name LeeAnn ( I think on Blob's/Byron's show?) who snidely said, "When is am talking to you, Jane, I will say, 'Jane'..". Another one said, " I didn't come here to pal around with any of you. I don't care anything about you. I only came to be with him." They are very haughty, and you don't catch them crying either because that kind of behavior is beneath them. They aren't sensitive enough to get their feelings hurt.

I am thinking that perhaps Vienna's behavior is a combination of several things: feeling a bit insecure around all that (model/pageant type) beauty, her natural unbridled personality, and most definitely producer manipulation. I feel especially they were suggesting all kinds of things to her such as "You are one of Jake's very favorites, but he can't tell you." "Why don't you ask for the last 1-1 time with Jake? That way you can be sure you are the last one on his mind."
    Also, we know that on those PIs, there is an unseen producer asking questions that prompt the kind of answers they want, so all of those, "I am going to marry Jake" PIs that are so annoying are a deliberate ploy of production to get that effect.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Maybe the Vienna answer is as simple as Jake really, really likes her, and has since the M&G. Her hurdle to overcome on the way to becoming his F1 is to lower the red flags he has had raised about her by the other women. There is still time for redemption in his eyes - the hometown, the fantasy dates and the last chance dates. Whether that will be enough time for the editors to pull off a redemption for the viewers is a question mark.

Maybe they don't want to redeem her completely for the viewers, but I do think her hometown will be the warmest and the place where Jake will get his answers.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3811056;
    RS calls her a Class A Biotch because one of his sources told him she was and because he doesn't like her, plain and simple, and he's a viewer just like the rest of us, with his favourites and the ones he doesn't like. Just because he reports it doesn't make it fact, is all I'm trying to say. He gets scoops, but this kind of scoop is a little different than the Molly/Melissa switcheroo, because that was a fact. It happened. This is a perception, right or wrong, about someone's character. What some might call super annoying, his source calls a super biotch. I'm not going to take that kind of stuff as gospel from him, frankly. If he has scoop on something that actually happens in the show, then I'd say there's a good chance he's right based on past events. But his opinions of someone based on hearsay and what everyone is "saying" - nope.

Seriously, don't get me wrong, Vienna could very well be a cow. But something about this edit and the viewer's reaction to it just doesn't sit well with me. If they want me to buy the fact that she's that bad, then they need to show me, not just tell me. :nono

I think the fact that 13 out of 14 girls that were with Vienna in the house cannot stand her should speak volumes... even if you want to discount RS' sources. Sometimes you don't need to be beat over the head with evidence to trust what others are telling you.

For me? I found her to be an immature wench the minute she came home from her first one on one and then declared herself to be the expert on "all things Jake." Any time anyone would bring up something about Jake from that point on she'd have to pipe in with "he likes X..." or "he believes X..." or "if you spent any time with him you would know X...." I've seen it from her in nearly every conversation in my two hours per week. Imagine what the girls have had to deal with 24/7. Now add in any other bitchy qualities and I don't blame them one bit for despising the girl.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3811067;
    If the edit was different, the story would be different. They could have told a different story...but they didn't. The question is....why are the telling the story they are telling? Why is the man who has been portrayed as such a nice guy choosing to pair himself with the woman who has managed to be portrayed as the worst contestant to ever participate in this show? Regardless of how they realllllly are, WHY is THIS the story they've chosen to tell us??
    Reality Steve definitley stressed yesterday that Ali doesn't come back. :nono So maybe they decided it was the utilmate irony to show Jake end up with the girl everyone warns him about when he is the only guy who warned Jillian about Wes. He could see Wes was no good for Jillian but he can't see that Vienna might be no good for him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3811074;
    Maybe the Vienna answer is as simple as Jake really, really likes her, and has since the M&G. Her hurdle to overcome on the way to becoming his F1 is to lower the red flags he has had raised about her by the other women. There is still time for redemption in his eyes - the hometown, the fantasy dates and the last chance dates. Whether that will be enough time for the editors to pull off a redemption for the viewers is a question mark.

Maybe they don't want to redeem her completely for the viewers, but I do think her hometown will be the warmest and the place where Jake will get his answers.
    I think Jake is drawn to Vienna, and has been from the beginning, like you state. He became even more attached on the 1:1 date. Now the red flags are up because of all the static he's getting from the other girls. I also agree that Vienna's HTD will probably be all warm and fuzzy -- away from the girls that hate her and surrounded by people that love her, Jake will remember how he felt about Vienna in the beginning.

Does anybody remember the interview Jake gave very early on where he said something about all the girls were so great, but there was one thing for each of them that he just couldn't accept, or get past, or something like that? Maybe we're seeing a 'Mr. Perfect' takes on a new project edit. That sounds dumb, but what I mean is maybe Jake chooses the one he thinks he can 'fix'. Vienna has already shown that she is receptive to Jake's suggestions on how to act around the girls. She really does need a daddy. Maybe she somehow convinces him by FRC time that she is worthy of Mr. Perfect, away from all the drama of the girls in the house.

I think a Jake/Vienna pairing would be a disaster in the long run, but I can see how it could end up that way for this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3811072;
    Reality Steve has facts which can be proven, and then he has opinions ( like the rest of us) which are his thoughts. To me a "Grade A B****" is someone like the scripted women on tv programs who plot and scheme in extremely devious ways, not a woman who talks too much and irritates the dickens out of other women.
    Also, his idea of a b**** on this show and mine aren't even the same. I am thinking back of a girl name LeeAnn ( I think on Blob's/Byron's show?) who snidely said, "When is am talking to you, Jane, I will say, 'Jane'..". Another one said, " I didn't come here to pal around with any of you. I don't care anything about you. I only came to be with him." They are very haughty, and you don't catch them crying either because that kind of behavior is beneath them. They aren't sensitive enough to get their feelings hurt.

I am thinking that perhaps Vienna's behavior is a combination of several things: feeling a bit insecure around all that (model/pageant type) beauty, her natural unbridled personality, and most definitely producer manipulation. I feel especially they were suggesting all kinds of things to her such as "You are one of Jake's very favorites, but he can't tell you." "Why don't you ask for the last 1-1 time with Jake? That way you can be sure you are the last one on his mind."
    Also, we know that on those PIs, there is an unseen producer asking questions that prompt the kind of answers they want, so all of those, "I am going to marry Jake" PIs that are so annoying are a deliberate ploy of production to get that effect.

Whoever decided to "edit" Vienna this way did it for a reason. Was she a pain dealing with during filming (hence RS comment from source about her being a *******) or the storyline doesn't end with her being f1(PTB are sticking it to her) or something happened earlier in the season long before she even went on her 1-1 date and started "annoying" everyone with her talk about Jake and "knowing" him after one indvl. date (are the PTB holding on to the juicy stuff to bring it to a dramatic conclusion later in the season?).

It is strange that they are eluding to the girls not wanting to share a room with Vienna, they don't want to hear her talk about Jake,etc. without showing what happened to turn them all (except Gia) off enough to say "Vienna has to go home". Either they are all immature and forming cliques which doesn't seem to be the case or they is something smelly in that house PTB don't want to let out yet.

CH's comments that she threw the "olive branch" right back in the girls' face with the "spoiled brat" attitude. Is it just that and nothing more? Her "drama queen" persona (real or perceived) is not endearing viewers to her as the f1. IMO.

[QUOTE=Beachmom;3810335;]WE all know Graham wanted out, but does the average viewer? To them, didn't it look like he just didn't get a rose? I can't remember.

Maybe, maybe not. I watched Deanna's season without the benefit of FORT, before I discovered all of the marvelous and intelligent posters on here, and I knew there was something more to the story. I could see how crazy about him she was and how distant he had become and figured there was something else going on besides him just not getting a rose.
    Last edited by serve806; 01-28-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Sorry....don't know why the quote didn't work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3810666;
    I had to laugh about her provocative photo. No, not what a future Mrs. Pavelka would be proud of. (But she looks so happy!) Jake may not be quite the Prude everyone makes him out to be either. (Of course, they had to include the bit about not kissing until age whatever in Gia's date.) Anyway, he's taking Mark's instructions from "Men Tell All" back in July... only instead of watching an R-rated movie, he's playing in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3811072;
    Reality Steve has facts which can be proven, and then he has opinions ( like the rest of us) which are his thoughts. .
    Bloomers - I think RS has been hanging out on this board a lot and particularly reading your posts - his this weeks article is actually analysing the edit while giving his opinion of the show which I thought was really funny.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series