Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fanatic

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3806526;
    Tomorrow night Gia goes from a minor player to a major player with her 1-1 date. It will be interesting to see how she impacts the dynamics of the editing.

Any suggestions or scenarios?
    Just some wild guesses... probably proven wrong in the next 24 hours!

Also feel free to correct my mistakes... basing the stuff on memory.

If Gia is indeed F3, then she's certainly receiving the "wonderful" treatment you've mentioned in past posts. (Yes, nothing is ever consistent with this franchise... just consider each season as a new menu, but with a few microwaved "leftovers" from past seasons added.) Although she described Vienna as "dangerous" and had a heated, but quite objective, discussion during V's "fake" outburst, she was also the first (am I right? can't remember) to hug her after the key "apology scene". Also, Vienna is all too quick to join Gia in her RV and avoid the three gunning against her.

Curiously, this starts to bisect the "alleged" final four into two "sides". As this season evolves, will this become a "nice girls-turn-bad" vs. a "bad girls-turn-nice" scenario? As mentioned frequently, Gia has done some provative modeling work. Vienna has her previous "vices". Jake has explained that "nice guys" are those who treat women with respect. How this plays into the female "performances", I don't know... but already Tenley, despite receiving the "heart of gold" badge of honor in a Jake interview, is starting to get quite "catty" as the show progresses. (Neither she nor Ali view Vienna objectively... and YES! The production crew does mysteriously appear to be purposely "edging on" the "prejudge" attitudes towards her).

Glanced over at the abc board and saw some comments regarding the TV Grapevine preview of Jake and Gia's "grapevine" date. Somebody made a snarky remark of her performance looking too posed and "acted". Not a whole lot is happening in that short clip and not enough to see any "chemistry" yet. Jake does, however, appear to like her quite a bit. He describes the experience as the beginning of a "fairytale".

One important note in the preview clip: Jake comments on her being a city girl from Manhattan. Is this a hint towards a hometown date that emphasizes some "differences"?

Gia does resemble Kiptyn in that she basically waits for Jake to come to her, rather than doing the chasing herself. She mentions the fun of visiting a vineyard in the same manner Kippy discussed kayaks and traintrips. Like him, she doesn't seam as terribly worried about not being "the final one" as some of the others. (This, of course, may be why she isn't as threatened by Vienna.)

In regards to the other subject discussed alot... Vienna as potential F1. (And thanks for the compliment, C4real... eagerly waiting for detailed "expert analysis" of all of these cast members! We need something to get through all of this!)

I feel it is IMPORTANT that everybody analyzing this soap opera schlock look for her "introduction" on youtube. ("Bachfix" has it posted as "Bachelor Vienna Girardi".) Why? Because this is the First Impression Image that Fleiss & Co. is giving us... the image they expect us to keep in mind until they start "uncovering" her true personality... whatever it may be. I think a lot of viewers went into this season thinking of Jake's "righteousness" and have a preconceived attitude about the types of women he likes. Already, Tenley has informed us all that Vienna is "not right for him". (Correct me if I'm misquoting.)

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3806660;
    A big factor for me with all aspects of the date with Vienna is the adrenaline thing. Doesn't that make everything seem better, even if it's not? It was a huge thing for him to be jumping off that bridge, a HUGE thing. It's possible that is clouding his judgment. They didn't show everything they chatted about later during the mandatory hot tub scenes, but the conversation they did show entirely revolved around the jump, to the degree that it got a bit repetitive. He mentioned "stern" questions, but I heard none. I'd have preferred to see more of that rather than more oohing and aahing over the jump. I wonder what he asked, what she said and if he had the capacity to actually evaluate what he heard.

It does seem like the adrenaline rush of "the big jump" off cliffs, buildings, bridges, etc....is the building block of a major attachment. Someone that gets a date like this gets an unfair advantage from the other contestants because of what an emotional and bonding experience it can be...

Maybe TPTB should rethink this and address it. The adrenaline rush that these events cause could form a false chemical reaction and connection with the person you do them with.

It would be nice to see Jake having deeper conversations with these women. So far, conversations seems very 'on the surface'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3806675;

I feel it is IMPORTANT that everybody analyzing this soap opera schlock look for her "introduction" on youtube. ("Bachfix" has it posted as "Bachelor Vienna Girardi".) Why? Because this is the First Impression Image that Fleiss & Co. is giving us... the image they expect us to keep in mind until they start "uncovering" her true personality... whatever it may be. I think a lot of viewers went into this season thinking of Jake's "righteousness" and have a preconceived attitude about the types of women he likes. Already, Tenley has informed us all that Vienna is "not right for him". (Correct me if I'm misquoting.)
    Heading over to check that out - thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3806670;
    My guess is the latter.She'll gush in the PI about how her date with Jake was so much better than any other date he's had.
    I don't think Gia will gush to everyone else about her date either, but i guess we will see.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Okay... In watching Paris's i mean Vienna's intro again, there are a few points that are pushed...

1) BA in Interpersonal Communications - but unemployed...says shes intelligent and that she loves herself...

2) Daddys girl - spoiled by him, 5 cars bought by him, she wrecks them, laying on a boat sunning...

3) Mommy doggie dates - Dresses up the dog, wants to bring home a daddy for Chloe..and she kisses the dog on the lips...errk

What does Vienna have in common with Paris, and how is that going to come out in the edit, since this is the role shes been given?

[QUOTE=Jack Benny Fan;3806675;]

Curiously, this starts to bisect the "alleged" final four into two "sides". As this season evolves, will this become a "nice girls-turn-bad" vs. a "bad girls-turn-nice" scenario? As mentioned frequently, Gia has done some provative modeling work. Vienna has her previous "vices". Jake has explained that "nice guys" are those who treat women with respect. How this plays into the female "performances", I don't know... but already Tenley, despite receiving the "heart of gold" badge of honor in a Jake interview, is starting to get quite "catty" as the show progresses. (Neither she nor Ali view Vienna objectively... and YES! The production crew does mysteriously appear to be purposely "edging on" the "prejudge" attitudes towards her).

In regards to the other subject discussed alot... Vienna as potential F1. (And thanks for the compliment, C4real... eagerly waiting for detailed "expert analysis" of all of these cast members! We need something to get through all of this!)
    /QUOTE]

JBF,
    Thank you for your thoughts on the Ali edit post. It took a week to see the edit clearly given the emotion of this episode, my goodness. As your post suggested, Jake and Ali's edits are similar, even to the point that Ali almost repeats Jake's words verbatim about fearing a disconnect after her 1;1 date. Unlike Jill and Jake, it does appear that Jake and Ali do have chemistry and do connect (though again, what is this "conversation" of which they speak? I can never makes sense of their chats.), so that's improvement from last season. Does Fleiss do that: take circumstances from the previous season and replay them with a different outcome?

I also LOVE the idea of the "bad" vs. "good" girls. It does look like Gia stays on Vienna's team and Ali and Ten continue to grow closer.

C4Real,
    Looking forward to Vienna's edit post.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3806686;
    I don't think Gia will gush to everyone else about her date either, but i guess we will see.
    I do not think Gia will be treated like Vienna even if she did gush about her date with Jake. Sanlee you changed your avatar so Yay! (wink, wink)
    Last edited by Love_Me; 01-24-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by equus;3806693;
    Okay... In watching Paris's i mean Vienna's intro again, there are a few points that are pushed...

1) BA in Interpersonal Communications - but unemployed...says shes intelligent and that she loves herself...

2) Daddys girl - spoiled by him, 5 cars bought by him, she wrecks them, laying on a boat sunning...

3) Mommy doggie dates - Dresses up the dog, wants to bring home a daddy for Chloe..and she kisses the dog on the lips...errk

What does Vienna have in common with Paris, and how is that going to come out in the edit, since this is the role shes been given?
    That they are both blonde??? ding-bats?!?!?
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3806696;
    That they are both blonde??? ding-bats?!?!?
    Paris is a charachter and acts fake . Is Vienna really like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3806699;
    Paris is a charachter and acts fake . Is Vienna really like that?
    oooo good one love_me...

Does anyone realize that since she kisses a dog, then kisses Jake that means all of those girls have frenched kissed a dog tooo? It aint STDs to look out for... erkk.