Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

But Jake does appear to have a good read on Vienna. Here's a clip from a post of mine awhile back.

Jake comments that he views Vienna as ‘the life of the party’, ‘blunt (no filter)’, ‘honest about her intentions (again – no filter)’, ‘intense (drama)’.

But don't forget that Deanna had no redemption until her HT date either, and even that didn't help her. Since Vienna's personality is a matter of personal perception, I am not sure that, other than many people not liking her, that is a basis for disqualiying her as F1.

People didn't like Jesse/Jason, didn't like Melissa/Molly, didn't like Shayne/Chelsea, didn't like Ed - yet none of that, including their edits, eliminated them from being F1. Only, we have never had, including Brad, such a discouraged bachelor.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Jake has mentioned that he has not been in touch with any one from the show since the end of filming - has also said it may take more than 25 gals - he has made several statements that tend to lean towards a not so hot ending for him at the time........ in some instances - like with CH - he seems like a happy camper - but in most of the others he doesn't appear that way - especially when asked about certain gals. - but it certainly leads to an unusual ending - pulling a Brad is not an option in the sense of letting both go - yet - it could still be a similar ending as well - with more to come..............

WTA supposedly being filmed Valentine's Day weekend

ATFR should be last week of Feb - close to March 1st - final show
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Deege111;3806180;
    If the situation of so many women housed together, competing for the same man, causes this much opinionated banter here on FoRT, just imagine what it creates while actually living through it. No wonder the claws come out. I'm sure there were plenty of snarky comments flying around the mansion on a regular basis by all the women. TPTB probably had plenty of ammunition to create a "b***h" out of almost any of them. The question is why did they choose Ali as the focus, unless it is to set up some specific future agenda (reason for Ali leaving, show sympathy for Vienna as the victim, all-out cat fight?). IDK
    Good point, and really good question. I guess we'll find out! The nice thing is it has saved what, to me, seemed destined to be a verrrry boring season.

Mulling over some things. It seems to me that the only one with a flawless edit is Gia. The only doubt thrown in is that Jake feels that she is out of his league. Could it be her that Jake goes for after the FR? I know this is sheer speculation but what of her amazing edit? What of Jake saying that their date was the beginning of a fairytale (said in the preview)?

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3806188;
    Deege111, you make a very good point. Especially since Chris Harrison made a point to note that EVERYONE love Ali. So the "good girl" edit was set up for her from the beginning. Conversely, Vienna was attached to her "spoiled rich girl" video right out the gate, which turned out to be false - the rich girl, socialite part.

It just seems that everyone's projected role is turned upside down. I am hoping that next week will answer some questions, or at least give us more insight.
    Is it possible that the producers had also slotted Vienna for a role in the show at the beginning? They had her make that video before the show,and as you said, it made her seem to be someone that she is not.
    At the end of the first night, Chris asked Jake about Vienna, desribing her as "aggressive". Jake then differed with Chris. He said that Vienna was a beautiful girl, they did not have deep conversation yet, but he was "intrigued". Chris seemed visibly surprised by Jake's take on Vienna. Maybe the so called "story board" had under gone a change that first night.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3806206;
    But don't forget that Deanna had no redemption until her HT date either, and even that didn't help her. Since Vienna's personality is a matter of personal perception, I am not sure that, other than many people not liking her, that is a basis for disqualiying her as F1.
    People didn't like Jesse/Jason, didn't like Melissa/Molly, didn't like Shayne/Chelsea, didn't like Ed - yet none of that, including their edits, eliminated them from being F1. Only, we have never had, including Brad, such a discouraged bachelor.
    ITA with this.. we are seeing so little of the actual interaction between all the girls and Jake that at the moment it is hard to really piece together the truth of why he will make the choice he makes at the the end. It really is up to the bach/bachette to choose whom they think is best for them.

It's an 8-episode arc. We are not even at the mid point. They haven't even introduced all the "main" characters (Gia -- next episode -- will be the first time all 4 "finalists" have a storyline), so it's a bit early to be resolving conflicts and "redeeming." Ali is a "head fake" that it's easy to fall for -- she will lend a dramatic exit and then disappear.

The only "real" story line to watch IMO is the one involving the Bachelor and each girl. The girl on girl stuff is filler to get through these early episodes, and set up characters. This show doesn't settle into those storylines until hometown date episode IMO. And then there's some (dumb) "resolution" of it all during alone time conversations in some exotic destination.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3806166;
    Of course there are! You think this is Cinderella? Possibly.

Perhaps he finds his princess, she leaves without her shoe, and he has to go find her again ... ... wonder if he found the right foot
    Very interesting! From the beginning I have wondered if the twist this season is that someone leaves and he chases after her -- as opposed to Jillian's season, where Ed left and returned seemingly on his own volition.

However, I am not sure that someone is Ali.

Another thought -- could that dead rose on his bed be the rose Vienna did not accept, because as she said, she doesn't want a rose at the end, she wants a ring.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3806249;
    It's an 8-episode arc. We are not even at the mid point. They haven't even introduced all the "main" characters (Gia -- next episode -- will be the first time all 4 "finalists" have a storyline), so it's a bit early to be resolving conflicts and "redeeming." Ali is a "head fake" that it's easy to fall for -- she will lend a dramatic exit and then disappear.

The only "real" story line to watch IMO is the one involving the Bachelor and each girl. The girl on girl stuff is filler to get through these early episodes, and set up characters. This show doesn't settle into those storylines until hometown date episode IMO. And then there's some (dumb) "resolution" of it all during alone time conversations in some exotic destination.
    Look at Reid's storyline last season. We only had small segments of him until his 1:1 (epi right before HTD's). That is when his story took off - and lasted right until the end.

I think we will see an advancement with Tenley this week. Her storyline will build in preparation for Ali's departure. I bet her SQT with Jake at the Madonna Inn could be where we see a kiss with her that is a little more passionate. Tenley is filling the character in the storyline that Jake describes as what he wants in a woman. In comparison once again to last season, Jill described a man with alot of characteristics Reid had; i.e., appreciative of art, architecture, fine wine, recognized importance of family, etc. There were many that were stumped because Jill seemed to describe Reid to a T, and then selected someone different. This season Tenley fits alot of Jake's descriptors, but we know that is not what he will select in the end. When Jake rejects Tenley at FRC and Vienna is the last one standing, many will be shocked before Vienna even gets out of the limo.