Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by northlandnz;3806164;
    And in a fairytale aren't there often wicked stepsisters? :-)
    Of course there are! You think this is Cinderella? Possibly.

Perhaps he finds his princess, she leaves without her shoe, and he has to go find her again ... ... wonder if he found the right foot
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Jelle I wholeheartedly agree with you about the tendency to refuse any criticism of a favourite...but have come to realize that this is what the show creates and thrives on at this point. That's why I tend not to have favourites, and frankly look instead for the pluses and minuses of all of the characters on the show. The world is rarely black and white. We get to see edited snippets of their characters, and it would be far too simplistic, if you ask me, to rely on these snippets as the 100% truth about their characters...even those we see as the craziest, the cattiest, the snottiest ... all of them have good qualities, I'm sure. As I said earlier, Ali's edited persona shows her to be catty and the leader of the mean-girl pack but I'm sure she's got great qualities too, since most of the girls seem to like her. Can't the same be true for Vienna? If they edit Ali to be something many think she is *not* then isn't there a chance they can edit Vienna to be worse than she probably is? If the girls already off the show are saying it wasn't as bad as it appears, then can't we offer Vienna a smidgen of doubt that she's as bad as all that?

It's late, I'm tired and probably not making a lot of sense. Usually this kind of division occurs between the F1 and F2, so that is, again, what's confusing me. If Ali does in fact leave at F4, then yeah I guess Tenley is going to have to step it up in some way over the next week or so to take over the conflict with Vienna. If Tenley is as sweet as they seem to be making her out to be, how does the edit play out with her an Vienna? It's so confusing!!

Quote Originally Posted by northlandnz;3806164;
    And in a fairytale aren't there often wicked stepsisters? :-)
    In Cinderlla - yes. But if Vienna is the F1 - the story should be about her and right now the editing isn't positioning her as a princess.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3806168;
    Jelle I wholeheartedly agree with you about the tendency to refuse any criticism of a favourite...but have come to realize that this is what the show creates and thrives on at this point. That's why I tend not to have favourites, and frankly look instead for the pluses and minuses of all of the characters on the show. The world is rarely black and white. We get to see edited snippets of their characters, and it would be far too simplistic, if you ask me, to rely on these snippets as the 100% truth about their characters...even those we see as the craziest, the cattiest, the snottiest ... all of them have good qualities, I'm sure. As I said earlier, Ali's edited persona shows her to be catty and the leader of the mean-girl pack but I'm sure she's got great qualities too, since most of the girls seem to like her. Can't the same be true for Vienna? If they edit Ali to be something many think she is *not* then isn't there a chance they can edit Vienna to be worse than she probably is? If the girls already off the show are saying it wasn't as bad as it appears, then can't we offer Vienna a smidgen of doubt that she's as bad as all that?

It's late, I'm tired and probably not making a lot of sense. Usually this kind of division occurs between the F1 and F2, so that is, again, what's confusing me. If Ali does in fact leave at F4, then yeah I guess Tenley is going to have to step it up in some way over the next week or so to take over the conflict with Vienna. If Tenley is as sweet as they seem to be making her out to be, how does the edit play out with her an Vienna? It's so confusing!!
    I agree with the first bolded.

The second bolded - they may start setting that up this week as in the preview we had a clip where Vienna says she'd rather ride a motorcylce behind the RV than be with Ali and Tenley. So, obvious tension with Tenley as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3806145;
    Gia has. Look at the faces of the girls. I don't think it's that super dramatic, but they are clearly irritated.

Gia and Ashleigh did make negative comments about V.

If the situation of so many women housed together, competing for the same man, causes this much opinionated banter here on FoRT, just imagine what it creates while actually living through it. No wonder the claws come out. I'm sure there were plenty of snarky comments flying around the mansion on a regular basis by all the women. TPTB probably had plenty of ammunition to create a "b***h" out of almost any of them. The question is why did they choose Ali as the focus, unless it is to set up some specific future agenda (reason for Ali leaving, show sympathy for Vienna as the victim, all-out cat fight?). IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Brendaavon;3806174;
    Gia and Ashleigh did make negative comments about V.
    I know Asleigh did, but what did Gia say that was negative about Vienna?

Deege111, you make a very good point. Especially since Chris Harrison made a point to note that EVERYONE love Ali. So the "good girl" edit was set up for her from the beginning. Conversely, Vienna was attached to her "spoiled rich girl" video right out the gate, which turned out to be false - the rich girl, socialite part.

It just seems that everyone's projected role is turned upside down. I am hoping that next week will answer some questions, or at least give us more insight.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

One thing that definitely does not jive is that TPTB are/have not trying to resolve the conflicts involving Vienna if she is the true F1 - in the up-coming epi - she still comes off as a snot - no redemption still - and the season will be at the 1/2 way point - do they plan on redeeming her on the HTD?!? - uummmm when she no longer is with any of the other gals - except for RC's?!? ........that is the ONLY way they will be able to redeem her at all - at this point - and I really can understand Jake's position - he is not privy to alot of the crap going on...........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Ya know that VO that we hear Jake say about he knows who it is and hopes she says yes?!?!? Sorry - but that would the corker of ALL corkers - if he was actually saying that to Vienna at the end

I know - I know - that is mean - but hey
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON