Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3805832;
    Because Ali is giving them the material to use. And, lots of it
    Actually that is not the case - ALL are giving material to use - the editors have chosen Ali as a scape-goat so to speak - to build up her story line as to why she is leaving - Ali is really not what the edit attempted to show - very creative editor was able to input other scenes in such a way as to make it appear that Ali is the bad guy - when in reality - she isn't - and if you watch the show again - and concentrate on just Ali - it can be picked out quite easily - the editors accomplished something that has made her appear to be something else - and the unknowning fans have turned tail on her only because of how the clips have been presented

Basically - Ali is getting a very bad wrap
    Last edited by Capegal; 01-23-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3805838;
    Actually that is not the case - ALL are giving material to use - the editors have chosen Ali as a scape-goat so to speak - to build up her story line as to why she is leaving - Ali is really not what the edit attempted to show - very creative editor was able to input other scenes in such a way as to make it appear that Ali is the bad guy - when in reality - she isn't - and if you watch the show again - and concentrate on just Ali - it can be picked out quite easily - the editors accomplished something that has made her appear to be something else - and the unknowning fans have turned tail on her only because of how the clips have been presented
    We do not know Ali personally to know she is something else. I just know what I watch. We know, if we do not give them the sound bite they cannot use it. Ali may not be as big a bully as she is potrayed, but she sure is giving them an opportunity to use her for entertainment.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3805838;

Basically - Ali is getting a very bad wrap
    Thank you for pointing this out. I rewatched it & focused on Ali. You are right. Vienna supposedly didn't understand what she did wrong & Ali was pretty patient trying to explain it. She wasn't being a mean girl but it might look that way to people who only watch the show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3805851;
    Thank you for pointing this out. I rewatched it & focused on Ali. You are right. Vienna supposedly didn't understand what she did wrong & Ali was pretty patient trying to explain it. She wasn't being a mean girl but it might look that way to people who only watch the show.
    I think if you watched the show, that's exactly what you got. At least my ABC affiliate showed that version. :-D

I don't know where all this mean girl stuff was coming from, it is certainly not backed up by the aired video, the aired audio or the comments of anyone who's left the show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3805853;
    I think if you watched the show, that's exactly what you got. At least my ABC affiliate showed that version. :-D

I don't know where all this mean girl stuff was coming from, it is certainly not backed up by the aired video, the aired audio or the comments of anyone who's left the show.
    I watch the show with a few girlfriends & one guy friend. No one thinks that Ali is a mean girl & they think that Vienna is manipulative. Our guy friend says that Gia is way out of Jake's league, that Tenley isn't ready for anything serious yet & Ali is the girl you bring home to meet mom. He says Vienna is just a "hit it quick & leave it fast" girl.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3805861;
    I watch the show with a few girlfriends & one guy friend. No one thinks that Ali is a mean girl & they think that Vienna is manipulative. Our guy friend says that Gia is way out of Jake's league, that Tenley isn't ready for anything serious yet & Ali is the girl you bring home to meet mom. He says Vienna is just a "hit it quick & leave it fast" girl.

ROFLMAO

Leave it to a guy to cut through all the cr@p and give it to us straight.

I think he's right on all counts.

FORT Fogey

Jelle made a very good point in that this show no longer ends at FRC. It has spilled over into ATFR, ATFR1 and with last season, into the media. (I am one who believes that ABC played a part in how that information became mainstream. There was a reason the g/f info was not a major storyline on the show.)

Anyhow, with last season's precedence, I can only imagine what could happen post-FRC this season. Depending on what TPTB have on Vienna, they could be extremely happy when Jake selects her as F1. Here's their opportunity to blow last season out of the water. Is that perhaps why Jake is the way he is in interviews? Is that why Vienna has been portrayed the way she has, at the centre of controversy and drama? Is that why TPTB keep hammering the message to us that nobody in the house likes her. In the end, Ali's confrontations with her might only be sub-plot and make for good storytelling along the way to generate sustained interest in the characters to the end. Maybe Jake's right and it's going to get juicier, except it's really going to be post-show!

This is theory only, and maybe TPTB have nothing on Vienna they want the world to know. It's just a possibility to explain the edit she is getting.

question... we all know Ali left at F4 and was seen at home but does anybody know if she "disappeared" again... you know, like Ed did
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3805869;
    Jelle made a very good point in that this show no longer ends at FRC. It has spilled over into ATFR, ATFR1 and with last season, into the media. (I am one who believes that ABC played a part in how that information became mainstream. There was a reason the g/f info was not a major storyline on the show.)

Anyhow, with last season's precedence, I can only imagine what could happen post-FRC this season. Depending on what TPTB have on Vienna, they could be extremely happy when Jake selects her as F1. Here's their opportunity to blow last season out of the water. Is that perhaps why Jake is the way he is in interviews? Is that why Vienna has been portrayed the way she has, at the centre of controversy and drama? Is that why TPTB keep hammering the message to us that nobody in the house likes her. In the end, Ali's confrontations with her might only be sub-plot and make for good storytelling along the way to generate sustained interest in the characters to the end. Maybe Jake's right and it's going to get juicier, except it's really going to be post-show!

This is theory only, and maybe TPTB have nothing on Vienna they want the world to know. It's just a possibility to explain the edit she is getting.
    I remember up until Brad's season, the show was boring and uneventful. Ratings had plummeted and in order to keep the show going they had to change the "story" and add in more drama. I think this season was in reality a very dull and uneventful like the early seasons. Jake is a good guy, with morales and values. The producers know they can't showcase sugar and spice and everything nice sliding over rainbows..because it doesn't bring in ratings/viewer or money. So to make it interesting and keep the viewers tuned in they focused on whatever controversy they could.

FORT Fan

We do know that Ali leaves whether it's on her own or because Jake cuts her. This could explain the edit she's receiving. If she leaves on her own and tells Jake it's because of Vienna, then I can't see that she cared enough about him. I would see that as someone taking a hissy fit because things weren't going her way. If her parents give her grief over Jake (similar to Bettina) then I still couldn't see her as the one for Jake.
    If Jake cuts her, then we know how he feels about her at the time. She was supposed to have been seen in her area at the time of the FRC. The only way she could be F1 is after the show and Jake would have to reject both his F1 and F2. I personally wouldn't enjoy another of those moments where the F1 is chosen after the show. From the little I know of Ali, I wouldn't think this is something she would do.
    From the perspective of DeAnna's season, Jason went on to pick Molly, a person more in keeping with DeAnna's character than Melissa's. Jake liked Jillian, who was a bit vulgar and rough edged, and out of his F4, Vienna is the most similar to Jillian in personality.