Page 124 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1277

Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3828817;
    We may not see the bench or Jake gazing wistfully towards the horizon at the chopper. We'll probably gets lots of shots from different angles of Jake leaning over the railing doing the Mesnick.
    In all likelihood, well get the bench since this is where hell say good-bye to Gia. Although we may not get the alone shot with him. Well see.

Looking forward to the Mesnick.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3828817;
    .... We'll probably gets lots of shots from different angles of Jake leaning over the railing doing the Mesnick.
    The thing about Jason's railing episode is that the guy literally was torn in two by sending Molly home ... the girl he's about to marry. Jake copying that move is fake and ridiculous -- because we know he wasn't feeling real emotion on talking to Jillian at the hotel, etc. Jason looked ridiculous ... because he had those emotions sincerely and still went through with a televised proposal of marriage to another girl. That is laughable. But crying over the balcony wasn't screen direction ... it was how Jason felt --it's an example of the reality TV format working -- get dramatic unplanned footage by putting humans in unreal situations and conflicts. Apart from their usual pressuring and mind games to get him in a place mentally where he was going to propose to Melissa on the final day (so they'd get a picture perfect finale), the producers did not set up Jason's switch. It just happened.

I must say that I agree with Chris Harrison and Mike Fleiss statements that viewers now assume that everything is fake, when only some of it is fake. This is a reality TV format. They would prefer to air something real and spontaneous and unplanned every time. But they have many plans and manipulations along the way to be sure that enough footage is generated that they can portrary as dramatic or scandalous or (God forbid) romantic in the event that nothing spontaneously so happens during filming.

Jake should feel bad/sad about sending Gia home -- she seems much more sincere and appealing than any of us gave her credit for pre-season, when we learned about her modeling and dating history. I don't see much going on with Tenley to compete with whatever hold Vienna had on him post-overnight dates. In terms of the show, I think he was set on choosing Vienna by this point in filming, and the producers led him to keep Tenley over Gia because he it sets up a more dramatic choice for the finale: choosing the girl who is as "nice" as Jake is/was during Jillian's season, OR the "sexy" girl who is not nice at all (as portrayed on the televised entertainment).

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3828836;
    I must say that I agree with Chris Harrison and Mike Fleiss statements that viewers now assume that everything is fake, when only some of it is fake. This is a reality TV format. They would prefer to air something real and spontaneous and unplanned every time. But they have many plans and manipulations along the way to be sure that enough footage is generated that they can portrary as dramatic or scandalous or (God forbid) romantic in the event that nothing spontaneously so happens during filming.
    The problem is, they know what the real stuff is and they know what the not real/manipulated stuff is. How is the viewer supposed to distinguish from the two, so most folks either believe its all real or its all fake.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Write;3828659;
    and have not seen a similar x pattern elsewhere (ie. only Cap Maison and Jakes bench). Coincidence? Im not sure.
    If that's a coincidence, I'll eat Jake's pilot hat.

Great comparisons, Mr. Write!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3828843;
    If that's a coincidence, I'll eat Jake's pilot hat.

Great comparisons, Mr. Write!
    I agree, great comparisons, and no coincidence. We spent hours last season trying to locate this bench (where Jillian said goodbye to Reid at F3) and never did. I think they brought it in from another location or rented it for the occasion.

I do think we'll see Jake walking Gia away, like we saw Jillian and Reid walking away.

This picture with Ed being dressed so differently makes me think of Vienna in the long gown vs. the other two in short dresses.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3828733;
    Corrie was a snazzy dresser, but who wears heels to stroll through a wooded park or to walk on a lumpy log? It looked a bit foolish as well as dangerous.

The consolation, though, is that by identifying the log and tree, the park was then identified, and we zeroed in on the last part of that episode. It still was great work!
    I read somwhere that Corrie said that the girls never knew exactly where their date would be but poduction would help them by categorizing the date as formal, dressy, causual dressy etc. I thought she looked lovely but I doubt that she would have worn heels had she known the specifics of her date.

Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3828995;
    I read somwhere that Corrie said that the girls never knew exactly where their date would be but poduction would help them by categorizing the date as formal, dressy, causual dressy etc. I thought she looked lovely but I doubt that she would have worn heels had she known the specifics of her date.
    Very true. I remember Tessa's friend saying that she had no say on her hometown date of what she could wear or even how she could wear her hair. Her hair was up, then down, then necklace on, then off, etc... all per the staff's instructions.

Maybe the same thing happened with Corrie too.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3828105;
    I don't remember the reference, but he was asked about past Bachelors, and he compared himself to Jason Mesnick. Somehow and for some reason, he relates to Jason. Maybe it is the crying over the rail bit, or maybe it is just the tendency to show emotion easily?
    Bloomer, he could mean that the last one standing is not his true F1. ETA: much like Jason's ending.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3828830;
    There's a few sc's that don't make sense to me. We've talked about the shorts changing colour from bathroom to bedroom in the phone call scene. But what about the tshirt..... the tshirt looks a bluish-green to me, a little on the aqua side and a crew neck, but the tshirt he wears on the helicopter looks more of a light blue and he has on the long dark blue shorts that we see in the phone clip. We see a clip of Jake wearing a light blue tshirt that is a v-neck on the balcony (also incorporated into the phone call set-up scene) and I think that's the one that Jake wears on the Tenley date. My point is that if Jake has on a v-neck tonight with Tenley, then the phone call could have been taped anytime and not the day of the Tenley date, like many are assuming. Also, if that is true, they've gone to great lengths to make it look like it occurred on that day, so could this have been the "reshoot" that was rumoured to have occurred Did Ali not call at all when Jake was in St Lucia and Fleiss talked them into pretending she called just to spice up the otherwise dud of a season?

nothing important in the grand scheme of things, but just something I've wondered about.
    I was wondering about the bolded also.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3828830;
    There's a few sc's that don't make sense to me. We've talked about the shorts changing colour from bathroom to bedroom in the phone call scene. But what about the tshirt..... the tshirt looks a bluish-green to me, a little on the aqua side and a crew neck, but the tshirt he wears on the helicopter looks more of a light blue and he has on the long dark blue shorts that we see in the phone clip. We see a clip of Jake wearing a light blue tshirt that is a v-neck on the balcony (also incorporated into the phone call set-up scene) and I think that's the one that Jake wears on the Tenley date. My point is that if Jake has on a v-neck tonight with Tenley, then the phone call could have been taped anytime and not the day of the Tenley date, like many are assuming. Also, if that is true, they've gone to great lengths to make it look like it occurred on that day, so could this have been the "reshoot" that was rumoured to have occurred Did Ali not call at all when Jake was in St Lucia and Fleiss talked them into pretending she called just to spice up the otherwise dud of a season?

nothing important in the grand scheme of things, but just something I've wondered about.
    I thought the same thing. I also noticed while Jake is cleaning up the bathroom when the phone rings it shows what I think is his red swimtrunks on the edge of the tub maybe drying off from his date with Vienna and the timing of the scene with Ali's call is to seem like it was only a few days after the Ali goodbye but it was much later and edited to seem like it was real.