Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

  1. #1201
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3826954;
    Thanks for the update. Still got my Sleuther training wheels on. Slow and steady
    veg_out, I think you're a great sleuther You can officially take those training wheels off and throw them in the garage!!

  2. #1202
    FORT Fan Nice'n'Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    217

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    With Vienna the last one standing, maybe Jake takes her hand and says Vienna, you are honest and caring. You and I are comfortable together and I feel you will always have my back.......... but........ I have seen how your honesty was perceived by all the women that were here and I thought they were jealous and just being catty. Then your family said that you've had to contend with that kind of jealousy your whole life, so I don't know how it will be different after today. I've been through eight weeks of it and I want a peaceful, harmonious life. I just can't take that much drama.
    Chris! Limo please.

  3. #1203
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3827408;
    veg_out, I think you're a great sleuther You can officially take those training wheels off and throw them in the garage!!
    Ryvetted, thank you so much Learning from quite a crew here

  4. #1204
    FORT Regular Beruthiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    133

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Seeing comments about what a good friendship there appears to be between Vienna and Jake, such as being so comfortable with each other for example, and that friendship must be there for love to follow makes me wonder... There are Valentine-related articles in our local paper and a it seems from a man's point of view that the words "best Friends" are the kiss of death to a romantic relationship. It means there ISN'T the romantic spark, no matter how much a couple might like each other as people. I'm not necessarily in agreement with that attitude, but I've heard if before from men, and not just from them feeling only the friendship vibe, but also from them wanting the woman but SHE sees them as only friends, to their chagrin.
    Funnily enough, in real life and in the classical romance movie it's those who fight like cat and dog who get together in the end because love and hate are the flip sides of the same coin, both mean that there are strong feelings involved between the two protagonists.
    I think you must be able to have fun together for a relationship to work, and lovers do play and tease each other, so it's a conundrum.
    I wonder what people mean when they say their partner is their best friend. Does it mean they can trust the partner completely, or that they have the most fun with said partner? Because it's not necessarily the same thing, and we know that Jake thinks his ideal partner must have his back, he said so. I guess we'll have to just wait to find out.
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

  5. #1205
    FORT Fan equus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    196

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Beruthiel;3827434;
    it seems from a man's point of view that the words "best Friends" are the kiss of death to a romantic relationship. It means there ISN'T the romantic spark, no matter how much a couple might like each other as people.
    They want both, the same way we want both.

    Its a known fact that first people must be physically attracted to each other in order to even converse - there is even a recent study out that babies (yes babies!) will hold their attention longer on an attractive face, and pay no attention to unattractive one. Guys dont want just a best friend, they want the package. Just like we do

    If at first they begin to talk and have something in common - with respect, thats where the process of best friends clicks in - and either its there or its not. Its not Love that keeps people together, "its having each others back" ~ having respect and commitment to look out for each other. Attractive people dont have affairs if they have their partners back, even when they are tempted, because they will not hurt their partners. But attractive people attract people all the time, even other attractive ones, so they have to have more then just love for their partner, they have to have the whole package to stay in it.

    But as im wirting this my husband just came in and had to share that he is the "red green " of hose clamps...he fixed the muffler on the old car and his snowshoes this morning so at this moment I am is best friend lol tonight on our dinner date i will be his hot wife....

  6. #1206
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,970

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3827416;
    With Vienna the last one standing, maybe Jake takes her hand and says Vienna, you are honest and caring. You and I are comfortable together and I feel you will always have my back.......... but........ I have seen how your honesty was perceived by all the women that were here and I thought they were jealous and just being catty. Then your family said that you've had to contend with that kind of jealousy your whole life, so I don't know how it will be different after today. I've been through eight weeks of it and I want a peaceful, harmonious life. I just can't take that much drama.
    Chris! Limo please.
    A real possibility. Makes the most sense if he were to reject her in the end. Bbbuuuuut, how does that fit with CH's (possibly misleading) Spectacular FRC? Are they saying anything just to get viewers to just tune in for sweeps week for ratings?

  7. #1207
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3827823;
    A real possibility. Makes the most sense if he were to reject her in the end. Bbbuuuuut, how does that fit with CH's (possibly misleading) Spectacular FRC? Are they saying anything just to get viewers to just tune in for sweeps week for ratings?
    Why would this (FRC)night be any different?
    It's ratings all the time, everytime.
    I can't imagine them ever saying "and next week: will the most boring, milk toast bachelor stumble and mumble his way through the most smack- your -head- against -the wall and kill-me-now-please, tedious Final Rose Ceremony? Will Walter Mitty --er Jake-- finally succeed in throwing himself over the balcony rather than face-it-like-a-real-man-who-doesn't-need-an-unlimited-supply-of-tissues in order to get through rejecting the last of the 25 women and offer his final rose to the notorious Ryan Callahan?"

    We can only hope. That might be spectacular. The helicopter is a medivac.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

  8. #1208
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3827870;
    Why would this (FRC)night be any different?
    It's ratings all the time, everytime.
    I can't imagine them ever saying "and next week: will the most boring, milk toast bachelor stumble and mumble his way through the most smack- your -head- against -the wall and kill-me-now-please, tedious Final Rose Ceremony? Will Walter Mitty --er Jake-- finally succeed in throwing himself over the balcony rather than face-it-like-a-real-man-who-doesn't-need-an-unlimited-supply-of-tissues in order to get through rejecting the last of the 25 women and offer his final rose to the notorious Ryan Callahan?"

    We can only hope. That might be spectacular. The helicopter is a medivac.
    No but it would be hilarious if they did! I would tune in just for the ending

  9. #1209
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by SoftballMama;3827245;
    Now that caps are posted from Jake and V's FD, I recall a post earlier this season where someone speculated that Jake likes V because "she makes him feel young." The video of them playing on the ship may be evidence of that!!
    I was under the impression that Jake came there for a wife, not a playmate. I think he is as immature as Vienna is, so I think he might has made the right choice. He also has a quick temper. I think Ali, Tenley anad Gia might have had a very lucky escape.

  10. #1210
    FORT Fan Nice'n'Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    217

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Fantasy Dates ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Seeker said:
    A real possibility. Makes the most sense if he were to reject her in the end. Bbbuuuuut, how does that fit with CH's (possibly misleading) Spectacular FRC? Are they saying anything just to get viewers to just tune in for sweeps week for ratings?

    I posted before I had read about the Spectacular FRC (per Chris). I'm coming up empty for a Spectacular scenario. So Jake chooses no one or he chooses Vienna, does or does not propose, and Vienna accepts or does not accept - not spectacular. Ali comes back and he chooses her? Also not spectacular but not ordinary either.

    *I don't think Ali will come back.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.