Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

I try to focus on the edit, and to do so, I need to be as objective as possible. I could see that Vienna had plenty of faults, and I could see that Ali was being edited as leader of the pack against Vienna ( who did bring a lot of it on herself). Ali is one of those charismatic folks that others follow, and soon she had others lined up with her against Vienna. Ali went from sunny, fun and joyful to vindictive.
    To Ali's benefit, I don't think she realized how bad that looked until she saw herself on tv at the same time we saw it. To that extent, I do believe she was sorry that she had been so ugly. She did say she was a blunt person.

One of the things that I think the editors did this season is to go overboard, and now they have to backtrack and try to repair what they overtrashed in the edit. They made Ali too harsh and too whiney and manipulative in that crying spell. That may have worked well for the drama they wanted to accomplish this season, but now they have to go back and try to "repair" Ali in order to make her more acceptable to be the new Bachelorette. Thus, she apologized (which I really do think she meant after she "saw" herself) and became softer. They will continue to do more things to rebuild that more positive image that Ali started with at the beginning of the season. imo

Thanks for posting, and please continue!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-25-2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by winnpoober;3839609;
    In the beginning I liked Ali very much but when she showed her true colors and started to talk bad about Vienna I could see that there is that nasty side of her much nastier than Vienna. As far as her apology at the WTA, I don't buy it. Not sincere to me. Sorry. I will even go as far as TPTB made her say that to prepare for becoming the next Bachelorette. As terrible a past, as immature as she is, I too will pick Vienna over any of them because at least she never pretended to be anyone else but herself...flaws and all among other things. Throw me your tomatoes now.

As far as Ali being the next Bachelorette, good luck to her. I hope she finds her mate as obviously it isn't Jake.
    Well, technically she isn't a blonde with big tatas.

You may want to review her introduction video.

The fact that she is so uncomfortable in her own skin and so embarrassed about who she genuinely is, is one of the things I find offputting about her.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3839624;
    Well, technically she isn't a blonde with big tatas.

You may want to review her introduction video.

The fact that she is so uncomfortable in her own skin and so embarrassed about who she genuinely is, is one of the things I find offputting about her.
    What was fake about her intro? She is a fun loving girl and that's what I saw on her intro.

Why do you say she's uncomfortable in her own skin and embarrassed about who she genuinely is? Are you referring to her physical characteristics or something else?

You do think it's rather strange to pretend that you're a spoiled, wealthy heiress when you are in fact from a middle class working family? There's nothing wrong with her family, yet her introduction distances her from them, and that's because of her discomfort.

She's also obviously got some physical characteristics that are more "pretend" than real, but I really wasn't referring to that and I really could care less about it.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3839648;
    You do think it's rather strange to pretend that you're a spoiled, wealthy heiress when you are in fact from a middle class working family? There's nothing wrong with her family, yet her introduction distances her from them, and that's because of her discomfort.

She's also obviously got some physical characteristics that are more "pretend" than real, but I really wasn't referring to that and I really could care less about it.
    It just looked like a fun piece to me. We've seen photos of her IRL where she's looks like she's quite comfortable with her middle class status. Do we have anything that indicates she trys to create a persona in her real life that would give others a false impression of her social class? There's nothing wrong with wanting move up in life and I don't see anything wrong with having fun with an intro tape for a TV show.

No it's all good, and of course everybody has their own opinion.

I work with dozens of women who watch this show and don't follow FORT. And EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM can't stand her, and guess why???? Her introduction was ridiculous. Even my husband who never watches - watched the first episode, and couldn't believe how ridiculous this girl was. A Paris Hilton wanna be.

Her immaturity shines through each and every week. Who cares what the tabloids are saying -- most of my friends don't read the tabloids -- she is a product of her edit. Now if they were to show her free spirited (and times they did), it would have been fine. But car crashes, dressing up dogs, daddy's little princess on night 1 -- well she was doomed.

Once again, Vienna is a product of the edit. She was an easy target for the media. EASY!!!! If Jake and Vienna are happy good for them -- I don't know them and never will. I appreciate Bloomers objectivity -- but its really hard to be objective when they are throwing this immature girl in our faces....Not very likeable, but remember this JMO
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-25-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3839666;
    Okay here is one incoming tomato...lol. No it's all good, and of course everybody has their own opinion.
    I work with dozens of women who watch this show and don't follow FORT. And EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM can't stand her, and guess why???? Her introduction was ridiculous. Even my husband who never watches - watched the first episode, and couldn't believe how ridiculous this girl was. A Paris Hilton wanna be.

Her immaturity shines through each and every week. Who cares what the tabloids are saying -- most of my friends don't read the tabloids -- she is a product of her edit. Now if they were to show her free spirited (and times they did), it would have been fine. But car crashes, dressing up dogs, daddy's little princess on night 1 -- well she was doomed.

Once again, Vienna is a product of the edit. She was an easy target for the media. EASY!!!! If Jake and Vienna are happy good for them -- I don't know them and never will. I appreciate Bloomers objectivity -- but its really hard to be objective when they are throwing this immature girl in our faces....Not very likeable, but remember this JMO
    It is all good - I agree. Everyone takes differently to different people. Vienna is not everyone's cup of tea and I can understand that. Last season when I found myself really loving Reid I thought I'd be the only one and then I found all these people here on FORT that loved him too. I was really surprised. This season the offbeat one isn't the favorite and yet here I am again liking the one that's quite different from the rest. Although I liked a lot of the other girls too.

BTW - you know I can't not comment on your Avatar He is my man! Seriously - I am in love with Roger. I've been wanting to use a pic of him for my Avatar but I have to wait till TB is over. His French Open win was beyond sweet

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3839674;
    It is all good - I agree. Everyone takes differently to different people. Vienna is not everyone's cup of tea and I can understand that. Last season when I found myself really loving Reid I thought I'd be the only one and then I found all these people here on FORT that loved him too. I was really surprised. This season the offbeat one isn't the favorite and yet here I am again liking the one that's quite different from the rest. Although I liked a lot of the other girls too.

BTW - you know I can't not comment on your Avatar He is my man! Seriously - I am in love with Roger. I've been wanting to use a pic of him for my Avatar but I have to wait till TB is over. His French Open win was beyond sweet
    Yes Yes I was big Reid fan too....The one thing about FORT almost always people are respectful of each other's opinion....

Had to say something related to Bachelor, but I just realized you have Roger's saying. I have seen that all season and I love it!!!! I don't want this to turn into another Tiger scandal, but the truth of the matter is....HE IS MY MAN!!!! I LOVE ROGER!!! LOL....

Okay back to sleuthing or posting or bit**ing.....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3839666;
    No it's all good, and of course everybody has their own opinion.

I think that whole intro of vienna was cooked up by the producers and Vienna went along with it, meaning she was naive enough to trust the producers. Maybe she didn't realize how it was actually going to look.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-25-2010 at 10:30 AM.

FORT Fanatic

I agree, I liked Ali at the beginning too. But her hostility towards V was, manipulative editing for not, most immature and not nice. Ali made herself look bad. Especially in the screencaps that show her shooting glaring looks at V. I'm sure the producers provoked some of it, but I think in general that is just how Ali is. I think Ali showed her true colors. There are screen caps to prove it. LOL

No, I dont want to see Ali as the next contestant on this show. But, then again, if she were to act immature like that or throw more hissy fits in front of the guys - I'd love to see their reactions!!! LOL I think a season with Ali would be crazy close to that other crazy lady's season, where she threw a fit because she felt the guys were giving her enough attention or something stupid like that.

Ali forgot something, Karma's a b____.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-25-2010 at 10:31 AM.