Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3839568;
    I remember we discussed this earlier this season didn't we. I feel the same. We get ripped off on seeing the real love story because they're so busy trying to create drama and bring in the viewers. It would be really nice for the fans if ABC would give us a closer look at the couples journey together once the season wraps - assuming things are in a good place at the end.
    I'd like to see a full 20-30 minutes of the ATFR be the stuff off of the editing room floor. All the stuff we didn't get to see. Some of what Jake saw. A reason to believe this relationship is real and will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3839542;
    Me too.I never really saw the connection between Jake and Vienna and I just keep thinking that if they had been more focused on showing Jake and Vienna's connection rather than the Vienna/Ali feud,I might have actually seen "it" between the two of them.
    It would have been so much easier to watch too. All that drama was really unpleasant. I just couldn't wait for the girls to get out from under the same roof. I wonder what demographic this show is shooting for? I did not enjoy the first few weeks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3839568;
    I remember we discussed this earlier this season didn't we. I feel the same. We get ripped off on seeing the real love story because they're so busy trying to create drama and bring in the viewers. It would be really nice for the fans if ABC would give us a closer look at the couples journey together once the season wraps - assuming things are in a good place at the end.
    Yes, and I keep hoping that TPTB will finally show us the story. Its a pipe dream though. I'm a big girl and realize that, but can't they just show us more of the fun stuff we've missed thanks to their edit?

I still want to see a love story.... MF are you listening? Of course not!
    Last edited by MsDll; 02-25-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3839573;
    I'd like to see a full 20-30 minutes of the ATFR be the stuff off of the editing room floor. All the stuff we didn't get to see. Some of what Jake saw. A reason to believe this relationship is real and will last.
    Yep, maybe they'll hear us and do something about it. Very little of any substance is actually shown on our TV sets.

ETA: MsDll - just saw your post. I would think most viewers would agree with this. Maybe we should start a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3839578;
    Yep, maybe they'll hear us and do something about it. Very little of any substance is actually shown on our TV sets.

ETA: MsDll - just saw your post. I would think most viewers would agree with this. Maybe we should start a campaign.
    The Fleismeister has made it pretty clear - last year in an interview - that the drama sells - doesn't really care about the love story - so I don't expect to the wonderful love story that many want
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3839586;
    The Fleismeister has made it pretty clear - last year in an interview - that the drama sells - doesn't really care about the love story - so I don't expect to the wonderful love story that many want
    I know. I can't understand why the ratings were so high this season. I guess the drama is what sells and for the most part it's what turns me off. A little bit of drama and tension is fine but it was off the charts this season. Just too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3839592;
    I know. I can't understand why the ratings were so high this season. I guess the drama is what sells and for the most part it's what turns me off. A little bit of drama and tension is fine but it was off the charts this season. Just too much for me.
    I think you can thank Roz and Vienna. My unspoiled friend and her daughter watched the first episodes because they wanted to know about "that affair that was going on" and the rest of it "to see whether he kept that [insert pejorative here] girl."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3839541;
    Yes, she does and I just wish that this season's edit hadn't been the trash V edit. I would have loved to see more sc's of Jake and Vienna happy and in love, rather than the Ali and Vienna feud. I'm hoping they show us more of the fun stuff with them on the ATFR. They did that with Andrew and Jen. Hoping here that they give us more again!

I agree, MsDll. I remember those scenes from Jen and Andrew, (and this is bad) especially the laughs about Andrew farting in front of Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballMama;3839608;
    I agree, MsDll. I remember those scenes from Jen and Andrew, (and this is bad) especially the laughs about Andrew farting in front of Jen.
    Not bad, lol. I remember them too. I think there was burping also involved in the limo on their FSD. I want to see more 'real' interaction like they show on the blooper reel at the WTA. Come on Fleiss, give it to us!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3839541;
    Yes, she does and I just wish that this season's edit hadn't been the trash V edit. I would have loved to see more sc's of Jake and Vienna happy and in love, rather than the Ali and Vienna feud. I'm hoping they show us more of the fun stuff with them on the ATFR. They did that with Andrew and Jen. Hoping here that they give us more again!

I hope they do too!! I loved watching the deleted scene of them in the tunnels at the winery!