Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3833492;
    What would be the significance of the rose from the F3/2 ceremony? Why would he have it and why would he have kept it?
    Lots of people have been speculating what the meaning is behind the rose he keeps on his bed. Just trying to see if it matches anything and speculate what it could mean.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

I just don't get why jake would have that particular rose hanging over his bed - and by the by, what guy has a bed that looks that feminine???? And what guy freeze dries a rose and hangs it on said bed??? I'm sorry, this all seems too girly to me.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3833495;
    Lots of people have been speculating what the meaning is behind the rose he keeps on his bed. Just trying to see if it matches anything and speculate what it could mean.
    I don't see any particular significance about the F3/2, so I'm wondering what others see there. I'm asking if someone wants to "speculate what it could mean."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833496;
    I just don't get why jake would have that particular rose hanging over his bed - and by the by, what guy has a bed that looks that feminine???? And what guy freeze dries a rose and hangs it on said bed??? I'm sorry, this all seems too girly to me.
    HaHa! True, so true. I don't get why he has it either but it was stated from his ET interview, where this was seen, that that rose stays there. To me, it looks like the one he gave Vienna at the F3/F2 RC. Just trying to figure out the why...........Too strange.....

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3833498;
    I don't see any particular significance about the F3/2, so I'm wondering what others see there. I'm asking if someone wants to "speculate what it could mean."
    Sentimental value??? Even though Vienna is the last one standing at the FRC, maybe she doesn't get the rose?? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833496;
    Thinking that whole rose over bed issue is one of those producer ploys.
    "Hey Jake wouldn't it be cool if you kept that rose from ____________and then used it for your intro to the show? Very sentimental, especially if you did something like hang it over your bed."

Hook, line and sinker.

I thought his bedroom looked very effeminate also.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

I'm a big picture kind of gal and these tedious little things like roses hanging over a bed mean nothing. When in any season has any of these little 'clues' ever turned out to mean anything?? Nothing....the only season I remember that the sleuthers really grappled with and was bang on about were the dog tags that Andy and Tessa had made for each other, but that took a lot of zooming on that podium to pick that up and identify. I can't imagine something as in your face as a rose hanging from a bed was anything but a teaser to intrigue the viewer. but, as always, I could be wrong.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833510;
    I'm a big picture kind of gal and these tedious little things like roses hanging over a bed mean nothing. When in any season has any of these little 'clues' ever turned out to mean anything?? Nothing....the only season I remember that the sleuthers really grappled with and was bang on about were the dog tags that Andy and Tessa had made for each other, but that took a lot of zooming on that podium to pick that up and identify. I can't imagine something as in your face as a rose hanging from a bed was anything but a teaser to intrigue the viewer. but, as always, I could be wrong.
    I tend to agree with you on this Anders. Jake never referred to that rose as having anything whatsoever to do with the show. He only said, "This rose actually sits right here." He never made any comment that it represented anything associated with his "journey" on TB. Way too much is being read into it IMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3833523;
    I tend to agree with you on this Anders. Jake never referred to that rose as having anything whatsoever to do with the show. He only said, "This rose actually sits right here." He never made any comment that it represented anything associated with his "journey" on TB. Way too much is being read into it IMO.
    He did say something along the line of: "yes, it's that rose" or "yes, that's the one" implying that we'd know the one he meant once the season was over....

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833510;
    They also showed the killer whale that Trista gave Ryan on her bed during a few PIs. I wasn't sleuthing then but remember thinking that surely she wouldn't be sleeping with it if he wasn't the final guy. (And I kept repeating that to myself whenever the edit threw Charlie as F1 at me.)

The more I think about it, the more I think the rose was just something silly they threw in there. I can't think of anyone who sleeps with their wedding bouquets or any such loving reminder hanging over their heads or from their bed. Just seems too odd to me--sure, they may save them but to hang them off the bed?? Nah...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time