Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

  1. #3091
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3826343;
    That was BodyHoliday in northern St. Lucia, so it should be this coming week.
    Thanks!

  2. #3092
    FORT Fogey BachNoFoolMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,724

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3825971;
    I am cracking up here!! I think this is absolutely deliberate...Remember Ed in what someone called the ice cream vendor suit? Well, Vienna is the odd one out dressed in that totally un-island long gown and standing in Ed's F1 position. Do I think both of them were put up to wearing those outfits? Heck yeah!!

    Also, folks, if you go back you will often see someone dressed in BLACK (odd choice for a tropical island). That one isn't F1.
    Like Chelsea in Matts season at the F3/2 ceremony wore long black gown. She looked hot as in temp wise.

  3. #3093
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3825911;
    Once upon a time, in a land far, far away,
    This might be true based on symmetrical length dresses or similar prints vs dark colors in a tropical setting, vs formal to informal attire.
    But this season it seems all girls are equally dressed inappropriately ugly for the setting, so it throws all past seasons to the dogs.
    Go figure.
    TPTB are getting tired of dealing with the dysfunctionally attired in a humid setting. Send in a personal shopper-please.
    Too late. Corrie already went home.

  4. #3094
    FORT Newbie inafog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    35

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3825855;
    Jake is going to replace Jasson as the most hated man in America for dumping Tenley...
    I think that Gia was breathing a sigh of relief and Tenley is the next one to leave.

    First time posting here (I believe) but I have enjoyed many countless hours of reading all of the posts.

  5. #3095
    FORT Regular inanookry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    50

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3825842;
    After they show the girls standing up for the RC, they show the whole part of Ali possibly coming back.

    Is it just me, or does it appear Jake is wearing pink lipstick and eye shadow in this picture. I know they wear makeup, but don't think you are supposed to be able to see it on the guys.

    Also, there has been a lot of discussion about the dresses the ladies wear. And it seems to me like people believe that the ladies bring all their own dresses along with them to choose from. Correct my if I am wrong, but I remember seeing a screencap not long ago that had credits rolling in it and it stated that the clothing came from Express...granted, this could just mean Jake's clothing sans his lifts. Seems to me that at some point, the show might start dressing the ladies though. For instance, the dress that Ali wears upon her exit from the show is a $300 Catherine Malandrino...which I highly doubt she happened to own and bring along with her. (Odd note: the dress Ali wears on her first night is actually a gown that Jillian wore during her season.)

  6. #3096
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,117

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3826400;
    Is it just me, or does it appear Jake is wearing pink lipstick and eye shadow in this picture. I know they wear makeup, but don't think you are supposed to be able to see it on the guys.

    Also, there has been a lot of discussion about the dresses the ladies wear. And it seems to me like people believe that the ladies bring all their own dresses along with them to choose from. Correct my if I am wrong, but I remember seeing a screencap not long ago that had credits rolling in it and it stated that the clothing came from Express...granted, this could just mean Jake's clothing sans his lifts. Seems to me that at some point, the show might start dressing the ladies though. For instance, the dress that Ali wears upon her exit from the show is a $300 Catherine Malandrino...which I highly doubt she happened to own and bring along with her. (Odd note: the dress Ali wears on her first night is actually a gown that Jillian wore during her season.)
    I can't tell about the makeup, but Jake certainly looks haggard in that SC. The experience is getting to him.

    The episode that credited Express for wardrobe was the same one that Gia and Vienna got a trunk of clothes to choose from for their castle date. I think that trunk of clothes is what Express contributed. I don't know about any of the rest of their wardrobe.l

  7. #3097
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3825971;
    I am cracking up here!! I think this is absolutely deliberate...Remember Ed in what someone called the ice cream vendor suit? Well, Vienna is the odd one out dressed in that totally un-island long gown and standing in Ed's F1 position. Do I think both of them were put up to wearing those outfits? Heck yeah!!

    Also, folks, if you go back you will often see someone dressed in BLACK (odd choice for a tropical island). That one isn't F1.
    Just a note on F3 lineup at the F3/F2 cut (I found a collage of F3/F2 lineups):
    PLo: (don't know the names but the middle girl in white went home. The F2 were in black)
    Andy: Tessa, Danielle, Bevin
    Matt: Shayne, Chelsea, Amanda
    Deanna: Jeremy, Jesse, Jason (?)
    Jason: Jill, Molly, Melissa (?)
    Jillian: Ed, Reid, Kip
    Jake: Vienna, Gia, Tenley

    Middle person tends to bow out at this point. Not sure if that's the trend across the bachelor/ette.

    P.S Reid looked gorgeous at the F3 RC. Wow.
    Last edited by veg_out; 02-12-2010 at 02:35 AM.

  8. #3098
    FORT Regular inanookry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    50

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3826403;
    I can't tell about the makeup, but Jake certainly looks haggard in that SC. The experience is getting to him.

    The episode that credited Express for wardrobe was the same one that Gia and Vienna got a trunk of clothes to choose from for their castle date. I think that trunk of clothes is what Express contributed. I don't know about any of the rest of their wardrobe.l
    That makes sense. I just remember seeing the screencap, but didn't know what episode it was from. Maybe the girls are given a stipend at the beginning to buy some clothes. Just seems to me some of them have some pretty expensive stuff. Most of what Gia wears is very expensive (Her coin earings from Ella's 1:1 date epi. were three or four hundred dollars), but Gia is a model who dated 2 professional athletes. But Ali owning a $300 dress? I certainly don't own anything so elaborate as that. And she wore another $300 BCBG dress earlier in the season. Corrie's had at least 3 Nicole Miller's which cost $475, $275, and $550, but of course she is in the fashion industry too. It just seems odd to me that these women could afford clothes like these.

  9. #3099
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3826408;
    Just a note on F3 lineup at the F3/F2 cut (I found a collage of F3/F2 lineups):
    PLo: (don't know the names but the middle girl in white went home. The F2 were in black)
    Andy: Tessa, Danielle, Bevin
    Matt: Shayne, Chelsea, Amanda
    Deanna: Jeremy, Jesse, Jason (?)
    Jason: Jill, Molly, Melissa (?)
    Jillian: Ed, Reid, Kip
    Jake: Vienna, Gia, Tenley

    Middle person tends to bow out at this point. Not sure if that's the trend across the bachelor/ette.

    P.S Reid looked gorgeous at the F3 RC. Wow.
    Lisa was the girl in the white dress in PLO's season. F3 Sadie and Jennifer were the F2 in black dresses.
    Last edited by sanlee; 02-12-2010 at 02:23 AM.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  10. #3100
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **ScreenCaps and Discussion** Spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3826412;
    But Ali owning a $300 dress? I certainly don't own anything so elaborate as that. And she wore another $300 BCBG dress earlier in the season. Corrie's had at least 3 Nicole Miller's which cost $475, $275, and $550, but of course she is in the fashion industry too. It just seems odd to me that these women could afford clothes like these.
    I think I read an interview with Jill in which she said she went into a bit of debt prior to Jason's season in amping up her wardrobe. When a Bach/Bach'ette becomes the lead, I *think* they're provided a stylist and wardrobe. Also, the participants do get perks, right? Like luggage/shirts/etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.