Page 278 of 281 FirstFirst ... 178228268269270271272273274275276277278279280281 LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 2808

Thread: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Re: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1;3833752;
    So how does someone who worked somewhere for a little over 3 months have vacation time. Don't you have to work there at least a year to be entitled to vacation time? Who gets that much vacation time working for so little time? I'm not familiar with employment law in California. I'm still not buying Ali's story about having to go back to work.
    This was all discussed somewhere around her a little while ago I think. Somebody said that FB gives their employees 21 vacation days a year and those days can start anytime after they get the job. Ali used every one of those vacation days to do the Bach if I remember right. It was the leave of absence that she confused herself with.

Thanks everyone for answering. I think I need to get myself a job at facebook!!

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3833757;
    This was all discussed somewhere around her a little while ago I think. Somebody said that FB gives their employees 21 vacation days a year and those days can start anytime after they get the job. Ali used every one of those vacation days to do the Bach if I remember right. It was the leave of absence that she confused herself with.
    She said she didn't read the information about leaves of absence and that was only available to employees after working there for one year.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1;3833752;
    So how does someone who worked somewhere for a little over 3 months have vacation time. Don't you have to work there at least a year to be entitled to vacation time? Who gets that much vacation time working for so little time? I'm not familiar with employment law in California. I'm still not buying Ali's story about having to go back to work.
    I work in a small office and our vacation started on day one. I can't imagine my employer would be happy if I took vacation right away but it was available. Several of the firms I have worked at had the same policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1;3833764;
    I believe a position has opened up recently

FORT Newbie

I wouldn't run out and apply to FB without a dose of reality. If she is in sales her compensation is based on quota and possibly some other objectives. You can't meet those if you aren't at work. Her boss is also compensated on how his/her team does each quarter and was probably not happy about this because it makes him/her look like he/she doesn't know how to hire dedicated, competent people. Sales people care about two things, money and winning. I can't believe the boss was at all happy about her leaving immediately after they wasted 3 months training her as it affects the ability to meet quota. Keep in mind this girl had no sales experience prior to this job so it is more likely (based on other companies and based on the picture of her work team being extremely young) that this is an entry level sales job and she is servicing the people who really do the sales.

Somewhere Ali says they gave her a leave of absense, but that doesn't guarantee her job when she wants back. I think she left the show because it was time for her to do so, and she quit her job because she was offered the bachelorette. I still say, if the ink on the contract isn't dry, she is not very smart. Things change quickly in Bachelor Land.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed1;3833764;
    You and me both.....wow.

FORT Fogey

I just think it's funny that a gal her age would say she's not in a relationship because she's always focused on her career. What??? How old are you??? And she has just left a job that she had only been with briefly? How focued is she on this career? Too bad she feels like she needs to make excuses for not being in a long-term relationship at 25, but her actions belie her reality.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyp123;3834451;
    I wouldn't run out and apply to FB without a dose of reality. If she is in sales her compensation is based on quota and possibly some other objectives. You can't meet those if you aren't at work. Her boss is also compensated on how his/her team does each quarter and was probably not happy about this because it makes him/her look like he/she doesn't know how to hire dedicated, competent people. Sales people care about two things, money and winning. I can't believe the boss was at all happy about her leaving immediately after they wasted 3 months training her as it affects the ability to meet quota. Keep in mind this girl had no sales experience prior to this job so it is more likely (based on other companies and based on the picture of her work team being extremely young) that this is an entry level sales job and she is servicing the people who really do the sales.
    Her job at FB was NOT an entry level position - just to clear that up.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON