Page 275 of 281 FirstFirst ... 175225265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280281 LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2808

Thread: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Re: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3833220;
    Part of the interview process to be the next bach/ette is being on the previous season and getting your heartbroken. I don't think it coincidence that we have not had new blood for a while... the "new blood" gets cast as a contestant first.
    They test market the product.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3833235;
    Not all contortionists are bimbos.
    Not all bimbos are contortionists………….
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833264;
    If all A is B and all B is C is all C A?

If all Contortionists are acrobats and all acrobats are athletes, all athletes are not contortionists.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3833314;
    If all A is B and all B is C is all C A?

If all Contortionists are acrobats and all acrobats are athletes, all athletes are not contortionists.
    Depends on how you draw your Venn diagrams. I think think that there is certain subset that are both contortionists and bimbos.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833264;
    I think that if one were to go into the bimbo trade, flexibility would be quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833144;
    I have no evidence or actual knowledge, but I believe Jake is lying – the leads are definitely compensated for their roles. We KNOW Stork had his medical bills paid off, we KNOW Deanna was compensated (and she was also paid to return to Jason’s season), we KNOW Jen was compensated to the tune of 60 grand, and we KNOW Jill only asked to be compensated for lost wages. RS has stated in his blog (for those who do or do not want to believe) that Ali (should she accept) will earn no less than $100,000 for appearing in her own season.

Having said all that – there is no way Jake appeared on Jillian’s season and performed his role ‘perfectly’ and wasn’t compensated handsomely either monetarily or for being the lead of this season (and maybe he was compensated monetarily for both roles) – and he was definitely compensated for his appearance. I always knew he was a bad actor and a liar, but this just confirms it to me.

Where’s sdl with his contract knowledge when you need him to confirm that the participants and leads do get paid??
    I remember reading last season either on this board or over at ABC home that the final four got paid $60k each for time off from work/lost wages compensation and that Jillian got an extra large $250K bonus was the amount I recall if she got a marriage proposal which is one reason she went with Ed as she felt he was the most likely to propose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3832673;
    The old contract allowed for a small stipend for the F4. I guess that may be gone now too. Jillian and Jake have both said they weren't paid to do the Bach/ette, but I thought Jillian said during her season that she was paid enough to make up for losing her job.

Jake said they had to live off savings. I suspect Ali may not have those kind of savings, and I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that DeAnna who worked as a bartender and a real estate agent did not have enough savings to quit her job and then coast for a long time.
    I am thinking they pay people when they have to.
    I tend to take whatever the leads or finalists say about not getting paid with a large grain of salt. It is certainly not in the producers' best interests for fans of the show to have confirmation that any of these people are doing this for reasons other than "love", so they probably frown on them revealing that they are compensated in any way.

Jillian did state in an interview when her season began airing that she was compensated for lost wages; more recently, she has denied being compensated at all, so she has changed her story, I suspect at the producers' urging.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833174;
    In those 2 cases both men are very well off and most likely weren’t in need of compensation – I don’t believe Instructor/Part time Pilot Jake wasn’t at least compensated for lost potential wages.
    I could believe it of Jake over Jillian. If you will remember, we discussed just such a thing. We said that Jake wanted to be the Bachelor so very badly that he would do it for free and agree to whatever they wanted. Now somebody wrote and told me that either Reid or Kip would not agree to a twist in the edit, and that shot the deal for that person. Perhaps Jake, believing the best, did?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3833404;
    I could believe it of Jake over Jillian. If you will remember, we discussed just such a thing. We said that Jake wanted to be the Bachelor so very badly that he would do it for free and agree to whatever they wanted. Now somebody wrote and told me that either Reid or Kip would not agree to a twist in the edit, and that shot the deal for that person. Perhaps Jake, believing the best, did?
    Bloomers, what is meant by "twist in the edit"?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3833409;
    Bloomers, what is meant by "twist in the edit"?
    Ed leaving and coming back was a twist we had never seen. Although we saw F3 Jeremy knock on DeAnna's door, we had never really seen an F3 crash an FRC and try to become the F1 like Reid did. That was a twist.
    Jason picking F1 Melissa and then dumping her in the middle of the airing season for F2 Molly and then showing us how they were doing at the end of the season was a huge twist.

Evidently, someone found out that the producers wanted either Kip or Reid ( I'm sorry I can't remember which one) to be agreeable to an edit twist, and that person wasn't.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.