Thread: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3832660;
    I agree with all your comments. I will always think of Ali as doing her job, as she only had one item on her agenda and that was to be the Bachelorette. It all started with CH's comment how everyone was going to love her, followed by the order of limo exists, thanks Bloomers.

With regards to the bolded, Ed just made a statement recently that the only money he made was $400 for going on Ellen.
    The old contract allowed for a small stipend for the F4. I guess that may be gone now too. Jillian and Jake have both said they weren't paid to do the Bach/ette, but I thought Jillian said during her season that she was paid enough to make up for losing her job.

Jake said they had to live off savings. I suspect Ali may not have those kind of savings, and I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that DeAnna who worked as a bartender and a real estate agent did not have enough savings to quit her job and then coast for a long time.
    I am thinking they pay people when they have to.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3832660;
    I agree with all your comments. I will always think of Ali as doing her job, as she only had one item on her agenda and that was to be the Bachelorette. It all started with CH's comment how everyone was going to love her, followed by the order of limo exists, thanks Bloomers.

With regards to the bolded, Ed just made a statement recently that the only money he made was $400 for going on Ellen.
    There was at least one interview with Jason Mesnick where he said that he had applied to be The Bachelor, yet he was cast as one of DeAnna's suitors. During Jillian's season Wes claimed that Jake said that he was there to be the next Bachelor. It wouldn't surprise me if most, if not all, of the guys apply for the lead role. Knowing that, it would seem probable that Ali had been cast to see if enough viewers fell in love with her.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3832627;
    As far as Ali "let[ting] Jake know that she had better things to do than put her life on hold for a 25% chance that she might be picked," that is a ridiculous statement because she REALLY put her life on hold for a 4% chance she would be picked in the beginning!!!

...and Tenley hardly strikes me as a bimbo!
    Tenley is here to have her heart broken for the second time in a year which is a guaranteed ticket to .........DWTS!

If someone goes on stage at a comedy club and proceeds to lie down and wrap her feet around the back of her head, in my book that is a bimbo.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Former Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3832756;
    There was at least one interview with Jason Mesnick where he said that he had applied to be The Bachelor, yet he was cast as one of DeAnna's suitors. During Jillian's season Wes claimed that Jake said that he was there to be the next Bachelor. It wouldn't surprise me if most, if not all, of the guys apply for the lead role. Knowing that, it would seem probable that Ali had been cast to see if enough viewers fell in love with her.
    I agree... that was my theory from the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3832673;
    The old contract allowed for a small stipend for the F4. I guess that may be gone now too. Jillian and Jake have both said they weren't paid to do the Bach/ette, but I thought Jillian said during her season that she was paid enough to make up for losing her job.

Jake said they had to live off savings. I suspect Ali may not have those kind of savings, and I would bet a dollar to a doughnut that DeAnna who worked as a bartender and a real estate agent did not have enough savings to quit her job and then coast for a long time.
    I am thinking they pay people when they have to.
    I have no evidence or actual knowledge, but I believe Jake is lying – the leads are definitely compensated for their roles. We KNOW Stork had his medical bills paid off, we KNOW Deanna was compensated (and she was also paid to return to Jason’s season), we KNOW Jen was compensated to the tune of 60 grand, and we KNOW Jill only asked to be compensated for lost wages. RS has stated in his blog (for those who do or do not want to believe) that Ali (should she accept) will earn no less than $100,000 for appearing in her own season.

Having said all that – there is no way Jake appeared on Jillian’s season and performed his role ‘perfectly’ and wasn’t compensated handsomely either monetarily or for being the lead of this season (and maybe he was compensated monetarily for both roles) – and he was definitely compensated for his appearance. I always knew he was a bad actor and a liar, but this just confirms it to me.

Where’s sdl with his contract knowledge when you need him to confirm that the participants and leads do get paid??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3833144;
    I have no evidence or actual knowledge, but I believe Jake is lying – the leads are definitely compensated for their roles. We KNOW Stork had his medical bills paid off, we KNOW Deanna was compensated (and she was also paid to return to Jason’s season), we KNOW Jen was compensated to the tune of 60 grand, and we KNOW Jill only asked to be compensated for lost wages. RS has stated in his blog (for those who do or do not want to believe) that Ali (should she accept) will earn no less than $100,000 for appearing in her own season.

Having said all that – there is no way Jake appeared on Jillian’s season and performed his role ‘perfectly’ and wasn’t compensated handsomely either monetarily or for being the lead of this season (and maybe he was compensated monetarily for both roles) – and he was definitely compensated for his appearance. I always knew he was a bad actor and a liar, but this just confirms it to me.

Where’s sdl with his contract knowledge when you need him to confirm that the participants and leads do get paid??
    Not all receive compensation.
    It depends on their negotiated contract.
    Contracts can and are modified.
    Brad did not receive any compensation for the season as TB.
    Did his publicity aid his business, probably, but he did not receive compensation.
    I am fairly certain PLo did not receive compensation either.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Many of the guys cast for the Bachelorette season are guys who have done interviews to be the lead Bachelor and it is a way for them to get their own season if they can develop a following. Man code David in Jill's season was reportedly 1st runner up to be Bachelor when Jason Messnick was chosen. I haven't heard of ABC doing the same with the Bachelorettes but it makes sense with their trend of re-treads.

In those 2 cases both men are very well off and most likely weren’t in need of compensation – I don’t believe Instructor/Part time Pilot Jake wasn’t at least compensated for lost potential wages.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Part of the interview process to be the next bach/ette is being on the previous season and getting your heartbroken. I don't think it coincidence that we have not had new blood for a while... the "new blood" gets cast as a contestant first.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3832772;
    Tenley is here to have her heart broken for the second time in a year which is a guaranteed ticket to .........DWTS!

If someone goes on stage at a comedy club and proceeds to lie down and wrap her feet around the back of her head, in my book that is a bimbo.
    Not all contortionists are bimbos.