Thread: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Re: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3832601;
    No offense taken.

You misread what I was saying. In no way did I compare her popularity to Reid's. I was referring not to the number of fans....I think it's pretty obvious that Reid had more fans, but the fact that Ali is the "Reid" of this season. She was one of the favs going in & still is. If you check the online polls, Ali is almost 50% with the rest making up the difference.

Can you point me to these polls? All I've seen are the should Ali be the next bachelorette, there's no mention of Gia or anyone else in any poll I've seen.

BTW, Ali was really, really dragging behind yesterday in the EXTRA poll and today, someone or a group of people are voting nonstop in that one to bring her numbers up, now she's all of a sudden ahead.

FORT Fanatic

I don't see why it matters what some online polls say?? Jake wasn't leading any polls for being the next Bachelor yet he was and brought in huge ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3832619;
    I don't see why it matters what some online polls say?? Jake wasn't leading any polls for being the next Bachelor yet he was and brought in huge ratings.
    I'm not talking about ratings at all. I've come to the conclusion that the lead no longer has anything to do with the ratings. It's all about the drama and the trash, that's what bringing the high ratings unfortunately, regardless of who the lead is anymore. Fleiss and Martin are very aware of that now.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3832550;
    Couldn't agree more--with all points.

But no matter how much it's repeatedly stated every season (the idea behind your first paragraph), there are people who just can't accept this notion and then are surprised all over again the next season!
    Mind-boggling .... isn't it!

I blame it on the drinking games.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3832621;
    I'm not talking about ratings at all. I've come to the conclusion that the lead no longer has anything to do with the ratings. It's all about the drama and the trash, that's what bringing the high ratings unfortunately, regardless of who the lead is anymore. Fleiss and Martin are very aware of that now.
    Oh I completely agree. It doesn't matter if the lead is a fan favorite or not. People will still watch for the drama and trash.

FORT Fogey

As far as Ali "let[ting] Jake know that she had better things to do than put her life on hold for a 25% chance that she might be picked," that is a ridiculous statement because she REALLY put her life on hold for a 4% chance she would be picked in the beginning!!!

...and Tenley hardly strikes me as a bimbo!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3831944;
    I still say that this is an inaccurate statistic. As with everything, the complainers are extremely vocal and their loudness makes it seem as though they are the majority. I know lots of people who still like Ali, but who don't come online and voice their opinions at all. And since far fewer than half the people who watch this show probably come online and make comments, I'd say it is very hard to state that fewer than half the viewers are on her side. Most people that I know still "hate" Vienna and see Ali as her arch-rival. They agree she can be catty, but we were given to believe (thanks to the edit) that Vienna was the devil in the flesh, so why wouldn't Ali be catty to her? That's just the vibe I get from the vast majority of the people I have talked to about this show...and none of them are spoiled or come onto message boards/blogs/etc.
    And it is the opposite among people I know who watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3832619;
    That's true, but Jake was picked after Reid & Kip turned it down. I was just commenting about Ali being picked for The Bette because of her popularity. They would have gone to someone else if she would have turned it down. I didn't mean to start a snowball fight in here, geez. Somehow the snow started rolling downhill.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3832631;
    That's true, but Jake was picked after Reid & Kip turned it down. I was just commenting about Ali being picked for The Bette because of her popularity. They would have gone to someone else if she would have turned it down. I didn't mean to start a snowball fight in here, geez. Somehow the snow started rolling downhill.
    Can I say how glad I am that Kip and Reid turned it down! Those guys were smart. So glad they aren't being racked over the coals right now. So hard to believe people sign up for this especially after watching what's happened the last few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3832510;
    To answer the second one first:

Not for one second do I believe that Ali picked up a phone at the Lemon Tree Hotel and called Jake in St. Lucia with the intention of doing anything but fulfilling her contract as an employee of TPTB. Just as I think her whole departure drama was staged. Last season Reid was questioned at the ATFR as to why he crashed the FRC. He said it was his job. In other words, he was contractually obligated to do whatever he was directed to do.

Now the first statement:

My issue with those who sign up for this is that they allow themselves to be exploited and scrutinized by every blogger or tabloid or former acquaintance looking to steal your thunder and participate in the character assassination. The edit is often harsh and misleading and the pay is either non-existent or minimal. Celebrities, at least, are well compensated for their loss of privacy.

These kids are judged solely on their looks and personality. There are no eliminations based on winning challenges or skills.
    I agree with all your comments. I will always think of Ali as doing her job, as she only had one item on her agenda and that was to be the Bachelorette. It all started with CH's comment how everyone was going to love her, followed by the order of limo exists, thanks Bloomers.

With regards to the bolded, Ed just made a statement recently that the only money he made was $400 for going on Ellen.