Thread: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Re: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3832294;
    I think it's part of the master plan he had for her in the beginning to make her the next Bette. I'm not sure how a fake resignation by Ali would work into any other plan.
    I should have been clearer. I wonder if the timing of the facebook resignation was part of the original plan or if she was out after being kissed off by Jake on the phone and then the "We want Ali" campaign kidks in and then she is approached by Fleiss and co.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3832336;
    I should have been clearer. I wonder if the timing of the facebook resignation was part of the original plan or if she was out after being kissed off by Jake on the phone and then the "We want Ali" campaign kidks in and then she is approached by Fleiss and co.
    I think it was part of the master plan, but I also think Fleiss wanted to wait until he saw how she would be accepted by the public before he made a final decision. I think, similar to Reid, Ali had lots of fans even before the first episode & picked up even more on that 1:1 with Jake, but she really couldn't give notice until she left the show then was rejected by Jake.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3832358;
    I think it was part of the master plan, but I also think Fleiss wanted to wait until he saw how she would be accepted by the public before he made a final decision. I think, similar to Reid, Ali had lots of fans even before the first episode & picked up even more on that 1:1 with Jake, but she really couldn't give notice until she left the show then was rejected by Jake.
    Some things done right on this show are that the lead does not have a shady past and the Bachelorettes, as far as I know, have had no cosmetic surgery.

The rest of the cast are often like the characters in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, but the lead is close to what is considered mainstream to the 10,000,000 viewers. Ali certainly fits that mold. Even if she has an agenda to have a career in broadcasting, she is completely BELIEVABLE as someone looking for a soul-mate.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3832276;
    I agree with you 100%.

Let me first say that I have issues with anyone who goes on this show where the only skill you need is the ability to hook up. The contestants are willing to parade around in various degrees of undress in order to grovel for the affections of the lead. They are all guilty of exhibitionism. If you are unable to suspend your disbelief the whole edit is really laughable. Once in a blue moon they have a real lasting love story, not just a fling started in this unreal atmosphere of intense competition and fantasyland locations.

Ali appears to be a good judge of character. Her outrage must have been triggered by sufficient provocation which was withheld from the viewers. If she had outbursts toward other girls they weren't shown. Ali is not going to sit passively and think "Please pick me." She is pro-active. When Jake keeps V. week after week, Ali sees a red flag. She tactfully warns him without going into detail. Other girls who haven't a connection with Jake also warn him to no avail. Ali can't believe that he has such deep feelings for V. even if it's triggered by the warnings from the women and he feels that no one is going to tell him what to do.

Ali, most likely, thinks that she has given this guy a couple of weeks to come to his senses. He didn't and she is outta there. Thank goodness she could use her work as an excuse. I can't blame her for the crying scenes. We all know the manipulations used on these people.

If she is the Bach'ette I will be looking forward to that season more than any other. She has a backbone! She let Jake know that she had better things to do than put her life on hold for a 25% chance that she might be picked. She might do that for some dude, but not for him. He did pass up all of the women with whom he had common interests and chose bimbos instead. I hope than can find guys who are right for her.
    Mr. Fleiss and Company, please NO TEXANS!!!!!

I'm not reading you clearly.

-- Ali fits the profile you put fort in the first paragraph, but your last seems to contradict.

-- Also, what happened to that backbone when she groveled by calling and asking him to take her back?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3832403;

-- Ali fits the profile you put fort in the first paragraph, but your last seems to contradict.

-- Also, what happened to that backbone when she groveled by calling and asking him to take her back?
    hah shes not a robot... people with backbones can grovel JMO!!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3832403;

To answer the second one first:

Not for one second do I believe that Ali picked up a phone at the Lemon Tree Hotel and called Jake in St. Lucia with the intention of doing anything but fulfilling her contract as an employee of TPTB. Just as I think her whole departure drama was staged. Last season Reid was questioned at the ATFR as to why he crashed the FRC. He said it was his job. In other words, he was contractually obligated to do whatever he was directed to do.

Now the first statement:

My issue with those who sign up for this is that they allow themselves to be exploited and scrutinized by every blogger or tabloid or former acquaintance looking to steal your thunder and participate in the character assassination. The edit is often harsh and misleading and the pay is either non-existent or minimal. Celebrities, at least, are well compensated for their loss of privacy.

These kids are judged solely on their looks and personality. There are no eliminations based on winning challenges or skills.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3832510;
    To answer the second one first:

Not for one second do I believe that Ali picked up a phone at the Lemon Tree Hotel and called Jake in St. Lucia with the intention of doing anything but fulfilling her contract as an employee of TPTB. Just as I think her whole departure drama was staged. Last season Reid was questioned at the ATFR as to why he crashed the FRC. He said it was his job. In other words, he was contractually obligated to do whatever he was directed to do.

Now the first statement:

My issue with those who sign up for this is that they allow themselves to be exploited and scrutinized by every blogger or tabloid or former acquaintance looking to steal your thunder and participate in the character assassination. The edit is often harsh and misleading and the pay is either non-existent or minimal. Celebrities, at least, are well compensated for their loss of privacy.

These kids are judged solely on their looks and personality. There are no eliminations based on winning challenges or skills.
    Couldn't agree more--with all points.

But no matter how much it's repeatedly stated every season (the idea behind your first paragraph), there are people who just can't accept this notion and then are surprised all over again the next season!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3832358;

Sorry, nothing personal, but I want to scream every time I see a post comparing Ali's popularity to Reid's. In my opinion it's not even close. Reid was way more likable than Ali. I've yet to see the majority of the comments on the Internet in favor of Ali, on the contrary the comments and the polls I've seen are all leaning against Ali for the next bachelorette. I see a lot of people wanting Gia, not Ali, as the next bachelorette. Yes, she has a fanbase, but I have seen no evidence of this overwhelming love by the masses for Ali if you compare it to the frenzy for Reid last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3832578;
    Sorry, nothing personal, but I want to scream every time I see a post comparing Ali's popularity to Reid's. In my opinion it's not even close. Reid was way more likable than Ali. I've yet to see the majority of the comments on the Internet in favor of Ali, on the contrary the comments and the polls I've seen are all leaning against Ali for the next bachelorette. I see a lot of people wanting Gia, not Ali, as the next bachelorette. Yes, she has a fanbase, but I have seen no evidence of this overwhelming love by the masses for Ali if you compare it to the frenzy for Reid last season.
    No offense taken.

You misread what I was saying. In no way did I compare her popularity to Reid's. I was referring not to the number of fans....I think it's pretty obvious that Reid had more fans, but the fact that Ali is the "Reid" of this season. She was one of the favs going in & still is. If you check the online polls, Ali is almost 50% with the rest making up the difference.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3832601;
    No offense taken.

You misread what I was saying. In no way did I compare her popularity to Reid's. I was referring not to the number of fans....I think it's pretty obvious that Reid had more fans, but the fact that Ali is the "Reid" of this season. She was one of the favs going in & still is. If you check the online polls, Ali is almost 50% with the rest making up the difference.
    However--
    Even though Ali has 50% of the poll as the "fave", we have to remember--this was a crazy group of women --IMO. Or at least the edit made them appear this way.
    The only somewhat "normal" one from the final 6, again IMO, was Gia--and her modeling portfolio may tarnish the label "normal".
    It seems( again IMO) that past seasons had a more well rounded group of "normal" contestants.
    And I do realize "normal" is subjective--as well as their edits.
    But I don't think there were many choices from the season to inherit the "crown".
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.