Thread: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Re: Sleuthing the final 15 ladies **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3831430;
    Have you taken a look at the comments in Chris's blog? At the comments on the mother board? Have you read blogs such as Lincee's from IHGB, or even the Jewish lady that was invited to the first taping of the bachelor. There's even recaps in you tube stating how much they dislike Ali. Go to Buddy Tv and see the polls. Ali's love is not universal, I would say less than 50% of the viewers are on her side.
    I still say that this is an inaccurate statistic. As with everything, the complainers are extremely vocal and their loudness makes it seem as though they are the majority. I know lots of people who still like Ali, but who don't come online and voice their opinions at all. And since far fewer than half the people who watch this show probably come online and make comments, I'd say it is very hard to state that fewer than half the viewers are on her side. Most people that I know still "hate" Vienna and see Ali as her arch-rival. They agree she can be catty, but we were given to believe (thanks to the edit) that Vienna was the devil in the flesh, so why wouldn't Ali be catty to her? That's just the vibe I get from the vast majority of the people I have talked to about this show...and none of them are spoiled or come onto message boards/blogs/etc.
    How quick come the reasons for approving what we like! ~ Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3831933;
    Bloomers-- do you think she might do this as a "sign" for Jake to let him know that she is serious about him after she "abandoned" him? (just trying to come up with scenarios that might work...)
    That ship has sailed. Jake could have whispered into her ear. He could have brought her back to the island and re-inserted her into the line, but he didn't.
    The fact that she has chosen to be the Bachelorette shows that she isn't waiting around to see what happens with the FRC choice. Ali is over Jake.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3831950;
    That ship has sailed. Jake could have whispered into her ear. He could have brought her back to the island and re-inserted her into the line, but he didn't.
    The fact that she has chosen to be the Bachelorette shows that she isn't waiting around to see what happens with the FRC choice. Ali is over Jake.
    Exactly and why would Ali want Jake when she can have her own show & her pick of 25 guys.

Also, do you think that she gave her notice at FB because next week they will make the announcement or will it be at the AFTR? Just curious.

I agree...ALi might as well go and look at the 25 new guys. Regardless the flack she is receiving I like her. EVERYONE has a bad side to them as well as a good side.

To me Ali is a bit too macho.

Jake is a bit too milk-toast.

Interesting....maybe they swung too far the opposite direction.:nono

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3832070;
    Exactly and why would Ali want Jake when she can have her own show & her pick of 25 guys.

Also, do you think that she gave her notice at FB because next week they will make the announcement or will it be at the AFTR? Just curious.
    A 2 week notice is pretty standard for someone in Ali's position (right?). If she gave notice on say, Monday, Feb 15, her last day would be Feb 26, then they could announce her as the next Bette at the ATFR. The timing seems right.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by inanookry;3831944;
    I still say that this is an inaccurate statistic. As with everything, the complainers are extremely vocal and their loudness makes it seem as though they are the majority. I know lots of people who still like Ali, but who don't come online and voice their opinions at all. And since far fewer than half the people who watch this show probably come online and make comments, I'd say it is very hard to state that fewer than half the viewers are on her side. Most people that I know still "hate" Vienna and see Ali as her arch-rival. They agree she can be catty, but we were given to believe (thanks to the edit) that Vienna was the devil in the flesh, so why wouldn't Ali be catty to her? That's just the vibe I get from the vast majority of the people I have talked to about this show...and none of them are spoiled or come onto message boards/blogs/etc.
    And there are a lot of viewers who aren’t spoiled by message boards and read between the lines/edits/phoney phone calls, etc…..I’m sure there were more average viewers who hated Jake for not taking her back and in the same episode that he asked V what kind of ring she would like, to telling her he was falling in love with 2 other women. Jake’s not making any friends with his edit this week and depending on how the FRC plays out – there could be a lot of sympathy and declarations of ‘dodging the bullet’ for the entire cast of gals of this season. Frankly, I knew it was going to be a waste of time, he had no intention of taking a wife.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3831950;
    I agree with you 100%.

Let me first say that I have issues with anyone who goes on this show where the only skill you need is the ability to hook up. The contestants are willing to parade around in various degrees of undress in order to grovel for the affections of the lead. They are all guilty of exhibitionism. If you are unable to suspend your disbelief the whole edit is really laughable. Once in a blue moon they have a real lasting love story, not just a fling started in this unreal atmosphere of intense competition and fantasyland locations.

Ali appears to be a good judge of character. Her outrage must have been triggered by sufficient provocation which was withheld from the viewers. If she had outbursts toward other girls they weren't shown. Ali is not going to sit passively and think "Please pick me." She is pro-active. When Jake keeps V. week after week, Ali sees a red flag. She tactfully warns him without going into detail. Other girls who haven't a connection with Jake also warn him to no avail. Ali can't believe that he has such deep feelings for V. even if it's triggered by the warnings from the women and he feels that no one is going to tell him what to do.

Ali, most likely, thinks that she has given this guy a couple of weeks to come to his senses. He didn't and she is outta there. Thank goodness she could use her work as an excuse. I can't blame her for the crying scenes. We all know the manipulations used on these people.

If she is the Bach'ette I will be looking forward to that season more than any other. She has a backbone! She let Jake know that she had better things to do than put her life on hold for a 25% chance that she might be picked. She might do that for some dude, but not for him. He did pass up all of the women with whom he had common interests and chose bimbos instead.

I hope than can find guys who are right for her.
    Mr. Fleiss and Company, please NO TEXANS!!!!!

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Call me a cynic BUT, is there any possibliity that Fleiss has a friend at facebook and this sudden resignation by Ali is all part of the master plan and there is no truth to it? I seriously doubt it but.......then again.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3832281;
    Call me a cynic BUT, is there any possibliity that Fleiss has a friend at facebook and this sudden resignation by Ali is all part of the master plan and there is no truth to it? I seriously doubt it but.......then again.
    I think it's part of the master plan he had for her in the beginning to make her the next Bette. I'm not sure how a fake resignation by Ali would work into any other plan.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow