Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Brendaavon;3813711;
    Ya,she looks a bit heavier in the website photo. I see Jake pulling a Brad. Since we didn't see his fit of rage in the camping date,maybe they will also cut out I know who she is now??
    That is very possible. That may just be a VO that they made him say.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3813681;
    Check out post #1947 on the **Potential Spoilers** Bachelor 14 Rumors & Speculation Thread -- it is the same photo. Also see Fly.Girl24 posts that follow -- she claims to be another one of Jake's ex's.
    Observations:
    1. The "no second date" or "dateless Jake" or "nice guys finish last" blather has now lost all credibility. I'm officially jumping off the Jake bandwagon because he was not honest with us. It now looks like he was never WITHOUT a girlfriend, except to film this show where he was supposedly looking for a girlfriend - which makes no sense to me at all.
    2. The reason, Jake, that you had no SECOND dates was because you were in your second or fifth or seventh YEAR of solid relationships. That's the way second dates work. They can ONLY come after first dates - simple mathematics.
    3. Christina Haney is, in my opinion, VERY cute. Hope you didn't lose her number, dude, because she puts Vienna to shame.
    4. Speaking of shame, things just keep getting worse for Vienna. I signed on to email tonight and had 6 different people emailing me about video. My thinking is that it's video of the previously documented topless photo shoot, but I don't know. I guess we will see.
    ETA: there's a reason why radio stations run the news again every 20 minutes. I've been reading all this stuff about Jake's girlfriends and motives posted last October and I can't believe it just got buried. I mean there are names, dates, details, and photos - and I know some people have mentioned it but it sort of got missed - at least by me - until now.
    Wow, there's a lot out there and I don't think we know Jake.
    Last edited by sdl; 02-01-2010 at 01:22 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3813718;
    Observations:
    1. The "no second date" or "dateless Jake" or "nice guys finish last" blather has now lost all credibility. I'm officially jumping off the Jake bandwagon because he was not honest with us. It now looks like he was never WITHOUT a girlfriend, except to film this show where he was supposedly looking for a girlfriend - which makes no sense to me at all.
    2. The reason, Jake, that you had no SECOND dates was because you were in your second or fifth or seventh YEAR of solid relationships. That's the way second dates work. They can ONLY come after first dates - simple mathematics.
    3. Christina Haney is, in my opinion, VERY cute. Hope you didn't lose her number, dude, because she puts Vienna to shame.
    4. Speaking of shame, things just keep getting worse for Vienna. I signed on to email tonight and had 6 different people emailing me about video. My thinking is that it's video of the previously documented topless photo shoot, but I don't know. I guess we will see.
    ETA: there's a reason why radio stations run the news again every 20 minutes. I've been reading all this stuff about Jake's girlfriends and motives posted last October and I can't believe it just got buried. I mean there are names, dates, details, and photos - and I know some people have mentioned it but it sort of got missed - at least by me - until now.
    Wow, there's a lot out there and I don't think we know Jake.
    We were still doing DWTS when this "tell all" gal came on here and gave us her version of Jake's lovelife for the last several years. (This season I made sure I didn't miss out on the preseason good stuff. )
    It was a one or two day wonder because we didn't know her and therefore didn't know just how much credibitily to afford her.
    It didn't exactly get buried and forgotten. I mentioned twice the guy was not a "couldn't get a second date guy", and we have been talking about Jake's edit as well as the girls' edits on the editing thread. That has come up a bit here and there as well.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

did I miss something? I don't remember Jake ever saying he couldn't get a second date. The inference to "dateless Jake" was when he was in 9th date. Jake has said he was "unlucky in love". To me that means he hasn't been able to find someone with whom he sees himself spending the rest of his life with. Like most people, we have a "type" of person we like to date and if you keep on dating the same type you tend to get the same result. I know quite a few women who like the "bad boy personna" kind of guy and then can't figure out why they end up being cheaters and jerks. The Bachelor gave Jake an opportunity to date different types of women. It makes me think that some of the women he didn't choose from the initial pick of 25 to 15 that people questioned was because they were to much "the same type" he dated. Whether or not he has made a wise choice from the selection he has chosen to whiddle down is yet to be determined. I don't see how this makes Jake a liar sdl And perhaps, just perhaps prior relationships that he would have liked to see develop further were ended by the other party. Hence "nice guys finish last" phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3813735;
    did I miss something? I don't remember Jake ever saying he couldn't get a second date. The inference to "dateless Jake" was when he was in 9th date. Jake has said he was "unlucky in love".
    No, he has said that he had a lot of 'first dates' but not a lot of 'second dates' in interviews. I don't buy it either.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3813735;
    did I miss something? I don't remember Jake ever saying he couldn't get a second date. The inference to "dateless Jake" was when he was in 9th date. Jake has said he was "unlucky in love". To me that means he hasn't been able to find someone with whom he sees himself spending the rest of his life with. Like most people, we have a "type" of person we like to date and if you keep on dating the same type you tend to get the same result. I know quite a few women who like the "bad boy personna" kind of guy and then can't figure out why they end up being cheaters and jerks. The Bachelor gave Jake an opportunity to date different types of women. It makes me think that some of the women he didn't choose from the initial pick of 25 to 15 that people questioned was because they were to much "the same type" he dated. Whether or not he has made a wise choice from the selection he has chosen to whiddle down is yet to be determined. I don't see how this makes Jake a liar sdl And perhaps, just perhaps prior relationships that he would have liked to see develop further were ended by the other party. Hence "nice guys finish last" phrase.
    Jake did unequivocally say that he couldn't get second dates (to CH, "I've been on a LOT of first dates....but I don't know what it is, I can't get second dates. I don't know if I scare them away by being too honest and direct...they may think I'm a stalker") It was 2-3 episodes ago, and has been much talked about.
    Him referring to himself as "dateless Jake" was last week when Gia was similarly trying to convince us that she was a dork and no guys liked her. Nobody really believed either of them.
    "Unlucky in love?" He dated a nice girl for 5 years, then lived with a beautiful girl for 2-3 years. I wish I was that unlucky.
    And "nice guys finish last" is the sorriest cliche' in the history of TB. As I've said before, nice guys don't refer to themselves as nice guys, and genuinely nice guys really do finish first in things that matter.
    I'm not blaming Jake 100% because there's always the edit, but what i read and saw tonight definitely made me question everything we had been fed about this guy, and bolstered all those soft voices telling us, "don't believe it, he's not as he appears."

The following is from Fly Girl's post, new formatting to make it easier to read, I added the notes in [brackets]:

Here's the [Jake's dating history since 2005] time line!!

1) Christina 05-Jan 08
    2) a [sex] buddy until April 08
    3) me [flygirl] may08-oct08 (broke up with me then cause abc called for the bachelorette)
    4) dated a few other girls until the show
    5) got dumped by Jillian
    6) started dating another person until he got the call that he was the bachelor (2 weeks prior to the bachelor announcent)

now filming the show. He has dated some great women so maybe the problem is him. He started calling me again from the time he left Jillian until 2 days before the DWTS announcement...he is a D-Bag.
    ETA: I am not a Jake fan but this doesn't seem abnormal to me. Was he supposed to live like a monk when he was waiting for filming to start? Sounds like he ended the dating boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with Fly Girl when he knew he'd be on The Bachelorette, and then he casually dated (probably because he was bored/horny and wanted to go on dates, but I am guessing he wasn't leading them on. Unlike a certain Mr. Ed, but I digress). I am sure Fly Girl was hurt, but if he dumped her to go on a reality show then he wasn't that into her, so in the long run he did her a favor by ending it when he did instead of dragging it out. The jerkiest thing he did was calling her after being rejected by Jillian, he should have left her alone since he didn't like her enough to turn down being on The Bachelorette. Sounds like she was smart/strong enough to resist running back to him though.

I do understand why people are annoyed about his "no 2nd date" lines, I think those are dumb things TPTB tells him to say. I don't take the guy seriously, the Jake we see on TV is not the real Jake, IMO.
    Last edited by terabithia; 02-01-2010 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3813738;
    Jake did unequivocally say that he couldn't get second dates (to CH, "I've been on a LOT of first dates....but I don't know what it is, I can't get second dates. I don't know if I scare them away by being too honest and direct...they may think I'm a stalker") It was 2-3 episodes ago, and has been much talked about.
    Him referring to himself as "dateless Jake" was last week when Gia was similarly trying to convince us that she was a dork and no guys liked her. Nobody really believed either of them.
    "Unlucky in love?" He dated a nice girl for 5 years, then lived with a beautiful girl for 2-3 years. I wish I was that unlucky.
    And "nice guys finish last" is the sorriest cliche' in the history of TB. As I've said before, nice guys don't refer to themselves as nice guys, and genuinely nice guys really do finish first in things that matter.
    I'm not blaming Jake 100% because there's always the edit, but what i read and saw tonight definitely made me question everything we had been fed about this guy, and bolstered all those soft voices telling us, "don't believe it, he's not as he appears."
    sdl, maybe the reason isn't that he CAN'T get a second date, but because he is the "horniest" bachelor...Maybe he uses women for the deed and then ditches them so he gets the first date but DOESN'T want the second date with them because he got what he wanted on the first date... does that make sense.

Fliess is selling us a story... not the truth. Mr. Perfect...yeah rrrrriiiiiggggghhhhhtttt. Who actually believed that, please raise your hand.

Jake doesnt come off as a guy who would "use" someone then ditch them, IMO. He doesn't strike me as that kind of person at all. If anything, I see him as quite the opposite. I see him as getting serious quicker than some women he's dated.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3813782;
    Jake doesnt come off as a guy who would "use" someone then ditch them, IMO. He doesn't strike me as that kind of person at all. If anything, I see him as quite the opposite. I see him as getting serious quicker than some women he's dated.
    I agree the edit we are being shown of Jake paints someone that is 'perfect' but I'm trying to reconcile Jakes edit with Vienna's and Ali's edit. I'm just catching up with all the pre-seaon talk that Jake isn't Mr. Perfect and that he has had girlfriends that have been more than one dates; couple that with some inside sources saying Jake wasn't easy to work and horn-dog and the crazy edit of Ali and Vienna and somewhere in the middle you have to have the truth. Otherwise none of what we are seeing makes sense. We've been so focused on picking the girls apart that we have just accepted that Jake is who the edit says he is...

Fliess is selling a story and he is using these people to tell it how he wants it told, regardless of what their true character is.