Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3813081;
    didn't read that part, but doesn't make sense. I just hope that Vienna doesn't reject him if he does propose to her, because he is really not a bad guy IMO. I still don't like Vienna...LOL
    Who got hood winked - blind folded and spun around 15 times by TPTB
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3813081;
    didn't read that part, but doesn't make sense. I just hope that Vienna doesn't reject him if he does propose to her, because he is really not a bad guy IMO. I still don't like Vienna...LOL
    I really like Jake. He's more my speed than some of the other bachelors. I would be happy to take him off Vienna's hands if only he is willing to live in MN.

Actually I take that back...I will be happy to move to Dallas to get out of this cold.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;3812948;
    I agree there is something up. . scripted . . .planned. . . I am just not buying the whole thing. It screams The Shayne Show to me.
    Nobody was more critical of the "Shayne Lamas Show" than I was, I'm just assuming that the producers could have done a better job with a more appealing set up, if set up was what this was. Considering the commercial, they are about to totally humiliate Joke. I hope he thinks it was worth it.

It could all be a set up, but if it is, they really need to get better writers.Glad we got to see Jessie at last. Now I see why they never let her talk; she'd hurt the freakshow by acting normal. I have suspected since early on that Jake cut all (or most)of the good ones, and kept the ones who caused his hormones to quiver. Go back to the original 25 and ask yourself "why" on a whole bunch of them. Scripting, or Jake just being a moron? You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Happydog;3813072;
    Don't know if this has been mention on the FORT, but a poster on the OK Magazine website says

...is pretty common knowledge that Jake has had a girlfriend the whole process and throughout The Bachelorette and is only doing the show for money. He has been involved with Tara Douglas for a long time and is still together with her. Dont look for him to pick anyone in the end. Just watch!! ABC is being made a FOOL!!!

Anyone heard about this?
    now if they picked another reason other than money maybe I might bite. I just can not see J pulling off a girlfriend at home and go on a dating show. Now I could believe someone like eddy (no offense eddy-love you and Jill) more a player. Do any of you see Jake as able to pull this off? Now with John Edwards he just gave off that "do not trust me"vibe. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticsucker;3813088;
    Nobody was more critical of the "Shayne Lamas Show" than I was, I'm just assuming that the producers could have done a better job with a more appealing set up, if set up was what this was. Considering the commercial, they are about to totally humiliate Joke. I hope he thinks it was worth it.

It could all be a set up, but if it is, they really need to get better writers.Glad we got to see Jessie at last. Now I see why they never let her talk; she'd hurt the freakshow by acting normal. I have suspected since early on that Jake cut all (or most)of the good ones, and kept the ones who caused his hormones to quiver. Go back to the original 25 and ask yourself "why" on a whole bunch of them. Scripting, or Jake just being a moron? You decide.
    How do you see set-up for J humiliation?thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3812985;
    What a nice post It highlights the difficulty, I think, in trying to reconcile the story characature with real life. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in both the edit and real life. I m guessing that the same may be said of Tenley. I suspect her friends would say that she has healed far better than we suspect and she is quite in command of her life. They seems to have had similar experiences and gone in different directions.
    This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I just wanted to use this mention of Tenley as a springboard for my opinion. I've seen alot of people posting that they don't think she is over her divorce or her ex-husband. Going through something similar, I may have perceived the whole thing a bit differently, but I think she's very over her ex. What I saw was not a woman who was still not emotionally over her husband.... I saw a woman who's core values were thrown for a loop-de-loop and is now trying to reconcile that with who she is as a woman, to herself. I think that Tenley is a woman who wanted to be a virgin at marriage, have children and an unbroken home with mommy and daddy, together from the beginning, and for all the reasons she stated. And now she will never be that woman, at least in her own mind at this time. She's trying to deal with divorce now being a part of who she is, instead of who she wanted to be. She knows even if she meets the man of her dreams, he will never have what she considered most precious.

And that in itself, is a loss to mourn in her mind. I don't want to say she's been sullied, but in her mind she's not the perfection she saw herself as prior to this stuff with her ex.

While this is indeed something she has yet to work through, and accept as a part of who she is now... I think it's not the ex she's not over, but the fact that moving forward she is now a divorcee and no longer a virgin, and will never bring that to a relationship, no matter how perfect the man, again.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong - I'm just saying that I don't think she's hung up on her ex as much as she is mourning the loss of what she considered ... a gift to herself and her husband. And with her values being what they are I think she finds it all a bit difficult to accept. ???
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3813094;
    How do you see set-up for J humiliation?thanks.
    The commercial just said that Vienna had Jake wrapped around her little claw! He had 25 women and he picked an evil one? True or all lies and scripting? I have no idea but 30 year-old men are supposed to know better by that age. If only half the rumors about her past are true, he's gonna' look like a dolt.

How do they set it up? Ali has become their exposition character. She also reportedly, leaves early. Every girl has been shown trashing Vienna and Jake keeps her anyway. And now the producer's are going after her if the commercial is anything to go by. They seem willing to paint Jake as a fool for picking her. if this is a set up, i hope he was well paid for it.
    Last edited by Romanticsucker; 01-30-2010 at 07:14 PM. Reason: to answer question

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3813112;
    This isn't directed at anyone in particular, I just wanted to use this mention of Tenley as a springboard for my opinion. I've seen alot of people posting that they don't think she is over her divorce or her ex-husband. Going through something similar, I may have perceived the whole thing a bit differently, but I think she's very over her ex. What I saw was not a woman who was still not emotionally over her husband.... I saw a woman who's core values were thrown for a loop-de-loop and is now trying to reconcile that with who she is as a woman, to herself. I think that Tenley is a woman who wanted to be a virgin at marriage, have children and an unbroken home with mommy and daddy, together from the beginning, and for all the reasons she stated. And now she will never be that woman, at least in her own mind at this time. She's trying to deal with divorce now being a part of who she is, instead of who she wanted to be. She knows even if she meets the man of her dreams, he will never have what she considered most precious.

And that in itself, is a loss to mourn in her mind. I don't want to say she's been sullied, but in her mind she's not the perfection she saw herself as prior to this stuff with her ex.

While this is indeed something she has yet to work through, and accept as a part of who she is now... I think it's not the ex she's not over, but the fact that moving forward she is now a divorcee and no longer a virgin, and will never bring that to a relationship, no matter how perfect the man, again.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong - I'm just saying that I don't think she's hung up on her ex as much as she is mourning the loss of what she considered ... a gift to herself and her husband. And with her values being what they are I think she finds it all a bit difficult to accept. ???
    DODIE - excellent - and I see many similarities in Tenley that you describe - it is difficult to let a dream go - even after it has been taken away.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3813112;

Dodie430-- you summed that up very nicely. I believe that this is exactly what Tenley is struggling with.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3813117;
    DODIE - excellent - and I see many similarities in Tenley that you describe - it is difficult to let a dream go - even after it has been taken away.
    Yes it sure is hard. For some more than others... I guess my point is that I think she is completely ready for a relationship with a man who will make her feel completely accepted the way she is and that it doesn't matter a wink to him.

I can sometimes see how Jake could be that kind of person. Sometimes, not so much. And with reports of the H-word [call me a prude, but I don't even like typing that word...lol] ... maybe not the guy for her.
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."