Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3812860;
    But its what every man wants... to be validated, loved, accepted and the only one in the room for his woman..

Maybe they are perfect for each. Maybe Jake isn't Mr. Perfect like he's been portrayed. Maybe he is MORE LIKE Vienna than HIS EDIT is showing. sdl did say one of his sources said Jake was the horniest bach since Jesse. So maybe the edit is Jake is Mr. Perfect and Vienna is Ms. Vixen the opposites attract... when in real life their personalities are both something somewhere in the middle. Just because Vienna is a biotch to the girls doesn't mean she is the love child of Satan. She could be using her biotchiness as her strategy to pick the other girls off one by one..
    EVERYBODY'S edit is suspect imo. NOBODY is really as portrayed on screen. They're telling a story, and manipulating everyone to fit their storyboard.

Vienna, on paper, isn't a great match for Jake. Too young (age and maturity-wise). But, she gives him what he needs - adoration and sex appeal. Heady stuff for somebody like Jake.

Tenley, on paper, is almost a match for Jake. Same core values, but decidedly different life experience. That is to say, Tenley needs a lot more life experience, and time to heal, before settling down with Jake or anybody else.

Gia is the farthest from a match for Jake. She lives in a different world from him. She's his fantasy, but that fantasy would evaporate in his (very straight-laced, sedate, mundane) world.

Ali is probably most like the women Jake has dated previously. Cute, appealing, good job, friendly, lots going for her. That's probably why he feels most comfortable with her. I suspect Ali and Jake have one thing in common, though. They are both controlling in their relationships. That's their death knell. Can't have two controllers in one relationship. Ka-boom!

Jake like to project the perfect, good guy, clean living image. But we've had reports from people who know him that he's had lots of girlfriends (some for physical only), and he has no problem dumping one for the next. I think he's at the point where playing the field has grown old and is ready to settle down and quit trying so hard.

All this to say, I can see why Jake would choose Vienna. She gives him what he needs, and vice versa. But it won't last IRL - it's not built on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3812869;
    EVERYBODY'S edit is suspect imo. NOBODY is really as portrayed on screen. They're telling a story, and manipulating everyone to fit their storyboard.

Vienna, on paper, isn't a great match for Jake. Too young (age and maturity-wise). But, she gives him what he needs - adoration and sex appeal. Heady stuff for somebody like Jake.

Tenley, on paper, is almost a match for Jake. Same core values, but decidedly different life experience. That is to say, Tenley needs a lot more life experience, and time to heal, before settling down with Jake or anybody else.

Gia is the farthest from a match for Jake. She lives in a different world from him. She's his fantasy, but that fantasy would evaporate in his (very straight-laced, sedate, mundane) world.

Ali is probably most like the women Jake has dated previously. Cute, appealing, good job, friendly, lots going for her. That's probably why he feels most comfortable with her. I suspect Ali and Jake have one thing in common, though. They are both controlling in their relationships. That's their death knell. Can't have two controllers in one relationship. Ka-boom!

Jake like to project the perfect, good guy, clean living image. But we've had reports from people who know him that he's had lots of girlfriends (some for physical only), and he has no problem dumping one for the next. I think he's at the point where playing the field has grown old and is ready to settle down and quit trying so hard.

All this to say, I can see why Jake would choose Vienna. She gives him what he needs, and vice versa. But it won't last IRL - it's not built on reality.
    ITA with everything you said. It is exactly how I see it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3812870;
    ITA with everything you said. It is exactly how I see it.
    I'm afraid you are exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3812869;

Yes, exactly how I feel about every girl in relation to Jake, except I don't think that Tenley is as vulnerable anymore as they've portrayed her on the show. I think in real live she's probably stronger emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;3812866;
    What a doll!! That is the Jesse we never got to see. Thanks GA

PS.. Scratch my head... Jake lets a girl like this go while he keeps Vienna who Jesse says is "so out of his league...what's keeping her around" that's
    I agree there is something up. . scripted . . .planned. . . I am just not buying the whole thing. It screams The Shayne Show to me.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Aww Jessie was SO cute!! I didn't get any of her personality from the show. What a waste. She would have been a fan favorite in my opinion if she had more screen time. Love the new hair style too!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3812947;
    Yes, exactly how I feel about every girl in relation to Jake, except I don't think that Tenley is as vulnerable anymore as they've portrayed her on the show. I think in real live she's probably stronger emotionally.
    Have we ever gotten a real timeline on Tenley's marriage & divorce? I wonder how long ago the divorce was final? That's one piece of information that might make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3812837;
    I'm glad you brought this up. I was thinking along the same lines the other night. When Vienna is with Jake, she sits looking directly at him, continual eye contact, and hangs on every word he says. For somebody that has been as insecure around women as Jakes claims he has been, that has to be a huge ego boost. She makes him feel good about himself, so he in turn feels good about her. It's a very seductive quality.
    I believe it was you who asked the question of me about the real Vienna underneath the edit. The Vienna of old is who you see when she's with Jake, attentive, caring and dedicated. The "new" Vienna for lack of a better word is the girl she morphed into and the one her old friends don't understand. The nude pictures, the flashiness, the forwardness, and acting as if she doesn't give a d*** all don't fit the Vienna of old. She is definitely a person in search of herself, and who knows, Jake may be the guy who's able her to find her.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3812978;
    I believe it was you who asked the question of me about the real Vienna underneath the edit. The Vienna of old is who you see when she's with Jake, attentive, caring and dedicated. The "new" Vienna for lack of a better word is the girl she morphed into and the one her old friends don't understand. The nude pictures, the flashiness, the forwardness, and acting as if she doesn't give a d*** all don't fit the Vienna of old. She is definitely a person in search of herself, and who knows, Jake may be the guy who's able her to find her.
    Very very very doubtful.............
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3812978;
    What a nice post It highlights the difficulty, I think, in trying to reconcile the story characature with real life. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in both the edit and real life. I m guessing that the same may be said of Tenley. I suspect her friends would say that she has healed far better than we suspect and she is quite in command of her life. They seems to have had similar experiences and gone in different directions.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"