Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by bizbachfan;3808475;
    I do think that Jake was truly upset, (he seem to be a lot) It is possible CH was getting a glass of water, make up done, but on the other hand it could be totally scripted, that is what we have come to expect. Gia comes off so good can't help but think she is the next bachelorette not Tenley or Ali. Wew think of the hotties that would line up to be on her show, YEAH eye candy for us!!!

Maybe when it comes down to it he wants to pick Gia but they tell him she has already signed up for next bachette and he is left with Vienna. (cause he really liked Ali and she turned out to be a brat and left and just not feeling it with Tenley)

My gut is Jake is very much alone
    Exactly... the whole thing is so dang depressing, who wants to watch his doomed quest for someone to love him.

Someone on JU posted that they are speeding up the process because of the Olympics...

Maybe when it comes down to it he wants to pick Gia but they tell him she has already signed up for next bachette and he is left with Vienna. (cause he really liked Ali and she turned out to be a brat and left and just not feeling it with Tenley)

Me too. I really think Jake picks no one. Either he wanted Ali (and she left because of Vienna) or he didn't want any of them all along. I think he told TPTB that he didn't want any of them so they tell him to drag Vienna to the end because it will be the most shocking to the audience to have her in the
    F1 spot (especially after Ali leaves because of Vienna). Then he ends up dumping Vienna as well so the audience breaths a sigh of relief. Everyone I know who watches doesn't know any spoilers and they all hate Vienna and every week say "Why is she still there?". They will crap when she ends up in the F1 position.

I do think that Jake was truly upset, (he seem to be a lot) It is possible CH was getting a glass of water, make up done, but on the other hand it could be totally scripted, that is what we have come to expect. Gia comes off so good can't help but think she is the next bachelorette not Tenley or Ali. Wew think of the hotties that would line up to be on her show, YEAH eye candy for us!!!

It does appear to me they are setting Gia up as the next bachette. Like you say they are probably banking on getting a LOT more guys to sign up once they show them her "resume."

I almost feel we the viewers are being played with this storyline......storyboard scripting whatever you want to call it. None of the girls' parts seem genuine to me at all. I know in the past we have been told TPTB take the girls' conversations out of context to create "characters" for us. This time it seems like all of the girls are willing participants. Even the Chris Harrison Blog video indicates that Vienna wasn't truely hated by the girls in reality.

I find it hard to believe that Ali would go on national tv and be that catty. She is young, beautiful and works for a well known company. I'm sorry but she just has to be too intelligent to behave that way unless it is all an act for the storyboard.

I feel we the viewers are being played with this storyline to set Gia up as the next ette. I think they knew they had a bland bachelor who couldn't carry the show and knew that none of the girls were into him.

Most women who watch this show would probably not care for Gia as the next ette based on her "resume." But maybe TPTB really want her for that role so what better way to make us end up cheering for her as the next ette but to give her the really sweet girl edit who was an admitted nerd in high school that was picked on. (Underdog edit so we will start to pull for her as next ette.) To drive her sweet edit home even more (dispite her "bad girl" resume) they are making all the girls who are "good girls; girls next door types" seem mean and catty. We are starting to root against the "good girls" and cheer for the "bad girls."

By the time Gia becomes the ette we will love her and be pulling for her despite her "bad girl" resume because we now realize that "good girls" are not really always so nice....... are our perceptions being manipulated? JMHO as of today and subject to change it the edits change during the remainder of the show.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen;3808421;
    I can't tell you how bad that part drove me crazy!! Uggg we all know that he should have been standing right then waiting for his cue to cme in and tell everyone it was the last rose...even my hubby picked up on that! And Ch's fake suprised face.....I mean C'MON!! GGGrrrr.....
    Ahh, but with the filming....we don't actually know just how long those rose ceremonies take. Probably hours. Jake may even have time between each one.(especially at first with 25 girls...he probably doesn't even remember some of their name.lol)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopyjane;3808532;
    Ahh, but with the filming....we don't actually know just how long those rose ceremonies take. Probably hours. Jake may even have time between each one.(especially at first with 25 girls...he probably doesn't even remember some of their name.lol)
    The RC's generally take hours and are usually in the wee hours of the morning. There have been contestants that have fainted during them. People complain of sore feet from standing so long in uncomfy shoes, maybe that's why some of the girls got smart and shucked them this season. The editors catch a lot of grimaces and place them in integral places making it look like something other than boredom, pain and frustration at the process itself.
    Believe it or not--there are actually retakes during the process. It is not spontaneous.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3808406;
    Would this indicate that the producers were 'pushing' Vienna onto Jake from very early on? He is questioning what the women are telling him about her but not quite buying it. Perhaps the producers are telling him the opposite for the (*most*) shocking finale that he would pick the woman that the other women do not like. Maybe he is not as much as an independent thinker as he thinks he is.
    I think you have an interesting premise for the "shocking final" being the choice of Vienna against the complaints of several of the women.

However,Jake did chose Vienna for the "bungee" jump, when he heard her express a fear of heights. Plus, he had already said that she was playful, beautiful, and he was "intrigued" on opening night. I thought that Chris looked surprised at the time.
    That opening "skit" where she states that she is a "daddys girl" seemed to be an exagerated spoof IMO. I think that she may have had that role to play on the show. Then, that plan could have changed when she and Jake formed a connection that first night. Maybe the story board is expendable at times like this???
    I wonder why they play up the other women not liking her though? There are several out takes shown where she is smiling ,and looks to be enjoying fun times with the other ladies. Excluding Ali, ofcourse.
    A clip from the next show has Ali once again confronting Vienna where she says that she would appreciate that Vienna talk to her personally if she has something to say about her. On the other hand, we have seem "numerous" clips of Ali talking behind Vienna's back, and even plotting against her.

I just watched the rose ceremony. Gia said something like "He could take roses away. He could not send anyone home tonight." I didn't know he could take roses away or send no one home at the rose ceremony...how did she know this? Are the rules of elimination completely fluid?

BTW, did anyone else think he looked completely unenthused when he called Vienna's name and when he offered her the rose?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3808540;
    I just watched the rose ceremony. Gia said something like "He could take roses away. He could not send anyone home tonight." I didn't know he could take roses away or send no one home at the rose ceremony...how did she know this? Are the rules of elimination completely fluid?

BTW, did anyone else think he looked completely unenthused when he called Vienna's name and when he offered her the rose?
    Maybe Gia's thinking was that by eliminating both Ella and Kathryn he'd fulfilled the week's obligations?

FORT Regular

My 2 cents:

Ali and Gia were my picks from just their pictures before the show started, but I have to admit the editing of Ali has turned me off a bit. I really do believe she dislikes Vienna and I can see why. The editing has not put Vienna in a favorable light. I actually think out of the 9 girls that were left last night, that Vienna was the least attractive, so I don't find her pretty which is another reason why I can't believe she makes it to F1.

Probably for the 1st time ever, If Jake proposes to Vienna and I think he will, that I hope for Jake's sake that it doesn't last!

I really liked Gia last night and I hope she is the next bacholerette over Tenley.