Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

  1. #8181
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Brad needed "butterflies," and try as he did, there were none there - with anyone.

    How does a bachelor encourage a girl to move from New York, or San Francisco, or Los Angeles, or Florida to Texas, to either find somewhere to live or to mover her in with him, to either support her or her find a job in a new city, unless there are butterflies or sparks or rockets or exploding stars?

    Of course, if he lived in Los Angeles and that is where the girl was headed anyway, then what is the risk ?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  2. #8182
    FORT Regular Pete B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    139

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3795779;
    *************
    I respect your opinion and your right to express it, but I couldn't disagree more.
    The organization is not that tightly wound. For 3 seasons, I have been talking with a friend at ABC who has told me whatever he knew at the time, with very little concern that I was posting it here. He would never sell the information to People or US - we talk as friends, gossip, and laugh about how badly they've screw everything up.
    Steve has similar friends, just more of them.
    Many people on this board have insider connections - Jiccaz comes to mind as someone who has reliable, proven information on the show's production.
    I'm always amazed with the way people are awed by companies and think they have powers they don't have. Companies are large collections of people, an enormous number of whom have access to the memos, scripts, contracts, and tapes, and people love to talk.
    Sometimes the simple explanation, not the conspiracy theory, makes the most sense.
    As usual, we will probably agree to disagree!

    Conspiracy theories are not my forte - but I also do not agree that information in today's corporations is as accessible as you imply. There are those organizations that have a more relaxed culture and those where information is tightly controlled.

    I am sure even you will agree that Fleiss & co. would fall into the second category. Fleiss is a control freak and paranoid about "staging" the so-called "reality show". Would it make sense that a personality like that (and an organization like that) would allow these same leaks year after year?!? - come on !

    More importantly, it is your second point which I believe torpedoes your argument. If info is in fact easy to come by through friends, etc. and RS has "similar friends - just more of them", then why is all this not popping up in other places? Why isn't there a Reality Pete or Reality sdl? Why does RS have the monopoly on this insider info? Why wouldn't someone sell out to the tabloids? IMHO this is because the flow of that info is tightly controlled (directly or indirectly) by TPTB.

    As for your comment that the simplest explanation is often true - I subscribe to it in life but TPTB has so far proven the exact opposite on this show.

  3. #8183
    FORT Newbie legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3796016;
    i feel like the ali-love is more instant and unconditional than the reid-love was last season. i just don't understand why people want her back for jake so badly. i guess it would make a nice ending to a chick flick, but really, for those that like ali so much, do you really want to see her with the man that threw himself at jillian on the train and then cried over a balcony?

    i think the objectivity is lost already
    I agree with you that the objectivity is lost but I have to disagree with your comparison to last year. The Reid love started early, before the first episode even aired, and that's similar to what happened with Ali this year but last year Reid was barely seen for the first five shows. It didn't matter...a ten second glimpse of him was enough for the fans and they created an amazing fantasy about him right from the beginning. This year, Ali had a good M&G segment and then was the major star of the next show with her 1:1 date. The viewers have actually had a chance to get to know her a bit which is far more than they had to go on with Reid last year. From the previews, it appears we'll get to see a fair bit of Ali in the upcoming shows too so I don't think she's nearly the mystery Reid was but I think the love is just as unconditional.

  4. #8184
    FORT Newbie legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3796274;
    As usual, we will probably agree to disagree!

    Conspiracy theories are not my forte - but I also do not agree that information in today's corporations is as accessible as you imply. There are those organizations that have a more relaxed culture and those where information is tightly controlled.

    I am sure even you will agree that Fleiss & co. would fall into the second category. Fleiss is a control freak and paranoid about "staging" the so-called "reality show". Would it make sense that a personality like that (and an organization like that) would allow these same leaks year after year?!? - come on !

    More importantly, it is your second point which I believe torpedoes your argument. If info is in fact easy to come by through friends, etc. and RS has "similar friends - just more of them", then why is all this not popping up in other places? Why isn't there a Reality Pete or Reality sdl? Why does RS have the monopoly on this insider info? Why wouldn't someone sell out to the tabloids? IMHO this is because the flow of that info is tightly controlled (directly or indirectly) by TPTB.

    As for your comment that the simplest explanation is often true - I subscribe to it in life but TPTB has so far proven the exact opposite on this show.
    Gotta say Pete, your argument is making an awful lot of sense to me.

  5. #8185
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    375

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3796274;
    As usual, we will probably agree to disagree!

    Conspiracy theories are not my forte - but I also do not agree that information in today's corporations is as accessible as you imply. There are those organizations that have a more relaxed culture and those where information is tightly controlled.

    I am sure even you will agree that Fleiss & co. would fall into the second category. Fleiss is a control freak and paranoid about "staging" the so-called "reality show". Would it make sense that a personality like that (and an organization like that) would allow these same leaks year after year?!? - come on !

    More importantly, it is your second point which I believe torpedoes your argument. If info is in fact easy to come by through friends, etc. and RS has "similar friends - just more of them", then why is all this not popping up in other places? Why isn't there a Reality Pete or Reality sdl? Why does RS have the monopoly on this insider info? Why wouldn't someone sell out to the tabloids? IMHO this is because the flow of that info is tightly controlled (directly or indirectly) by TPTB.

    As for your comment that the simplest explanation is often true - I subscribe to it in life but TPTB has so far proven the exact opposite on this show.
    I agree, but if someone gets information like RS, he could publish it no matter what right? They can't stop it if he already knows something can they? They can't control it..think of it. although what you said made a lot of sense to me, I don't know what to believe.

  6. #8186
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3796016;
    i think something is wrong with me because i see NO reason to hope for ali to come back. on top of that, i don't happen to think gia is very pretty. maybe i really do need my head checked.

    i feel like the ali-love is more instant and unconditional than the reid-love was last season. i just don't understand why people want her back for jake so badly. i guess it would make a nice ending to a chick flick, but really, for those that like ali so much, do you really want to see her with the man that threw himself at jillian on the train and then cried over a balcony?

    i think the objectivity is lost already
    It was the same with Melissa and Reid in my opinion, and with Jason to a lesser degree. When the favorite is chosen, the scenarios come flying. That's just how it is.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 01-14-2010 at 09:58 AM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

  7. #8187
    FORT Fogey albean99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by legend;3796302;
    I agree with you that the objectivity is lost but I have to disagree with your comparison to last year. The Reid love started early, before the first episode even aired, and that's similar to what happened with Ali this year but last year Reid was barely seen for the first five shows. It didn't matter...a ten second glimpse of him was enough for the fans and they created an amazing fantasy about him right from the beginning. This year, Ali had a good M&G segment and then was the major star of the next show with her 1:1 date. The viewers have actually had a chance to get to know her a bit which is far more than they had to go on with Reid last year. From the previews, it appears we'll get to see a fair bit of Ali in the upcoming shows too so I don't think she's nearly the mystery Reid was but I think the love is just as unconditional.
    I don't know if the Reid love was as prevalent with the viewers as Ali's. I only know 1 person who loved Reid last season but it seems like everyone I talk to is an Ali fan. A lot also like Tenley. IA that we've seen a lot more of Ali with her getting a 1 on 1 date so soon and a great one to boot. Of course Jake got a great 1 on 1 date early on in Jillian's season.

    If RS really has so many "friends" at ABC then why didn't he know anything last season? He seemed to be making guesses or stating what was already uncovered. I have a feeling that much of the info he has this year probably comes from Rozlyn who's story I'm not buying. I will be watching to see how this season plays out. Hopefully it doesn't end up like DeAnna's season when the one she really seemed to want left f4.

  8. #8188
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by legend;3796302;
    I agree with you that the objectivity is lost but I have to disagree with your comparison to last year. The Reid love started early, before the first episode even aired, and that's similar to what happened with Ali this year but last year Reid was barely seen for the first five shows. It didn't matter...a ten second glimpse of him was enough for the fans and they created an amazing fantasy about him right from the beginning. This year, Ali had a good M&G segment and then was the major star of the next show with her 1:1 date. The viewers have actually had a chance to get to know her a bit which is far more than they had to go on with Reid last year. From the previews, it appears we'll get to see a fair bit of Ali in the upcoming shows too so I don't think she's nearly the mystery Reid was but I think the love is just as unconditional.
    Exactly. I actually think the Ali love is tame in comparison to the Reid love last year and she's already had her date.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

  9. #8189
    FORT Fogey nd4reality's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Has this theory been thought of yet ?

    That it is Vienna that leaves (for some reason) before the HTDs and then returns. So far there are no SCs of her HTD and like last season with Ed and no HTD, could she be the one leaving ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

  10. #8190
    FORT Newbie cupcakex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    47

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3796370;
    If RS really has so many "friends" at ABC then why didn't he know anything last season? He seemed to be making guesses or stating what was already uncovered. I have a feeling that much of the info he has this year probably comes from Rozlyn who's story I'm not buying. I will be watching to see how this season plays out. Hopefully it doesn't end up like DeAnna's season when the one she really seemed to want left f4.
    I think that's a really interesting point when you question why RS didn't know anything last season.

    Assuming you don't buy into the whole RS/MF 'conspiracy', which I have to say I don't, you have to wonder if RS source really is a producer, as he claims it to be.

    I think it's more likely his source is a contestant, and that's why some seasons he hits pay dirt, and others nada. Of course, he can't actually claim that it's a contestant...he might get someone into trouble.

    Just something to add to my previous theory that RS source is Tenley related...He has nothing but positive, amazing things to say about Tenley. She can do no wrong...and may even be being considered for B ette.

    Sounds like a good deal to me. Info exchanged for the most flattering (he's almost gushing!) write up ever, plus maybe plant the seed for fans to petition her as next B ette. Didn't RS drum up similar support for Melissa when is was suspected there was a leak related to her?

    It will be really interesting to see if he can dish up any more info as to what happens after Tenley's exit...If he can't give us any more info, I'll know it's because his source (someone Tenley related) doesn't know.

    BTW - I know RS has directly denied his source is someone in Tenley's camp. But C'mon. Of course he's going to say that if it is in fact so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.