Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3792386;
    Found it!!

State: FLORIDA
    Type: Divorce
    Filing Number: 047470
    Divorce County: ORANGE
    Marriage Date: 09/06/2005
    Divorce Date: 07/18/2006

Married and divorced within 10 months...how long once papers are filed does it take to actually be divorced?

ETA: Nevermind, ZG's follow up post makes it more clear about the time frame.
    Last edited by Parkhillian; 01-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by ldelan16;3792536;
    I just saw Jake on Access Hollywood & when asked if he found love in the end he said "you do not have to choose anyone 7 it sometime takes more than 25 women to find love, That special someone may not be in the 1st 25 women"that to me sounds like he didnt pick anyone.
    That is interesting.......sure makes it sound questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3792416;
    One word that jumps of the pages of both of these articles to me is fired. She says she was fired, the reporter says she was fired. To me, in order to be fired one would have to be an employee and not a game show contestant. A game show contestant can lose, or if necessary become disqualified, but not fired. Being fired, to me, means you are being paid for a job.
    It may mean that to you, but in my world and quite a few others, the word is used interchangeably as you would use "termination".

For example, in the course of what I do professionally, I have "fired" volunteers. Moreover, I have "fired" clients" when necessary, notwithstanding payment or intention to pay me for services I provide.

"Fired" is just another term, and probably the appropriate legal term to describe a termination of a performance agreement, regardless if verbal or written, or if compensation passes hands or not.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 01-11-2010 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3792548;
    It may mean that to you, but in my world and quite a few others, the word is used interchangeably as you would use "termination".

For example, in the course of what I do professionally, I have "fired" volunteers.

"Fired" is just another term, and probably the appropriate legal term to describe a termination of a performance agreement, regardless if verbal or written, or if compensation passes hands or not.
    Not only that, but don't these women get paid something for being on the show? Since she was "let go" and is not getting paid anymore, then to her, that would imply fired.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Bachelor Scandal – Inside Details on Rozlyn Papa Affair with Bachelor Producer!
    Bachelor fans are anxiously awaiting tonight’s episode where viewers will watch one of the most controversial scandals in Bachelor history play out right before their eyes.
    Bachelorette Rozlyn Papa is stirring up trouble this season – and it has nothing to do with the other bachelorettes – or even Jake Pavelka for that matter.
    That’s right, the 28-year-old model/makeup artist will be kicked off the show tonight after Jake, the other bachelorettes and crew members learn that she’s having an “inappropriate relationship” with one of the show’s producers.
    Since finding out about the affair, Rozlyn has been removed from the show and the producer has been let go. Bachelor host Chris Harrison called the situation “an embarrassment” to the reputation of the show and had the following to say about the bachelor blowout:
    “This was the rare time that before I had to go talk to the girl, Jake and then the women, I had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives saying, ‘Okay, these are the words you can say.’
    It was intense. It was a wild night.”
    Viewers can watch the drama unfold tonight on the 2-hour episode of The Bachelor.
    Insiders say that a new bachelorette may be added to the lineup since Jake wasted a rose on someone who clearly wasn’t in it for the right reasons.

Hollywood Hookup : Bachelor Scandal – Inside Details on Rozlyn Papa Affair with Bachelor Producer!

I found the bolded interesting. CH saying that he had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives telling him the words to say. Just more proof of the yes man.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;3792557;
    Bachelor Scandal – Inside Details on Rozlyn Papa Affair with Bachelor Producer!
    Bachelor fans are anxiously awaiting tonight’s episode where viewers will watch one of the most controversial scandals in Bachelor history play out right before their eyes.
    Bachelorette Rozlyn Papa is stirring up trouble this season – and it has nothing to do with the other bachelorettes – or even Jake Pavelka for that matter.
    That’s right, the 28-year-old model/makeup artist will be kicked off the show tonight after Jake, the other bachelorettes and crew members learn that she’s having an “inappropriate relationship” with one of the show’s producers.
    Since finding out about the affair, Rozlyn has been removed from the show and the producer has been let go. Bachelor host Chris Harrison called the situation “an embarrassment” to the reputation of the show and had the following to say about the bachelor blowout:
    “This was the rare time that before I had to go talk to the girl, Jake and then the women, I had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives saying, ‘Okay, these are the words you can say.’
    It was intense. It was a wild night.”
    Viewers can watch the drama unfold tonight on the 2-hour episode of The Bachelor.
    Insiders say that a new bachelorette may be added to the lineup since Jake wasted a rose on someone who clearly wasn’t in it for the right reasons.

Hollywood Hookup : Bachelor Scandal – Inside Details on Rozlyn Papa Affair with Bachelor Producer!

I found the bolded interesting. CH saying that he had lawyers, psychologists, producers, executives telling him the words to say. Just more proof of the yes man.
    & this incidence is an embarassment to the rep of the show? They done crossed that line themselves eons ago......

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3792554;
    Not only that, but don't these women get paid something for being on the show? Since she was "let go" and is not getting paid anymore, then to her, that would imply fired.
    They are not paid, although "might" receive a stipend if still in the running at a certain point.

(SDL can certainly field the question much better than what I am attempting to do here.)

Again, to be "fired" does not necessarily mean someone is an employee OR that someone is paid. Moreover, you can fire someone that pays you. Honestly, what we are talking about is a professional/legal term describing an unsatisfactory end to a performance contract where the word "performance" not intended in the entertainment sense.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 01-11-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3792416;
    One word that jumps of the pages of both of these articles to me is fired. She says she was fired, the reporter says she was fired. To me, in order to be fired one would have to be an employee and not a game show contestant. A game show contestant can lose, or if necessary become disqualified, but not fired. Being fired, to me, means you are being paid for a job.
    She under contract to play according to the rules of the game, she violated one of those rules....so she was terminated. I'd consider her fired. You don't have to be paid to be "hired" and you don't have to be paid to be "fired."

They are putting out there a very strong hint that she was involved in some kind of sexual misconduct, and I think she is right to correct that.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;3792547;
    That is interesting.......sure makes it sound questionable.
    He's selling the show not testifying in court -- anything he says should be considered in that context. The idea is to maintain some sort of fiction about the winner so that people want to keep watching.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

It's amazing - Roz signed a contract that basically states that TPTB can terminate involvement at any time - for any reason what-so-ever - even no reason at all - no questions asked - no holds barred - which is what they have done - she needs to read what she signed...............

That is even stated in the initial agreement as well - so if she crossed a line - per TPTB - poof - she can be gone in an instant - but TPTB have chosen to make her exit part of her story line
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON