Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

  1. #7771
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,007

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3792416;
    One word that jumps of the pages of both of these articles to me is fired. She says she was fired, the reporter says she was fired. To me, in order to be fired one would have to be an employee and not a game show contestant. A game show contestant can lose, or if necessary become disqualified, but not fired. Being fired, to me, means you are being paid for a job.
    Fantastic catch! What this says to me is that she was hired to be the single mom with child date (Ep. 3) with a dramatic ending ( not good).
    If this is so, that would explain why she appeared at the M&G to be rather nonchalant about Jake. I thought it was because she was simply reasonable.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  2. #7772
    FORT Fogey MamaAmyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    800

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3792452;
    Fantastic catch! What this says to me is that she was hired to be the single mom with child date (Ep. 3) with a dramatic ending ( not good).
    If this is so, that would explain why she appeared at the M&G to be rather nonchalant about Jake. I thought it was because she was simply reasonable.
    why would they put a "hired" woman on the show though who couldn't get the consent form signed by the child's father?

    i mean, i agree, the hired/fired catch is awesome, but if you're hiring someone, why go with someone who couldn't get all her papers signed?
    _(Moo!)

  3. #7773
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3792451;
    I don't think anyone can say w/certainty that Ali would have been F1 if she had stayed, however; something that made me curious about Ali was when Chris & Jake were talking in the deliberation room about Ali & Jake says something to the effect that he isn't sure how she feels about him. I mean he had only just met her & he is concerned about how any one girl feels about him? That seemed strange to me.
    that comment made me think of Charlie and how he wanted to make sure Bee liked him back. I think he knew she was going to be around for a long time, as long as that's what she wanted...just my guess.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  4. #7774
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,007

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3792454;
    why would they put a "hired" woman on the show though who couldn't get the consent form signed by the child's father?

    i mean, i agree, the hired/fired catch is awesome, but if you're hiring someone, why go with someone who couldn't get all her papers signed?
    Maybe that was assumed in the negotiations, or she may have even assured them it would be no problem. However, I also have to believe that if they did hire her as a single mother, they never let on that they meant the edit to be negative in any way. In other words, they might have let her believe the edit would be similar to the one that Stephanie, the single mom in Jason's season, received.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  5. #7775
    FORT Fogey BachNoFoolMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,724

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3792386;
    Found it!!

    State: FLORIDA
    Type: Divorce
    Filing Number: 047470
    Divorce County: ORANGE
    Marriage Date: 09/06/2005
    Divorce Date: 07/18/2006
    Number of children: 0

    Name: RILEY, JOSHUA WILLIAM
    Type: HUSBAND
    Address: FL

    Name: RILEY, VIENNA MARIE
    Type: WIFE
    Address: FL

    I had the name right, I just couldn't find the record until someone posted Orange County. Thanks, I'm so glad I can stop searching. (Also, in case anyone's interested, as I noted earlier, Josh got married again, to Amanda, in North Carolina in April, 2007.)
    Will be interesting to see how they present on show. Also, that poster who claimed was relative thru marriage made it as an annullment & it was immediate like. But we know V evidently did move to NC, so she did live with him. Not sure....the poster on the up n up?

  6. #7776
    FORT Fogey BachNoFoolMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,724

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3792387;
    But ZG, am I adding wrong? That has her marrying 9/05...4 years ago. If she is 23 now, that would put her at 19 4 years ago, not 17.
    So the 17 is added for more drama I guess. Isn't anything truthful on this show????? If any of those others things that have come out about V...I wonder if she disclosed these to Jake even in private without cameras?

  7. #7777
    FORT Fogey CashFoSho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,428

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3792451;
    I don't think anyone can say w/certainty that Ali would have been F1 if she had stayed, however; something that made me curious about Ali was when Chris & Jake were talking in the deliberation room about Ali & Jake says something to the effect that he isn't sure how she feels about him. I mean he had only just met her & he is concerned about how any one girl feels about him? That seemed strange to me.
    He also could've been saying that about somebody else, and they edited it to make it seem like he was talking about Ali. Either way, they are foreshadowing her leaving on her own already. "Risking her future" "not sure how she feels"... this is all foreshadowing her exit.

  8. #7778
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    63

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    I just saw Jake on Access Hollywood & when asked if he found love in the end he said "you do not have to choose anyone 7 it sometime takes more than 25 women to find love, That special someone may not be in the 1st 25 women"that to me sounds like he didnt pick anyone.

  9. #7779
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,130

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3792500;
    Will be interesting to see how they present on show. Also, that poster who claimed was relative thru marriage made it as an annullment & it was immediate like. But we know V evidently did move to NC, so she did live with him. Not sure....the poster on the up n up?
    She could have filed for annullment immediately, and given typical court docket delays, it wasn't heard and acted on by the court with a formal decree until months later. That's pretty typical. But yes, records show she was living in North Carolina in April, 2007 as was he (different addresses.) That's also the month he re-married. Sometimes the date of the public record doesn't mean that's the date the person moved there. It could just mean that's the date some record shows her associated with that location, for example, a utility bill in her name at that address was found with that date.

    As for the annulment vs the divorce, in most states, the actions are called petitions for dissolution of marriage. The certificate you get is a certificate of dissolution, not a certificate of divorce. Public records just still refer to them as "divorces." In other words, if one wanted to annul a marriage, they would file a petition for dissolution of marriage, and for the reason, they would allege that the marriage wasn't valid to begin with and therefore should be annulled, as if it had never occurred.

    I can't speak to Florida, but last night I checked the Nevada records for Britney Spears who got an annulment and her record also shows as a marriage and divorce. So I don't think the fact that the public record shows a divorce means the marriage wasn't annulled, or declared invalid.

    I haven't checked Florida's statutes to see what their nomenclature is, or the procedures for ending a marriage. Does anyone want to know? If so, I'll try to check. (ETA: I am not a divorce lawyer.)

  10. #7780
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    23

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3792416;
    One word that jumps of the pages of both of these articles to me is fired. She says she was fired, the reporter says she was fired. To me, in order to be fired one would have to be an employee and not a game show contestant. A game show contestant can lose, or if necessary become disqualified, but not fired. Being fired, to me, means you are being paid for a job.
    I looked back at the articles, and Rozlyn is never actually quoted as using the term "fired" - only the references made in the article phrase it that way. All the same, I don't think it's significant. It's just a way to reference her termination from the show and the reporters probably prefer it because it sounds more salacious that way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.