Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3792141;
    If she got married at 17 - should would have needed parental permission - so I would find that doubtful
    With the parents permission and in attendance. Like a destination wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3792145;
    With the parents permission and in attendance. Like a destination wedding.
    I don't know what countries recognize destination weddings but I did have a friend get "married" in Mexico last year. To do this they were legally married in the US by the JP and then had the ceremony in Mexico. So I would think there would still be a record here even if the ceremony took place somewhere else.

A civil, legal marriage (marriage certificate) in Mexico is legal in the US. There must be something else in your friend's situation that required a legal marriage be performed in addition to the ceremony in Mexico, for instance, that it was a ceremony and not a marriage.

ETA: The point being, Vienna could have legally married outside the US (in many, many countries) without anything further done in the US to legitimize or document the marriage. And it could have been annulled here after doing so. Not that she did this, just that it's possible.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3792147;
    I don't know what countries recognize destination weddings but I did have a friend get "married" in Mexico last year. To do this they were legally married in the US by the JP and then had the ceremony in Mexico. So I would think there would still be a record here even if the ceremony took place somewhere else.
    Has anyone checked to see if they were married in SC? I the legal age used to be 16 (there was a couple in my high school that was going to do that....til Daddy found out) & I think it still may be 16.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3792157;
    Has anyone checked to see if they were married in SC? I the legal age used to be 16 (there was a couple in my high school that was going to do that....til Daddy found out) & I think it still may be 16.
    Only two states have anything under 18 - all other states it is 18 unless w/parental permission - or unless pregnant w/medical documentation of proof
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3792157;
    I was going to post the same thing as I think it is still 16 in SC. I live in Charlotte, NC (not too far from SC) and I had heard that teenagers in my time went across the border to get married. Perhaps, that is what she did. There would still be a record of it, though.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

With the evidence of Vienna's marriage nowhere to be found, I'm beginning to think it's all part of the character she's playing for TPTB. We have heard from people who know Vienna that say the character she played in the intro video is not her at all. So my question is where does the 'character' of Vienna stop and the 'real' Vienna start? Was she hired to play a part all the way to the end? Is this heartbreaking marriage at 17 part of that character? We've long suspected that several people are hired each season to play characters for drama, was Vienna one of those characters? Was she supposed to be eliminated earlier, like F9-F6, but circumstances arose that caused her to stick around to the end? This is all just too weird.

The only problem with going public with this heartbreaking marriage at 17 story on air is that there are bound to be people who know the truth -- how can TPTB be sure that they won't come forward and blow the lid off Vienna's storyline? Would TPTB even care if someone came forward with the truth? Drama. Ratings. Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46;3792173;
    I was going to post the same thing as I think it is still 16 in SC. I live in Charlotte, NC (not too far from SC) and I had heard that teenagers in my time went across the border to get married. Perhaps, that is what she did. There would still be a record of it, though.
    lol!! I live in NC too which is why I thought of SC, but I don't know why there wouldn't be a record of it. I haven't checked SC though & don't know how to check.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3792174;
    The only problem with going public with this heartbreaking marriage at 17 story on air is that there are bound to be people who know the truth -- how can TPTB be sure that they won't come forward and blow the lid off Vienna's storyline? Would TPTB even care if someone came forward with the truth? Drama. Ratings. Questions.
    I think the best explanation is that it wasn't legal. Maybe that's the heartbreak.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3792176;
    lol!! I live in NC too which is why I thought of SC, but I don't know why there wouldn't be a record of it. I haven't checked SC though & don't know how to check.
    I decided to look up the current informaton on SC marriage requirements and found that a person under 18 must have a certified copy of their birth certificate and a noterized statement of parental consent (minimum age for female is 14 and 16 for male), so that blows that theory.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.