Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

sdl

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by legend;3791707;
    Why does anyone sign up to be a contestant? The snooping that is being done on them and their personal lives and their family's backgrounds and details about them is offensively intrusive. Yes, they open themselves up to scrutiny by going on the show but the details being made public on this thread and another sleuther thread I perused, about Vienna and Gia and Rozlyn and others, completely exceeds the bounds of decency. There are so many complaints about the quality of the ladies this year and that there are too many models and wannabees but there are going to be fewer and fewer applicants of good repute signing up for future shows if their personal lives are subject to all this gossip whether it's founded or not. What used to be good fun in trying to find out what happened on the show has become an ugly game that can have some really serious ramifications on the lives of real people. This is supposed to be a fun, vacuous, entertaining tv show and IMO the excessive information is completely unnecessary.
    I have several responses:
    1. Everyone has a reputation. It may be a good one, a bad one, or somewhere in between. The only question is how many people know about it. The power of the internet is that more people become aware of your reputation once you become a public person.
    2. If someone has a shady past, then I strongly recommend that they not get into politics or go on the Bachelor, because hard questions will be asked. I have no sympathy for someone who wants to be famous and adored, but can't handle the questions.
    3. As far as I can tell, there have been no negative or intrusive comments about Ali, Tenley or any of the other girls. So if you have a clean record, there's nothing to worry about.
    4. This is a sleuthing thread. To me, that means that the people who come here want to investigate and evaluate the truth on the people and scenarios presented on this ridiculously fake TV show. It would be a pretty lousy sleuthing thread if we ignored the facts and simply chatted about the wonderful production we are shown.
    5. Anything negative that is said is 100% open to rebuttal if it is not true. Positive factual comments are welcome, and we have heard them with respect to several of the girls, even Jake. When someone wants to come forward and say that Vienna did not openly date while her husband was in Iraq, or pose for semi-nude pictures on the beach, or use his GI funds for a boob job, then we will have something to debate.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KK4;3791648;
    Re watching, the thing that struck me the most was that every time Gia spoke, it seemed she was watching the camera. Is it just me that feels this way?
    I noticed it also. Especially when she arrived, walking from the limo up to Jake, she looked directly at the camera for a split second.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3791773;
    I have always wondered about this - can they really be sure - don't they need some time away to think about it? Good point !
    Ali's departure happens after the HTDs, so that means she had close to a week to decompress after being stuck in a house with a bunch of girls and going on scattered dates with Jake - this could very well be why she did leave the show. Only she will ever know the real reason she left, but I think she did the thing that was best for her.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

True that Ali had a "week" of being sequestered to "think" about things, However, the girls do not get to lounge around home with their families for that week. Just like the bachelor, they are in and out. The rest of the time is spent with a handler. The greeting you see is probably the first time they have seen their families in four weeks.
    ====================
    ETA - if you don't like what is being printed about the girls, then ignore it. I have no problem with factual information. At least it is true. What I find hardest is the rumors that come out. Sometimes we can refute the rumors with factual information. Sometimes we can put a stop to the false claims. Sometimes we can keep reiterating they are just rumors.
    Rumors, you never know the "whole" story. It all depends on whose story is loudest and the more times it is repeated. Always the juicy stuff gets repeated more frequently. Ignore it.

We don't know any of these girls and most likely will never now them other than chess pieces on Fleiss' game board. They recover when the go back to real life and step out of the spotlight. This show has been going on long enough that anyone who applies has to know what they are signing up for. Buyer beware. Bevin survived, Moana survived, Susan and Jehan survived, Brad survived, Deanna, Jason, Molly and Melissa survived. Vienna will survive also and perhaps snag herself a fiance, and then the rest won't matter.
    Last edited by jelle; 01-10-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3791746;
    For one moment, think about what they would have done to Saint Reid.

What if it was Reid, and he choose Vienna, I bet he wouldn't be the smartest then. He would be in your #4 list, post upthread which btw I think is a great recap.
    You make my case even stronger!! The fact that Reid was so astute as to turn down the offer means there was never ever even that possiblity....

They couldn't do anything to "Saint Reid" (man I hate that term) cause HE walked away. In others words, he'll never make on my list posted upthread.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3791783;
    True that Ali had a "week" of being sequestered to "think" about things, However, the girls do not get to lounge around home with their families for that week. Just like the bachelor, they are in and out. The rest of the time is spent with a handler. The greeting you see is probably the first time they have seen their families in four weeks.

i realize all that - but that week out of the pressure cooker and having been around her familiy and gotten whatever feedback from them could've played a role in that decision - I'm not saying that's what happened, but the timing of her departure certainly leads credence to her possibily having an 'aha' moment.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

KK4
    FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CordovaLady1;3791776;
    I noticed it also. Especially when she arrived, walking from the limo up to Jake, she looked directly at the camera for a split second.
    That's why I love FORT. I might not have noticed it otherwise.
    Makes me think that Michelle was also *hired* to act crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by costcoholic;3791785;
    You make my case even stronger!! The fact that Reid was so astute as to turn down the offer means there was never ever even that possiblity....

They couldn't do anything to "Saint Reid" (man I hate that term) cause HE walked away. In others words, he'll never make on my list posted upthread.
    St. Reid did consider doing the show, but ultimately decided not to. We can speculate on what that reasos(s) was but they did approach him and they did try to come to an agreement, which ultimately didn't happen.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3791783;
    We can only begin to imagine how confused some of these girls must become. It is like living in a cult; no contact with the outside world, you're with the same people all the time. Every woman is competing for the same prize or has their own agenda and the only "guidance" one might get is from a producer/handler - how comforting is that! We know that what the producers feed these girls as far as Jake's feelings, etc. absolutely only serves the show's purpose. If Ali was at all confused, no wonder she bolted! The next step in the process is to potentially sleep with Jake, someone she may THINK she likes (or is falling in love with), but barely knows. Ali is not the first one to want out before the lead is ready to release (Graham, Ed and yes, even Wes). Maybe there are even more from seasons prior. Maybe Ali regretted her decision to leave, maybe not, but I believe she left to protect herself in some sort of way.

I think folks leaving goes back as far as Firestone - i do remember someone leaving on their own (I think it was his season - but if it wasn't, it was way back in the beginning) and then we have Andy's season where kate and Tina wanted to leave and were coerced into staying. These are only the ones I remember, Kari left from jason's season. The reasons may vary, but it's real easy to have a 'sick gramma'.