Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3791659;
    The thing that always surprised me about TB in the past was the LACK of people coming out of the woodwork to say, "yea, I knew that guy and he was a terrible liar," or "I knew that girl and so did everyone else on the football team." Everyone has a past, right? I would expect some of that every season.
    But it seems that other than Ed's controversy last year, we've never really had anyone who was under the microscope for character issues.
    Many will not remember that when we first learned that Vienna was F1, I was one of the only people saying, "you know, I can see this...common backgrounds...the preview is probably misleading...let's give it a chance."
    Do I feel differently today? Yes, because of the sheer number of people all saying the same things about Vienna. If I post something, it's not because one person emailed with some weak rumor about Vienna sleeping around. It's because - under the polite surface of this board - that is what people who are in a position to know are talking about - in large numbers.
    The Vienna stories range from typical messed up teenager to really screwed up person, and what I posted was the watered down version.
    If these things are not true, then I suspect the people of Sanford - who also have access to the internet - will come forward to say that she is sweet, virtuous, and hard working. If it is posted by someone who is for real, however, it will be the first time I've heard it.
    These are all rumors since none of us were there, but my assumption is that people want to know what is being said...then we can judge for ourselves.
    I wasn't getting at you as the messenger or calling anyone a liar that discussed it with you. I was simply saying that the items i mentioned werent that incriminating and kinda normal.

My point on the whole thing is theres a good chance that a few girls on the show have similar tainted pasts....for example...whos to say our beloved Ali didnt sleep around similarly?
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3787244;
    I am standing firm that Vienna is NOT F1. Either RS is wrong cause he just doesn't know - or he is wrong because he has been hoodwinked. But I don't buy it for an instant. He makes a comment that ABC hates him, I could very well see this as an ABC ploy to plant false information to make him look like a fool. Not buying it!
    I'd be very surprised if that were the case, but I'd end up absolutely LOVING this season. That would be so much fun. As much as I disliked Jillian's choices at the end of Bette5, I have to grudgingly admit that it was GREAT theater, a GREAT deal of fun to be so surprised after we were pretty sure we had most of it figured out, and a GREAT ride here on FoRT. MF's a sleazebucket, but I gotta hand it to the guy: he keeps us on our toes and riveted to our screens.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3791674;
    I've not heard Vienna say on the show that she was a model but heard somewhere that her explanation for the boob job was that she wanted to get into swimsuit modeling.
    It does kind of seem like they set Jake up with all of these inappropriate choices - not necessarily bad people but just wrong for him - so they could sit back and watch it all fall apart.
    Exactly. I think this goes to show the cruelty of MF and company and the wisdom of Reid and Kyp for dodging this bullet. MF saw Jake as a naive and eager participant who they could humiliate. I watch it like a train wreck, half ashamed for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3791678;
    Best line I've read, Starshine! LOLOL

I'm SO looking foward to the edit now. I just wish we could know the exact point where they alter the edit following RS's "reveal." That would be a study in itself. Wouldn't it be fun to see both the originally planned show and the "post-RS" show side by side?

sdl: any chance you find out that information?

I think I'm the only one who doesn't think there is going to be a shift in the edit just because we know the outcome of the show (and keep in mind we are only a very small fraction of the viewing audience). These shows are in the can for weeks before we see them.

With this season's eclectic F4, anything is possible - but Vienna is a character that was decided upon on the storyboard, and just because RS spilled the beans doesn't mean they're going to shift their focus, because ultimately she is the F1 and they will portray her they way they intended to right from the start.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3791686;
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't think there is going to be a shift in the edit just because we know the outcome of the show (and keep in mind we are only a very small fraction of the viewing audience). These shows are in the can for weeks before we see them.

With this season's eclectic F4, anything is possible - but Vienna is a character that was decided upon on the storyboard, and just because RS spilled the beans doesn't mean they're going to shift their focus, because ultimately she is the F1 and they will portray her they way they intended to right from the start.
    I agree with you. I don't think they're big fans of RS, but I don't think they're exactly surprised when the internet community either gets someone to spill, or determines the final 1 or 2 based on screencaps. I think they expect it. At most, it may change their PR attack towards the end of the season, or how they sell the final few episodes. I don't think there will be much of an effect on the show itself, though.

Fleiss is the one who releases the SCs that the sleuthers pour over, I'm sure he's also behind certain leaks in order to drum up an audience. My first experience with this show was Jesse Palmer's season and I only watched it because they promoted the 'stalker' element. Every season is the same - there has to be a hook to bring in the viewers - I really don't beleive there are that many women who wanted to see jake as bachelor over Kip or Reid, and the hook this season seems to be the women. Jake is not the star of this show - his ladies are.

I, for one, hope whoever he proposes to turns him down.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3791686;

I'm completely with you, anders. I don't think there is any reason to change the edit because of RS's scoop. Vienna will be edited as a colorful, playful, non-contender until HTDs, when her edit will begin to show her as a possibility for F1. The casual viewer will view Vienna somewhat like DeAnna's Twilley, or Jason's Shannon, or Jillian's Tanner P. At every rose ceremony people will wonder why in the world he is keeping that character around, then around HTDs we'll begin to see reasons why.

The show is edited for the casual viewer, who don't have access to the scoop on the boards, and don't go trolling the internet for inside info. To them, the outcome will probably make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3791674;
    I've not heard Vienna say on the show that she was a model but heard somewhere that her explanation for the boob job was that she wanted to get into swimsuit modeling.
    It does kind of seem like they set Jake up with all of these inappropriate choices - not necessarily bad people but just wrong for him - so they could sit back and watch it all fall apart.
    Well at this 10 seconds it sure looks like they did have something in mind with setting him up with far to many of the same kinda of backgrounds....even that one interviewer from that ABC station asked him why didn't they have more profession's covered. & yes if you look at it from past show...this one sure concentrated on one area far to much. Gosh....can we really blame him for being now labeled the most horniest bachelor with what was placed before him?

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3791516;
    I am just going to lay this out there, because I've heard 3 ways from Sunday that these things are going to happen. I'm not asking anyone to believe it, but don't be surprised if and when they occur.
    Please don't shoot the messenger.
    First, there are pictures of Vienna that make anything Gia has done look mild in comparison. They are for sale, and will likely be published once she is selected by Jake and people know who she is, and care enough to buy the tabloid.
    Second, the way that the show is going to handle the annulment - that she was the victim of abuse - is going to cause people who know the couple to jump out of the woodwork, saying that Vienna used her husbands money to get a boob job while overseas, and then dated extensively while telling people they were separated - all of which was a surprise to the husband.
    This has the potential to make the Ed scandal look minor in comparison. TPTB know about it, and have no problem at all letting it blow up at the right time. The only thing they didn't expect was that so much would be known one episode into the season.
    Well, while I have absolutely no inside knowledge whatsoever this season the bolded statement would certainly fit in with my longstanding theory that each season they do something to "redeem" the folks from the previous season.

Time will tell.

Good to see you posting SDL, you're the most resilient messenger I know and it doesn't go unappreciated!
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

sdl

Because I have to access court records daily in my business, I have a program that will run them in a matter of seconds.
    I can't find a marriage, divorce or annulment for Vienna Girardi anywhere in the states of Florida or North Carolina, although she apparently met her husband in Florida and definitely lived in North Carolina while he was stationed there.
    I don't know what to say about it, other than it's confusing.