Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3791580;
    I'm not understanding why some think Ali is going to come back. How can he fall head over heels and hope she says yes to someone who leaves at F4? after he has had Fantasy Dates and LCD's with the others.

Is it because RS tells us that Vienna is the F1, and the Ali fans want her to be the F1? I've already seen posts that say if she stayed she'd be the F1. How do we know that? Even with epi one done, I can't see that Jake would be a match for Ali.

I think its the producers way of getting the viewer to have a fav from the begining, to take the focus away from the real story, which IMO happens all the time. They did a good job of that last season.
    We're only one episode into the season so far, so all we can do is speculate and assume based on very little information. Here's how I see it so far (I reserve the right to change my opinion often!).

I don't think Ali comes back at all. She leaves at F4 for good reason -- whatever it is -- and she's done. I think it's very likely that the one that Jake wants the most is Gia, and she probably has a guarantee NOT to be F1 in her contract. So, Jake has to pick between Tenley and Vienna. Tenley is way too inexperienced and sensitive to handle a 'pretend' engagement, so we're left with Vienna. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3791597;
    We're only one episode into the season so far, so all we can do is speculate and assume based on very little information. Here's how I see it so far (I reserve the right to change my opinion often!).

I don't think Ali comes back at all. She leaves at F4 for good reason -- whatever it is -- and she's done. I think it's very likely that the one that Jake wants the most is Gia, and she probably has a guarantee NOT to be F1 in her contract. So, Jake has to pick between Tenley and Vienna. Tenley is way too inexperienced and sensitive to handle a 'pretend' engagement, so we're left with Vienna. The end.
    Yup, that's what I think too. I choose Gia from the bio's as F1, strictly on looks, petite brunette, instead of blonde that he perfers, before we knew anything about her.

I can't see her leaving NY but something in the back of my mind, I was curious as to why CH asked Jake if he would give up piloting for love? That was a very strange question IMO considering we hear it over and over how its his life.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gia is in fact F1 inspite of RS's info.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3791602;
    Yup, that's what I think too. I choose Gia from the bio's as F1, strictly on looks, petite brunette, instead of blonde that he perfers, before we knew anything about her.

I can't see her leaving NY but something in the back of my mind, I was curious as to why CH asked Jake if he would give up piloting for love? That was a very strange question IMO considering we hear it over and over how its his life.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gia is in fact F1 inspite of RS's info.
    I could have heard it wrong, but I thought CH asked Jake if it would be ok if his F1 didn't like to fly, and Jake said yes, not that he would also give up flying. The only person I see this relating to is Ali, which is why I think TPTB are trying to make the audience think she will be F1, no more than that.

To lighten up the mood I decided to compose a list of GOOD reasons for Vienna being the F1 (some of which are fun, most are sorta real)

1) Gia is not Final 1

2)First winner in history who doesnt have problems about moving due to her career (she has not got one)

3) Vienna is not gonna be the Bachette

4) The fact she is hands down the least attractive Bachette this season (despite having a good figure) is refreshing as a win.

5) There have been slight shining moments when she stood up to Christina and put her jelly beans back in the box and in a preview she is talking about not trusting anyone/whats shes said to you...i like it when the gals say that.

6)Shes used to anulling marriages/engagements

7)Shes sporty....thats cool I guess

8) She can slap the sense out of Jake's 'Golly Gee I guess I....' persona.

Also, I don't like Vienna much at all (however I do like her taking no crap attitude) but I do think the some of the list that sdl posted is not exactly the most incriminating of things. She drank a lot in college and didn't get up til after midday (Im from England, here thats normal student behaviour), she slept about (not the first Bachette to do that), She doesnt get on with girls (so?), she pretends shes from a diff. type of family (Bachettes have done that all the time).

I have a friend that is very much like Vienna in attitude and relationships with males. As a friend shes a great laugh and I know where I stand with her. Shes not the best looking friend I have but men fall for her quite a bit because she says it like it is and flirts a lot, she knows how to push buttons to get what she wants. I am not surprised Jake picked her and just like a lot of girls I know they go 'why do Mark* and Adam* like Nadia*? Shes not hot and shes obnoxious' but its because Vienna/my friend know how to get what they want, esp with men.

*Names changed
    Last edited by VelvetBex; 01-10-2010 at 01:55 PM.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3791604;
    To lighten up the mood I decided to compose a list of GOOD reasons for Vienna being the F1 (some of which are fun, most are sorta real)
    1) Gia is not Final 1

2)First winner in history who doesnt have problems about moving due to her career (she has not got one)
    4) The fact she is hands down the least attractive Bachette this season (despite having a good figure) is refreshing as a win.
    5) There have been slight shining moments when she stood up to Christina and put her jelly beans back in the box and in a preview she is talking about not trusting anyone/whats shes said to you...i like it when the gals say that.

Also, I don't like Vienna much at all (however I do like her taking no crap attitude) but I do think the some of the list that sdl posted is not exactly the most incriminating of things. She drank a lot in college and didn't get up til after midday (Im from England, here thats normal student behaviour), she slept about (not the first Bachette to do that), She doesnt get on with girls (so?), she pretends shes from a diff. type of family (Bachettes have done that all the time).

I have a friend that is very much like Vienna in attitude and relationships with males. As a friend shes a great laugh and I know where I stand with her. Shes not the best looking friend I have but men fall for her quite a bit because she says it like it is and flirts a lot, she knows how to push buttons to get what she wants. I am not surprised Jake picked her and just like a lot of girls I know they go 'why do Mark* and Adam* like Nadia*? Shes not hot and shes obnoxious' but its because Vienna/my friend know how to get what they want.
    *Names changed
    Great input. Interesting perspective.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex;3791604;

1) Gia is not Final 1

I have a friend that is very much like Vienna in attitude and relationships with males. As a friend shes a great laugh and I know where I stand with her. Shes not the best looking friend I have but men fall for her quite a bit because she says it like it is and flirts a lot, she knows how to push buttons to get what she wants. I am not surprised Jake picked her and just like a lot of girls I know they go 'why do Mark* and Adam* like Nadia*? Shes not hot and shes obnoxious' but its because Vienna/my friend know how to get what they want.

*Names changed
    I'm more interested in who is the next Bachelorette than Jake or Vienna. I don't like either of them (from what I've seen).

I'm just hoping it's not anyone from this season. I don't want any reminder of Jake's season or Jillian's.

I'm not understanding why some think Ali is going to come back. How can he fall head over heels and hope she says yes to someone who leaves at F4? after he has had Fantasy Dates and LCD's with the others.

Is it because RS tells us that Vienna is the F1, and the Ali fans want her to be the F1? I've already seen posts that say if she stayed she'd be the F1. How do we know that? Even with epi one done, I can't see that Jake would be a match for Ali.

I think its the producers way of getting the viewer to have a fav from the begining, to take the focus away from the real story, which IMO happens all the time. They did a good job of that last season.
    I think its probably because a number of people feel like the HTDs have been the turning point in recent seasons and if things had gone differently we may have a different "happier" ending.

First, with Brad - there's a theory that he wanted Bettina, but after her disastrous HTD, he knew he couldn't pick her and also knew "he couldn't go through with it" with Jenni or Deanna. Maybe he would have had a different ending if he had chosen Bettina, despite her family?

Then there's Deanna, who even I have to admit (though I argued till I was blue in the face at the time) had the serious hots for Graham. He left at F4, even though we were led to believe she cut him. If she had "gone after" him, instead of choosing Jesse, maybe she would have lived "happily ever after"?

Same thing in this situation, combined with Jake's "hell and back" comment, his subdued demeanor in interviews and that Reid and Ed came back last season, people are definitely speculating that the Jake's one true love got away and he needs to go after her to fix it and truly be happy, that he's settling for Vienna. That's the part of us that are still hoping for a happy ending - eventhough we should all know that the show isn't interested in happy endings, just drama!
    Last edited by Secret; 01-10-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3791517;
    Why does this not surprise me. We should have expected something to this measure when Jake seems so subdued in interviews - no wonder!! Why does anyone sign up to be the lead in this show??
    That's what I'm curious about....does Jake now know & when did he find out. This isn't going to be good & this isnt' going to be positive for his public image.

because every single season there are people who are convinced their favourite is going to come back and steal the lead away - Reid is the only one who ever came close - but we all know that was producer driven anway. So, any kind of return would be the same.

I predict Ali will be the next bachelorette.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I dont think Ali is coming back either, I also think she will never be bachelorette as if the reason is unemotional (work etc) Bach are gonna be furious with her and wont trust her as the Bachelorette. If it is for emotional reasons shes not going to feel like doing the Bachelorette is she? (Despite Meredith doing Bachelorette after her Grandmother died, as she stayed on the show after it happened anyway).
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.