Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

I'm shocked. I thought for sure that Vienna was just there to provide drama.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord;3786457;
    I'm shocked. I thought for sure that Vienna was just there to provide drama.
    Reasons why I believe Jake chose Vienna:
    1. She is "the kind of girl he could date in real life," not the prettiest girl in the room, nor intimidating like an actress or swimsuit model. These things give him security (and Jake is insecure).
    2. She is blonde and has big boobs. These things provide physical attraction.
    3. She is from a Southern, upper middle class family. These things provide a common frame of reference.
    4. He has status over her as someone who is older and a pilot. These things give him control.
    5. Presumably, he likes her. But he's going to hate that little dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3786459;
    1. She is "the kind of girl he could date in real life," not the prettiest girl in the room, nor intimidating like an actress or swimsuit model. These things give him security (and Jake is insecure).
    3. She is from a Southern, upper middle class family. These things provide a common frame of reference.
    4. He has status over her as someone who is older and a pilot. These things give him control.
    It does make sense. Picking Vienna fits with what he has been saying in his interviews. I'm still surprised by it and I'm very curious as to how they will edit her.

I also wonder how they will edit Gia, will she get the flawless F3 edit?

sdl, you are right on!! My first thought, when I read the news this morning that Vienna was F1 was, OMG!!!!!!, and I don't ever use that expression!! However, I'm agreeing with your assessment here. I guess we shall see how it all unfolds. Still am surprised about her not-so-good edit Monday night. People don't forget!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Just got on this morning, read RS, and almost choked on my coffee. Looking at your reasoning starts to make sense of picking Vienna, if the info RS is getting is true. I was watching Jake very much keeping in mind that he was a "nice guy", from the south and religious. What may be attractive to him with Vienna is that she is young, probably hasn't dated much and really fits that Texas southern belle persona he may be very comfortable with. I still can put them together in my head, but maybe watching future episodes she'll come off better. neither of my sons thought she was at all interesting and they were turned off by her "love myself" attitude. As one said "she looks like she's fun to b around, but wow she'll be high maintenance. "

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3786425;
    I have to say though, I am surprised that the TPTB gave her edit they did in epi 1. On all the message boards/forums/facebook pages she is not liked at all due to her edit. Most want Vienna and Michelle off the show ASAP. I wonder why they didn't give her a more positive edit. Maybe bloomers can into this for us tmrw.
    I have to agree with this. After being disappointed 3 seasons in a row with the outcome (the first 3 seasons I'd watched in awhile), I decided to involve myself in pre-season sleuthing and really try to stay objective this season, treating it as a mystery to be solved only. I can't help but like Corrie and Tenley because of their standards/values, and Ali reminds me of a friend of mine. But otherwise, I tried to stay objective Monday, even with Gia and all the reservations I have about her.

That said, Vienna annoyed the heck out of me. She was like nails on a chalkboard and I kept rolling my eyes at the TV whenever she talked. Only two other people annoyed me, Christina (the "parting" gifts) and Channy (the crude joke).

Perhaps it was just nerves and she'll come across (to me, at least) better as the season goes on. Melissa irritated the heck out of me too (the perky factor), but eventually I liked her well enough overall, so I'm hopeful. But still. Oy.

I didn't even watch the beginning of the girls before the meet and greet have to go back and watch. However I thought Jake was very into Vienna on the first episode, I mean he kissed her calf! Thats pretty intimate to me. I do agree that Vienna makes sense in way. Jake let the two "pilots" go and they were both very pretty, together ladies. Of all the ladies why not give them a chance to at least go to the second show? To me its because he does want someone who does not intimidate him. (agree with SDL)

vienna. huh. that would have thrown us for a loop after episode six. one thing we can say about this scoop from RS, is that he definitely didn't steal it from us! LOL
    _(Moo!)

Vienna??? Seriously?? Wow, I didn't see that coming and I am shocked! Vienna annoyed me Monday night. She reminds me of a Paris Hilton type. Every time I her or see her name I think of sausage. I guess that's all I'm going to say for now. Wow!!!