Page 64 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667686970717273741141645641064 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3741533;
    Post this for CAREWBA

Originally Posted by carewba
    For some reason I am having issues with trying to post in the Bachelor thread. I found a little more inforation about the Trolly in Chris tweet. Not sure if they ued a hotel near here, but maybe worth 'filing' it away for later.
    ============================== =
    Two of today’s three cable car lines connect Downtown and Fisherman’s Wharf. The Powell-Mason and Powell-Hyde lines begin at the most-photographed cable car turntable, where Powell meets Market Street.
    There is a Starbucks on Beach & Hyde within walking distance of the trolley turntable. Chris made a point of mentioning trolley's and Starbucks and we know Jake and "his date" were spotted in Marina area San Francisco. Obvious tourist attractions in the immediate area are Fisherman's Wharf, the water front and the Golden Gate area -- lot's of possibilities for group or private dates. Any guesses what hotel they would use for RC? Don't they stay with a certain hotel chain?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3741605;
    There is a Starbucks on Beach & Hyde within walking distance of the trolley turntable. Chris made a point of mentioning trolley's and Starbucks and we know Jake and "his date" were spotted in Marina area San Francisco. Obvious tourist attractions in the immediate area are Fisherman's Wharf, the water front and the Golden Gate area -- lot's of possibilities for group or private dates. Any guesses what hotel they would use for RC? Don't they stay with a certain hotel chain?
    TPTB have utilized several different chains over the years - and some indy's as well.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3741329;
    . . . .When it looks like we're up for the post-HTD RC at the mansion, we'll be on it again! I now have a reputation to uphold.

I appreciate this Grand Diversion in my life, and all of your encouragement! LRSC is looking forward to a good bath today (seagulls, feh), as she has been good, sons are all leaving, and I am on furlough.
    Many thanks in2deep for the account of your sleuthing efforts! Your DH has no idea he is a Reality TV show detective and doing a good job of it! I look forward to additional installments! And Jake thinks he is having all the fun!

So the current case of the TB mansion is closed for now to be opened possibly at a later date. Jake and the remaining girls have been in SF this past weekend and now headed to their respective home towns . . . where ever that may be. Calling all LRC's . . . nationwide alert!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by in2deep;3741329;
    Good morning...

Thanks atem. ryansmommy has a clear and current spread sheet that keeps the timeline pretty tight. It's referenced back in this thread.

It's clear to me that the girls moved out of the mansion before Sunday - this would follow with the concept of the travel dates to San Francisco.

Ottimista has good rphotos here: Photos for Ottimista Enoteca-Cafe | Yelp, for those who are interested.

And for details of the unsuspecting DH as sleuther, read on...

Thursday:
    DH to i2d: Where shall we take our international guests for a lovely Southern California experience tomorrow?
    id2: [laying the trap] Why, to Malibu, of course! We could eat at Paradise Cove and then go to the Getty Villa. It will be quite a delightful afternoon.
    DH: You are genious, mon petit chou.

Friday:
    DH: What is the best route to take on our lovely drive today?
    id2 [securing the trap]Why, Kanan Dume Road should be best - then we just turn left on PCH and voila! at PC. But you're welcome to check on the Internet.
    DH: You are correct about the route. You are also brilliant and beautiful.

So, we pile into the Big Car (LRSC is a bit miffed at this, but two visitors refuse to ride in LRSC's trunk, even though, as previously explained, it does have its own light). 101 to Kanan. South on Kanan. DH is driving like... DH. So we zoom by the mansion. i2d now needs chiropractic care for craning her neck so far to see next to nothing. (scary, i2d now talking about herself in third person) Drive back is not via Kanan, as the Getty Villa is closer to Topanga Canyon.

Saturday:
    DH: Where shall we take our sons, who are all in town, for a lovely brunch on Sunday?
    i2d: [laying the second trap] I know this sounds absolutely ridiculous, but why not go back to Paradise Cove? It is the quintessential SoCal beach experience! And the weather is absolutely beautiful! And there's something for everyone without having to spend $39 each for brunch at I Cugini.
    DH: As the wise and creative woman you are, I worship the ground you walk on, mon cherie.

The route has already been confirmed. But we have a problem. DH, i2d, eldest son, 2nd son, DIL, 3rd son = more people than fit in any one of our cars. So LRSC is happy. DH drives LRSC with 3rd son - i2d follows with the rest. Cannot say anything to other children about this, as they will give me No End of Grief. Plus, DIL's BF at work is an avid fan, and it would just deescalate into something I can't think about. I pray to LRSC that she is good and does not stall, stop, or swerve into the driveway at the mansion. She is good, and obeys DH's every command. That is because he lets her go Fast, even faster than i2d.

Drive by, no activity! But *gates closed* and Enterprise rent a truck to the right of the mansion on the grounds.

After lunch, all children return to #2 son's house, and DH and i2d return home in LRSC. DH agrees to take Kanan Dume road b/c it is fast and beautiful, just like i2d. No further activity. Case closed.

When it looks like we're up for the post-HTD RC at the mansion, we'll be on it again! I now have a reputation to uphold.

I appreciate this Grand Diversion in my life, and all of your encouragement! LRSC is looking forward to a good bath today (seagulls, feh), as she has been good, sons are all leaving, and I am on furlough.
    I2D-- You have done GREAT this season! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3741605;
    There are so many possibilities for places to have dates in the area. As for hotels, CH implied going "down" to get coffee at starbucks, which tells me that the hotel was up the hills, probably in the Nob Hill area. There is a cable car line that runs up the Powell St. hill and there are nice hotels near the top.

I just moved away from San Francisco and will try to figure out where CH twitpic was taken. Feel free to pm me or ask other questions about SF, if they arrive.

Edited: The picture on CH twitter was taken on Powell, looking down California. And the Fairmont San Francisco is located right there. It looks like they are using the same hotel chain as Jill's season. (there are however other hotels in the same area)
    Last edited by WrigleyDogA2; 11-02-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: updated info

FORT Regular

Thanks for the hotel info.....was thinking the sam but I have not been there since 1977, but I did have the Trolly ID and location from Chris' Tweet....post above......

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3741847;
    There are so many possibilities for places to have dates in the area. As for hotels, CH implied going "down" to get coffee at starbucks, which tells me that the hotel was up the hills, probably in the Nob Hill area. There is a cable car line that runs up the Powell St. hill and there are nice hotels near the top.

I just moved away from San Francisco and will try to figure out where CH twitpic was taken. Feel free to pm me or ask other questions about SF, if they arrive.

Edited: The picture on CH twitter was taken on Powell, looking down California. And the Fairmont San Francisco is located right there. It looks like they are using the same hotel chain as Jill's season. (there are however other hotels in the same area)
    WrigleyDogA2 you are right, I just figured out the same thing but you beat me to it.

The Fairmont is probably where they stayed and held the RC. San Francisco Hotels: The Fairmont San Francisco Luxury Hotel & Resort

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3741890;
    WrigleyDogA2 you are right, I just figured out the same thing but you beat me to it.

The Fairmont is probably where they stayed and held the RC. San Francisco Hotels: The Fairmont San Francisco Luxury Hotel & Resort
    I would say the Fairmont for a variety of reasons.

I'm local to SF, and although I have a tight week, if able to clear an afternoon, will try to schedule an late lunch at the Ottimista to chat it up with staff and, perhaps, a visit to city hall to pull filming permits.

If not this week, might be able to in two.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3741903;

I'm local to SF, and although I have a tight week, if able to clear an afternoon, will try to schedule an late lunch at the Ottimista to chat it up with staff and, perhaps, a visit to city hall to pull filming permits.

I think it is Fairmont too ryansmommy. That is great you live so close to SF - love that place. Good luck on your sleuthing! Would this be a first that TB filmed there?

Another tweet about filming on Union Street in San Francisco -- we have no idea when they were spotted or if this was the same spotting at the Ottimista Wine bar. The tweet was posted today several hours ago.

clairemherr: so jelous rachel saw Jake and the whole The bachelor crew being filmed on union street
    about 2 hours ago from web
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 11-02-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3741903;

I'm so jealous that you are local to SF! I moved away for school and am missing it like crazy! I know people who work at city hall. I'll see if I can get them to look up filming permits.