Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by romance writer;3779942;
    My thought with that scene is what if he is talking about the 2:1 and he actually has feelings for both girls and wants to take them both farther. That was the first thought I got...was they chose two of his faves to try and make him split them and he doesn't want to let one go yet. After all the reading I have done I now understand how the producers and such manipulate the show and the people on it, so maybe they did it to get Jake to fire up a little. Just a thought and a vague guess.
    They could do like they did with Charlie where he chose to get to know his two final ladies better until the real show got to the final episode when he announced his final pick (Sarah). I really think that is a good way to do it to give the Bachelor/bachelorette more time off camera to get to know the final two contestants.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Bloomers;3780438;]
    Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3780393;
    3 words? Shayne Lamas Syndrome?
    Maybe a shoo-in set up in case Jake didn't find a "real match".[/QUOTE]

I am already highly suspicious that the fix is on; however, I am not even sure that it is in case he doesn't find a real match. I am wondering if maybe he wasn't told that this is how it would be.

Of course, we may be surprised, and Gia is not F1, but his initial interviews were very contradicting and did not sound encouraging to me. Regardless of what he NOW begins to say, right afterwards when he should be glowing, he didn't even sound mysterious as much as he sounded negative.

Also, if Gia is F1 what are we to do with his statement against tattoos?
    Bloomers, I have been wondering if Gia hasn't been HIRED to be the F1 and Jake doesn't know it. Could it be that she is to pull out all the stops and convince him she is the one for him and get him to pick her as F1? Perhaps there is an extra payout to her if she is the one he proposes to in the end. Now, what they insist she do with the proposal, that could remain to be seen. Will she decline? Will she accept and ride it out for a specific period of time (probably the scenario that would be harder for her to agreed to)? This theory could have many holes, but I have thought of it many times recently.

Of course, Gia's name could be replaced with any of the women, but from what we know about her, would she be the best selection for this scenario?

FORT Fogey

If Gia is F1, will anyone really buy it? The HTD will illuminate how different their backgrounds are. I can buy that she is a convenient "fill-in" F1 (fameseeker/used to limelight). But jeez, couldn't Jake at least pretend to be a bit more enthused? He would only have to keep it up for a little while.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3780459;
    As in the past - they have shown the couple doing the sunset - with wine in hand - thing - and then dinner somewhere at the location - so I would suspect that this is also the case with the Coit Tower - also based on the description of the episode as well - it could well be in the ticket booth LOL - but somewhere on that location there is a romantic dinner for 2
    3 things:
    1. They definitely edit the footage to change the order of the girls appearing on screen - I don't know why, dramatic effect I guess - but it's been confirmed that they do switch up the order of people out of the limos.
    2. I wish I could produce this mess of a show - San Francisco is so uniquely romantic, I've fallen in love for the moment with whoever I took every time I've been (unless I was stuck with some dude on business). But Coit Tower, especially with 20 cameramen and producers hovering around, doesn't capture it. Cool monument, but so many other really gorgeous vistas.
    3. Just for grins, I googled Gia again yesterday. Seriously, could her resume and photos be any trashier? And she is famous - without this show - never in a million years would this girl who dates only mega rich superstar athletes, lives in NY, competes in major bikini contests, and poses in soft core photo spreads........never would she give a passing nod to Jake, the very nice everyman I pass 50 times a day. It is definitely a set up.
    Ok, a forth thing: I'm not a complete Reid nut because he's the wrong gender for me, but I am increasingly convinced that TPTB made a huge mistake in not opening the checkbook to get Reid, and his funny, quirky personality on this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3780549;
    If Gia is F1, will anyone really buy it? The HTD will illuminate how different their backgrounds are. I can buy that she is a convenient "fill-in" F1 (fameseeker/used to limelight). But jeez, couldn't Jake at least pretend to be a bit more enthused? He would only have to keep it up for a little while.
    She is beautiful, and all one has to do is to go over to the Bachelor site where her pic is and read the comments to see that is the consensus. However, she is about as big city as you can get in northeast NYC, and she has been seriously dating the pro ball players. Even though he is good looking and the Bachelor, Jake is a pilot with one of the smaller lines and owns a limo service.

Jake's town is certainly not one of southwest Texas's largest places. Everything from the weather to how people think to even how fast people move in getting from place to place is going to be different from what she knows.

Of course, we know more than the average viewer, but this match-up is not believable to me.
    I can't fathom that the producers might intend to push this one through, but it does look like a distinct possibility at this point.
    However, he does not sound over the moon, and he has just mentioned in an interview that he does not like tattoos which we know she has one. I would think if he chose Gia, he would try to give a more diplomatic answer than the one he gave.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

I see Gia as the perfect F2 this season. She's gorgeous, probably has a fun, feisty personality, and Jake will adore her. As F2 she will get tons of airtime and exposure, possibly a boost for any film or TV career she might want to add to her resume. Jake gets attention from somebody he would never have a chance with IRL.

Maybe she is the 'stand in' F1 in case it doesn't work out with anyone else, then the inevitable 'it didn't work out' statement a couple of months down the road. Stranger things have happened.

sdl

[QUOTE=Jojo47;3780547;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780438;

Bloomers, I have been wondering if Gia hasn't been HIRED to be the F1 and Jake doesn't know it. Could it be that she is to pull out all the stops and convince him she is the one for him and get him to pick her as F1? Perhaps there is an extra payout to her if she is the one he proposes to in the end. Now, what they insist she do with the proposal, that could remain to be seen. Will she decline? Will she accept and ride it out for a specific period of time
    Several of you (Kasha, Bloomers, Jojo) posted while I was collecting my thoughts but this is what I was trying to say...Gia is for hire. She's been engaged in a high profile match before - this isn't her first rodeo - and she wasn't bothered much when the deal broke off and she took the money.

I keep coming back to a comment that a guy at ABC made to me that I didn't understand at the time. I had no problem deciphering that he thought Jake was a bit of a prima donna and a whiner, but this comment has always puzzled me:
    "Jake says he will do things that he has no intention of doing...and that's what makes it tough for us."
    What if the "thing" in question was going through with a proposal to Gia, who Jake knows could care less about him, and what he's not doing now is playing happy.
    Whoever Jake really is, he sees himself as an honest, romantic, genuine person - and maybe he is having real trouble faking it after the Gia experience. That promise of another shot at Hollywood, Jake Landrum, might not have been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3780568;
    I see Gia as the perfect F2 this season. She's gorgeous, probably has a fun, feisty personality, and Jake will adore her. As F2 she will get tons of airtime and exposure, possibly a boost for any film or TV career she might want to add to her resume. Jake gets attention from somebody he would never have a chance with IRL.

Maybe she is the 'stand in' F1 in case it doesn't work out with anyone else, then the inevitable 'it didn't work out' statement a couple of months down the road. Stranger things have happened.
    On the surface, I agree with you, but we as yet have no clue how Gia will be edited. The only mention of her in all the pre-show hype is CH's, "don't judge a book by its cover", by which are we to infer that the trashy Jackie Collins novel cover is in reality hiding a bible? As much as I find that hard to believe based on her career and romantic choices, it will be interesting to see how they try to present her to us: the misunderstood bad girl, the bad girl trying to change, or just the bad girl.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780567;

Of course, we know more than the average viewer, but this match-up is not believable to me.
    I can't fathom that the producers might intend to push this one through, but it does look like a distinct possibility at this point.
    However, he does not sound over the moon, and he has just mentioned in an interview that he does not like tattoos which we know she has one. I would think if he chose Gia, he would try to give a more diplomatic answer than the one he gave.
    I commented a while back that the shots of Gia in a bikini on TB showed a blurry mess that was definitely an attempt to cover up a tattoo.
    Then I looked at her bikini shots on line and she has a very large, dark tattoo in that spot - I still can't tell what it is but it is located on her right abdomen.
    I don't know if Jake chose Gia or not, but I think he is wild card at this point.
    His answers to questions seem to conflict, he seems melancholy, then says he's doing great....I think he sold out and is sorry now that he did it. So he plays the game just enough, then retreats into his true feelings - it just wasn't what he wanted.

ETA: Guy's note to Jake - you bagged one of Maxim's hottest models...of course she didn't care about you, she cares about Gia. But you hit it and you don't exactly pitch for the Yankees, so suck it up and thank Mr. Fleiss for making it possible.
    Last edited by sdl; 12-31-2009 at 01:13 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3780573;
    On the surface, I agree with you, but we as yet have no clue how Gia will be edited. The only mention of her in all the pre-show hype is CH's, "don't judge a book by its cover", by which are we to infer that the trashy Jackie Collins novel cover is in reality hiding a bible? As much as I find that hard to believe based on her career and romantic choices, it will be interesting to see how they try to present her to us: the misunderstood bad girl, the bad girl trying to change, or just the bad girl.

Chris knows what is going to be shown to us. I think he is trying to do a little pre-emptive tempering of opinion and judgement. " I know what you see, but don't believe it."

If we are right that gia is a set up, and sdl is correct that Jake is not happy about it, then Chris is trying to do what he can to smooth the way and make things look better.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?