Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

  1. #5511
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780424;
    In Andy's season's the F3 were shown exiting clumped together (not in the same car but visually) #15-17. F3 #15 and so on....

    It will probably always be a mystery whether Reality Steve was correct that if Jason wanted Molly, he had to take Melissa first. Molly's place in the limo exit would substantiate that, but nothing else was solid proof as I recall. The way it went down and the way the producers operate? I would not have been surprised.

    As far as Melissa's edited exit... She actually exited first which usually indicates visual impact; however, Melissa was F1, and F1 is not shown exiting first. Now here is where I show my lack of knowledge, and maybe someone else can help. I know that Melissa was in car#1, so it was easy enough for them to just move her around so that she came out 3rd in the car on film. What I don't know is if they are able to do this if F1 is actually #23 in car # 5, and they want to show F1 to be hidden in the pack and to come out, say, as #15 in car #3. Can they easily do this?
    Bloomer..I know they have moved car orders before..Lets say they move all 5 girls in car #5 to car #3..and Car #3 to car #5...Does this make sense?

  2. #5512
    FORT Regular KathnToast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    135

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780424;
    It will probably always be a mystery whether Reality Steve was correct that if Jason wanted Molly, he had to take Melissa first. Molly's place in the limo exit would substantiate that, but nothing else was solid proof as I recall. The way it went down and the way the producers operate? I would not have been surprised.
    Oh, I'm not saying that because of Reality Steve. Personally, I think the whole "if you want Molly you have to choose Melissa" thing isn't true. However, SOMEWHERE out there is an interview from Chris H (in response to Reality Steve's spin on things, saying the producers forced Jason to do it) saying that it definitely wasn't planned - he was surprised as anyone when right after Christmas, Jason called him and told him things were on the rocks with Melissa and he thought he might want another chance with Molly. So even without RS's idea that the producers schemed to get that result - they still knew by the time Episode 1 aired that Mlly would likely end up being the ultimate F1 and would likely have edited the limo footage as such.

  3. #5513
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;3780441;
    Bloomer..I know they have moved car orders before..Lets say they move all 5 girls in car #5 to car #3..and Car #3 to car #5...Does this make sense?
    Can they move individual girls to different cars? That is what would have to happen somewhere down the line to make sure that you could "hide" the F1 around #15, 16, or 17 if the scenario is that F1 is not known before she exits the limo and meets the Bachelor. There just isn't anyway that the F1 is going to have been in the 3rd or 4th car every time that they have used that process, is there?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  4. #5514
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780443;
    Can they move individual girls to different cars? That is what would have to happen somewhere down the line to make sure that you could "hide" the F1 around #15, 16, or 17 if the scenario is that F1 is not known before she exits the limo and meets the Bachelor. There just isn't anyway that the F1 is going to have been in the 3rd or 4th car every time that they have used that process, is there?
    Yes they can move a girl in a different car..They just splice her in when getting out..I have noticed it before..They always don't show who is in the cars....

  5. #5515
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,051

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by KathnToast;3780442;
    Oh, I'm not saying that because of Reality Steve. Personally, I think the whole "if you want Molly you have to choose Melissa" thing isn't true. However, SOMEWHERE out there is an interview from Chris H (in response to Reality Steve's spin on things, saying the producers forced Jason to do it) saying that it definitely wasn't planned - he was surprised as anyone when right after Christmas, Jason called him and told him things were on the rocks with Melissa and he thought he might want another chance with Molly. So even without RS's idea that the producers schemed to get that result - they still knew by the time Episode 1 aired that Mlly would likely end up being the ultimate F1 and would likely have edited the limo footage as such.
    The problem with that is that even if they did hide Molly in that spot, particular to F1, they didn't EDIT her in the show as F1. She was clearly edited as F2 up until almost the end when they started hyping the "shocking ATFR". At that point, the sleuthers started noting the small changes that appeared to be taking place in the edit to reflect the changes that were happening in real time.

    Molly at #16 is the reason I asked if it were possible to have moved Melissa around to make her look like she was #15 in front of Molly. That would have been in keeping with some other seasons where F1 and F2 and sometimes F1, F2, and F3 are clumped together.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  6. #5516
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    I'm trying to picture this in my mind. The limo drives up, we see the lady exit the limo, they film each lady getting out of the limo. I think from there, they can make it look like any way they want to right? I don't think it matters which car they are in, intially, assuming they don't know who the F1 is.

    Back in the edit room, they move things around to their liking because by that time they know the outcome.

    What am I missing?

  7. #5517
    Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3780329;
    That's what I thought, too.
    Maybe they go shopping for what to wear to Coit Tower? Is that a fancy place?

    Anyways, if it's a 1-1, and Rozlyn is on the groupdate, then I'd guess that it's Ali or Ashleigh on the shopping date. But it would be Ali's second 1-1 only for her to be eliminated after HTDs? Maybe it's Ashleigh? I'm gonna go look for a SF connection to Ashleigh.
    Regarding the bolded...no. Coit Tower is literally a tower on a hill in SF. You can climb the steps to the top which takes you to a circular area. The center is open and there are windows on the side that let you see 360 degrees of SF. These are my pictures of it when I lived there: Picasa Web Albums - Pam - Touring SF

  8. #5518
    FORT Fogey SaffronSunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,401

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3780449;
    Regarding the bolded...no. Coit Tower is literally a tower on a hill in SF. You can climb the steps to the top which takes you to a circular area. The center is open and there are windows on the side that let you see 360 degrees of SF. These are my pictures of it when I lived there: Picasa Web Albums - Pam - Touring SF
    Wow!! That is an amazing view!!! Thanks for sharing.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

  9. #5519
    FORT Fogey ryansmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    971

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3780363;
    Not a restaurant type of date - it is a scenery date - think sun down and wine LOL - with a romantic dinner for 2 provided by TPTB - just like Jason/Melissa at the observatory type of thing..............
    Capegal, have you ever visited Coit Tower?

    I tend to agree with SDL ... I don't see it. I mean, what a cramped, dark, obstructed space to work in.

    Perhaps TPTB managed to stage a romantic dinner on the grounds or the second floor amongst the frescoes ... that would be doable.

  10. #5520
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3780448;
    I'm trying to picture this in my mind. The limo drives up, we see the lady exit the limo, they film each lady getting out of the limo. I think from there, they can make it look like any way they want to right? I don't think it matters which car they are in, intially, assuming they don't know who the F1 is.

    Back in the edit room, they move things around to their liking because by that time they know the outcome.

    What am I missing?
    I agree. And the timing of the premiere's air date vs. the filming schedule is another factor (in addition to the timing of the couple's real emotions).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.