Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3780279;
    If the girls have not met jake yet is it not totally random where f1 is in the pack? Poorer are you saying fleiss has picked f1?
    My limited understanding is that they might come out of the limo in one order but when they are shown on tv the producer may show them in a different order. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3780399;
    The labelling (IIRC, sequence numbers) on the motherboard's promo photos...
    Thanks, VelvetRed I remembered something about video timing or something, but couldn't recall.

I've seen it twice so I'm going to ask... what is the motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagirl;3780409;
    I've seen it twice so I'm going to ask... what is the motherboard?
    The abc board.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3780410;
    The abc board.
    Thanks BlondieGal

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780314;
    Melissa was in the first car and actually exited first ( in real time) which is usually done for the visual effect. Many of us speculated that we were shown Melissa exiting 3rd as part of the "Third time is a charm" theme.
    Under the old editors, several times we saw the F1 edited to exit #15,16,17.
    Something to note, though, is that under the new editors Shayne exited #15.
    Don't forget though, by the time the first episode aired, if they hadn't already broken up, Jason had at the very least told Chris (and therefore, the producers by proxy) that he and Melissa were about to break up and that he was desperate for another chance with Molly. And she was shown exiting as #16, I think? 15-17, somewhere thereabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3780360;
    Help me out, please.
    I've seen Coit Tower many times while on business in SF. If I'm not mistaken, it sits on Telegraph Hill, looks like a fire hose, and is a great place to take in the scenery if you want to fight the tourist mobs, but I don't think of it as a "date place." There are plenty of restaurants nearby but not in the tower or in that little park with the statue. Am I wrong?
    No. You are not wrong. ;-)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KathnToast;3780417;
    Don't forget though, by the time the first episode aired, if they hadn't already broken up, Jason had at the very least told Chris (and therefore, the producers by proxy) that he and Melissa were about to break up and that he was desperate for another chance with Molly. And she was shown exiting as #16, I think? 15-17, somewhere thereabouts.
    In Andy's season's the F3 were shown exiting clumped together (not in the same car but visually) #15-17. F3 #15 and so on....

It will probably always be a mystery whether Reality Steve was correct that if Jason wanted Molly, he had to take Melissa first. Molly's place in the limo exit would substantiate that, but nothing else was solid proof as I recall. The way it went down and the way the producers operate? I would not have been surprised.

As far as Melissa's edited exit... She actually exited first which usually indicates visual impact; however, Melissa was F1, and F1 is not shown exiting first. Now here is where I show my lack of knowledge, and maybe someone else can help. I know that Melissa was in car#1, so it was easy enough for them to just move her around so that she came out 3rd in the car on film. What I don't know is if they are able to do this if F1 is actually #23 in car # 5, and they want to show F1 to be hidden in the pack and to come out, say, as #15 in car #3. Can they easily do this?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=KashatheDiva;3780393;]3 words? Shayne Lamas Syndrome?
    Maybe a shoo-in set up in case Jake didn't find a "real match".[/QUOTE]

I am already highly suspicious that the fix is on; however, I am not even sure that it is in case he doesn't find a real match. I am wondering if maybe he wasn't told that this is how it would be.

Of course, we may be surprised, and Gia is not F1, but his initial interviews were very contradicting and did not sound encouraging to me. Regardless of what he NOW begins to say, right afterwards when he should be glowing, he didn't even sound mysterious as much as he sounded negative.

Also, if Gia is F1 what are we to do with his statement against tattoos?
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3780424;
    In Andy's season's the F3 were shown exiting clumped together (not in the same car but visually) #15-17. F3 #15 and so on....

It will probably always be a mystery whether Reality Steve was correct that if Jason wanted Molly, he had to take Melissa first. Molly's place in the limo exit would substantiate that, but nothing else was solid proof as I recall. The way it went down and the way the producers operate? I would not have been surprised.

As far as Melissa's edited exit... She actually exited first which usually indicates visual impact; however, Melissa was F1, and F1 is not shown exiting first. Now here is where I show my lack of knowledge, and maybe someone else can help. I know that Melissa was in car#1, so it was easy enough for them to just move her around so that she came out 3rd in the car on film. What I don't know is if they are able to do this if F1 is actually #23 in car # 5, and they want to show F1 to be hidden in the pack and to come out, say, as #15 in car #3. Can they easily do this?
    I would think they could easily make anyone look like they were coming out of any limo. It's night, so we wouldn't be able to compare shadows, the limos look the same & we don't see the driver. If something was too obvious that they had mixed it up, they could just cut to show a close up of her standing up & edit in one of Jakes expressions them Bam!! There she is standing in front of him.

ETAI feel the same way about Jake's demeaner during the interviews. He does seem very apathetic about the whole "journey"...I almost expect him to say "Yeah, it was an amazing journey, met beautiful girls, had a hard time letting them go, yada yada....aaaanyway....when's lunch?"
    Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 12-31-2009 at 10:02 AM.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow