Page 54 of 1269 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354555657585960616263641041545541054 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 14 Jake Pavelka **Sleuthing** SPOILERS**

Capegal, you're the one who helped me with the first word. I kept seeing Kare or Rare...I was looking for a place in LA called Rare Steak (BTW, there is a Rare Steakhouse in Melbourne) but that didn't even sound right. We're not any further along than we were unless we can find where that Karl Strauss is.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I still think it's the one Capegal. Everything looks the same evcept the "water" tower. Even the palm tree is there. Yay!! You found it. I looked at Universal, but obviously not hard enough.

There are many similarities in these two - the green awning is held to the building by 4 white lines - the ivy

The difference is the angle of the shot

Nope - maybe not - uummmmmmmm - but....... it may also depend on when the small photo was taken - with the ivy being a bit different around the windows - but it looks like the awning is above a second floor seeating area - I think it could be one and the same.......

Also - in a shot near the end of the interview - the stucco is the same color as on the end of the building - by that bridge thing - like a light terra cotta color - with the ivy on it as well
    Last edited by Capegal; 10-29-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I don't know if yall found this already or not, but Universal CityWalk is in Hollywood. At Universal Studios Hollywood.

This makes me curious, If they've had dates in San Diego, was that like a one day trip and then back to LA? I originally thought they'd somehow make SD the 'F6 destination trip' they've done in the past. Anybody know what I missed?

I think it's the same place. The Ivy is about the same, the windows are the same, etc. Jake & Laura are just on the our left of the building. If this is Universal Citywalk, then the building next to Karl Strauss looks to be Jon Lovitz Comedy Club which had a private event on Oct. 22. Maybe a little stand-up ad libbing for a group date? Sounds awful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3739386;

There are many similarities in these two - the green awning is held to the building by 4 white lines - the ivy

The difference is the angle of the shot

Nope - maybe not - uummmmmmmm - but....... it may also depend on when the small photo was taken - with the ivy being a bit different around the windows - but it looks like the awning is above a second floor seeating area - I think it could be one and the same.......

Sure looks like the same. They are standing what looks like the third story ... compare where their heads are with the palm tree, their heads are in the frawn part of the tree.

So that white round thingy is off to the right in the picture of Jake, either behind the palm tree, or still further right and wasn't captured in the picture.

It is in the upper level of the CITY LOFT area of the Citywalk .......... this is a layout of of it.....

http://www.citywalkhollywood.com/pdfs/citywalkmap.pdf
    Last edited by Capegal; 10-29-2009 at 11:21 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3739394;
    I think it's the same place. The Ivy is about the same, the windows are the same, etc. Jake & Laura are just on the our left of the building. If this is Universal Citywalk, then the building next to Karl Strauss looks to be Jon Lovitz Comedy Club which had a private event on Oct. 22. Maybe a little stand-up ad libbing for a group date? Sounds awful to me.
    Sorry to quote myself, but according to the interview, Jake was on a group date when he was at Universal Citywalk.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3739413;
    Sorry to quote myself, but according to the interview, Jake was on a group date when he was at Universal Citywalk.
    SAFF - we done good

I still love your ID name
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by CashFoSho;3739389;
    I don't know if yall found this already or not, but Universal CityWalk is in Hollywood. At Universal Studios Hollywood.

This makes me curious, If they've had dates in San Diego, was that like a one day trip and then back to LA? I originally thought they'd somehow make SD the 'F6 destination trip' they've done in the past. Anybody know what I missed?
    Could be that they did San Diego for a group date - or........ that is the area they hoofed off to after the RC cut
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON